Player Discussion: Patrick Maroon

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
It's time for Maroon to move on. He's too slow, makes too many mistakes with the puck and is a defensive liability. (The fact he is on our second PP is laughable)

The fourth line will be the death of us. It's waaay too slow. We need to move to 11 and 7 and do it fast. Doing so gives the 4th line a stronger player every shift.

If Maroon's character is still so important then why do we look 4 steps behind? The Leafs are skating their ass off and going to war. We aren't.

Obviously there is a lot more wrong to this team/game than just the 4th line, but if we don't get Maroon off the ice we are in trouble.

Don't be dumb Cooper.
This was not the fault of the fourth line, the entire team played terrible. No way can one line or one player be singled out when the entire roster looked as if they were a pee wee team playing against an NHL franchise.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Nah. The lack of a competent 3rd line and structured team defense will be the death of us. You can only get so far with the stars being down and playing like shit, but when the identity of your team changes and you spend 82 games doing nothing to prepare for their loss, you lose 5-0 to toronto like they just did.

What we saw tonight was tampa's prima Donna version from 2016-2019, the guys that couldn't get it done. There should have been a game plan over the course of the season to develop a 3rd. I'm more baffled the longer I sit on this loss at Cooper and the coaches. Sure they can't skate but wtf were those lines? And maroon on the powerplay went from 2-0 to 3-0 cause he can't pass better than C league players. Questionable decisions and they are polarized when it matters, like right now.

Spine of the team is where it's at...

Roll Point, Stamkos and Cirelli as your centers. Put wingers with them to gel, give assignments. I have no idea what they were planning on getting done with those lines. There wasn't a forecheck in sight until Paul laid a check with 5mins left to go in the game.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
I’m falling into the bench Pat camp. He’s known as our, ahem, tough guy but when was the last time he laid a big hit? He’s too slow to catch anyone by surprise. He’s not feared at all. Now he’s thinking too slowly too. He’s our resident chirper, sure, but no one’s taking that bait.

The only thing I can see is that it might somehow seem ‘disloyal’.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
That 2 year extension could really come back and bite JBB. He looks slow and cooked.

Maybe this is just a bad matchup for him. He’s just been terrible. Not making him the scapegoat by any means, there have been bigger issues in this series, like Toronto getting better goaltending last night.

Hope Rutta came come in for Pat. Or atleast replace Bogo

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He’s just not a good fit in this matchup. The game both teams are playing is too fast, too reliant on skating and speed. Is 11/7 a worthy alternative? Would make 4-6min of ABB or Fortier in his stead make more sense? Coop gotta look into that.

Reactions: Hoek

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
He's had a bad few games but it's not THAT bad. He's got more to prove and will bounce back
A few? Not sure what you are watching? He's maybe had "a few" good games this year.

AFTER I made this thread Pat Maroon comes in with the bone head penalty minuets in. We go down 1-0 on the scoreboard early and its all she wrote.

Thanks Pat

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
E5yUGIaXsAgkaz6

OdinsFury

Oct 2, 2020
The Maroon delay of game penalty changed the complexion of game 3 and Bolts never recovered - at least on the scoreboard! But props to him for bouncing back in game 4. Its that level of intensity that will be needed from him and every member of this team if Bolts are to make a long Cup run!

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Unfortunately Game 4s great preformance was followed by a bad game by the 4th line. They were hemmed in the D zone often.

Is there maybe a case to only play Maroon at home when you can control his matchups more?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad