Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Me too. Would HF be considered “social media” or no?

More like antisocial media, amirite?

1727638837910.gif

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019
Football is the most popular sport in the world. LOL.

Even in Southern Ontario/GTA, the two fastest growing sports are football (ie. soccer) and basketball.

Why? It’s cheaper and it’s purely based on skill. There’s no unwritten rule BS in either sport. You come, you play…

Hockey and baseball meanwhile still thinking like the Soviet Union still exists. Crying about bat flips and “answering the bell”.

PS: Ain’t called Saakar either.
Cricket.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Slaf made the a leafs player pay the price by… pulling his hair???
It’s hockey; not soccer. Your teammate gets injured on a bad play and it should be all hands on deck. Slaf came up and fought. He did good. Caufield could have fought Robertson. There’s always a guy out there to match up with. Make the other team pay the price. That’s how to stand up for a teammate.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Last edited:
Reactions: dukeofjive

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
Toronto fans called for and got actually charges laid in Toronto. Dan Maloney on the Wings I believe. For pounding Leaf defenceman Brian Glenny.

Who? What?

The thing is..Paré himself admitted he did it. He said that Laine was coming, got the move on him so he TRIED to stopped him. With his shoulders? Yeah..nope. With his knee. That's a knee on knee. And that's unacceptable and suspendable. One day, maybe we will take that as serious as the head injuries...

Admitted where? Video and time stamp needed.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Toronto fans called for and got actually charges laid in Toronto. Dan Maloney on the Wings I believe. For pounding Leaf defenceman Brian Glenny.
You guys doxxed a journeyman player's family. That's embarrassing

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
It’s hockey; not soccer. Your teammate gets injured on a bad play and it should be all hands on deck. Slaf came up and fought. He did good. Caufield could have fought Robertson. There’s always a guy out there to match up with. Make the other team pay the price. That’s how to stand up for a teammate.
Great news! I watch hockey every four years during the Olympics.
y46va7yh8la0tcqmpyjv.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Fatass

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
I see a bunch of whiny Montreal fans because they went from 28th to 30th this year...

It makes no sense and is insanely illogical.

Laine put himself in a bad position, the Leafs player tried to hit him and missed and went knee on knee, it is a bad situation.

Xhekaj went overboard, but who cares, he thought he was doing what is right, it was as dumb as Foligno fighting Perry, but it is understandable.

what are you smoking?! he didnt missed an inch, hit delivered 100% It was just unbelievable stupid move by Laine but lets not pretend Pare tried something else than stop him with his knee

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
Seems pretty made up to me. I don't see any audio recordings of the calls in the story.

See, pretty shady.

Not quite, because if you read the article then you would have seen this part.

A spokesman said police suspected the calls were inspired by a local media outlet that suggested the idea. The police spokesman described the gesture as "irresponsible" — and he urged Montrealers to keep the emergency line free for actual life-and-death matters.

"Someone in the media has been telling people to call the police to complain," said Sgt. Ian Lafreniere of the Montreal police.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
A spokesman said police suspected the calls were inspired by a local media outlet that suggested the idea. The police spokesman described the gesture as "irresponsible" — and he urged Montrealers to keep the emergency line free for actual life-and-death matters.

"Someone in the media has been telling people to call the police to complain," said Sgt. Ian Lafreniere of the Montreal police.

I just see people talking about alleged calls that may or may not have happened.

Show me the transcripts or the recordings please.

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
I just see people talking about alleged calls that may or may not have happened.

Show me the transcripts or the recordings please.

So is the Montreal Police spokesperson lying?

And if so, why did this happen then?

I’d start boiling water in Ottawa if I were you.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So is the Montreal Police spokesperson lying?

Maybe, I don't see any proof.

Where are the call records? The transcripts of the actual calls? Audio recordings?

You think Reimer and his wife and Jake DeBrusk were lying, so I don't see the difference.

And if so, why did this happen then?

Optics, obviously.

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
Well you leafs fans are kings of embarrassment ......so I'll have to take your word on that.

We've had our moments but the Habs own that Embarrassment Cup now. I think everyone in the league but your fans knows all you've rebuilt is a cellar dweller, bargain bin hockey team that with or without Laine were not breaking the bottem 10 of the league. The fact that your fans thought Laine was going to take you to the promised land was laughable at best and just downright sad at worst.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
We've had our moments but the Habs own that Embarrassment Cup now. I think everyone in the league but your fans knows all you've rebuilt is a cellar dweller, bargain bin hockey team that with or without Laine were not breaking the bottem 10 of the league. The fact that your fans thought Laine was going to take you to the promised land was laughable at best and just downright sad at worst.
Man that CN tower with those bleu blanc et rouge colours did look good.

• Love
Reactions: Canadienna

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Police spokesperson can’t lie though nor exaggerate.

interview-christian-bale.gif

Hit with a wave of calls, but unwilling to share the number of calls or any examples or supporting evidence of any kind.

Receipts please. Date and time stamps, originating phone numbers, content transcripts, audio recordings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad