Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I've been trying my best to stay quiet on this as emotions are still incredibly high but I will say that hockey fans as a whole are some of the biggest f***ing hypocrites out there.

Habs fans absolutely have EVERY right to be livid at this shit, although obviously there is no place for the death threats and going after his family etc..Idiots in every fanbase, we just happen to have one of the largest so there are more of them.

But the amount of Leafs fans all over socials calling us whiners, considering that a clean hockey play etc..

Could you f***ing imagine the reaction had that been Lucas Condotta and Auston Matthews? Think about that for a minute and ask yourself that question honestly. Would it still have been a "clean hockey play."? Would Leafs fans be "whiners" in that scenario?

Genuinely couldn't begin to imagine the outcry if the roles were reversed.

The hockey community might be the most toxic in all of sports. Hypocrites everywhere.

It is like Lucas Condotta on Tavares...

Laine is a cap dump, stop pretending he is a savior, Montreal was missing the playoffs regardless.

And he literally got a knee on knee hit done on him the game before and is now injured...

Reactions: LeafsNet

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Really? That's your takeaway from my post? I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

You *should* know damn well what I was saying, but evidently not.

You set up a comparison that isn't close to reality... an accidently knee injuring someone who should be a cap dump happened twice to Tavares against Montreal...

You have examples of similar situations, yet you chose to make up some stories and whine for a few paragraphs.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The narrator of the video says that Pare should have gotten a penalty. The narrator mentions that Pare leans/shifts to the left, and his knee comes up as a result. The narrator says that BOTH are to blame. Did you listen to it?

Pare should have stood up for what he did, that is the code, but he turtled.
Ahhh… the mythical ‘code’… ‘the code’ that justifies whatever anyone does when it comes to various forms of violence… when it aligns with whomever make ‘the code’ argument. I’m pretty sure the made up, ever changing ‘code’ also… well usually… says punching with a gloved hand is completely unacceptable. I mean, it is within the actual rules but ‘the code’ usually agrees.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Even Leafs fans aren't as stupid as they're pretending to be ITT.

I see a bunch of whiny Montreal fans because they went from 28th to 30th this year...

It makes no sense and is insanely illogical.

Laine put himself in a bad position, the Leafs player tried to hit him and missed and went knee on knee, it is a bad situation.

Xhekaj went overboard, but who cares, he thought he was doing what is right, it was as dumb as Foligno fighting Perry, but it is understandable.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
You set up a comparison that isn't close to reality... an accidently knee injuring someone who should be a cap dump happened twice to Tavares against Montreal...

You have examples of similar situations, yet you chose to make up some stories and whine for a few paragraphs.

Answer that original statement rather than trying to deflect. I'm curious here. Humour me. If that exact scenario happened with Condotta and Matthews last night, would you be posting on here about how Condotta had zero ill intent and it was just a hockey play? Would you have been calm and collected in your postings?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Answer that original statement rather than trying to deflect. I'm curious here. Humour me. If that exact scenario happened with Condotta and Matthews last night, would you be posting on here about how Condotta had zero ill intent and it was just a hockey play? Would you have been calm and collected in your postings?

Hopefully, I am logical enough to see things how they played out and don't act like a 14 year old girl, so maybe, not sure.

I also have a lot more going for me than hockey and my team's success, so I don't think it'd affect me the way it affects some here.

coolboarder

Mar 4, 2010
Maryland
My thought on preseason game on incident like this, you do not play your rivals in the preseason even it's close for stuff like this happens in preseason. If you have to schedule a rival in a game, you do not dress your own star player if you could avoid it. You control your own schedule in preseason but must schedule at least 6-8 games. This usually is the type of game where you play your star player the least on 5 on 5 and give them more PP reps for chance of your own star player to survive the meaningless game. This is the type of game where coaches try to evaluate your own prospects and is the usually the hardest part of the schedule for coaches to really make the decision because not everyone will go their hardest except for young players trying to make the team is often the fool gold. Preseason games is a waste of time and if I were a coach, I wouldn't even dress them. I would use these time practicing and train them hard for 3 full weeks before giving my opponent a chance to study my own team. If I were the player, I would do away the preseason schedule if I could.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
X is a goon. He won’t be running around when Montreal plays Toronto with Reaves on the ice. This is exactly why Toronto went out and got Ryan Reaves, Smart move.

The hit did not look like an intentional hit at all. Hopefully Laine is OK, as he is an elite goal scorer when he is playing his game.
I'm neither a Habs fan nor a Leafs fan and I honestly don't pay that much attention to either team but IMHO, at this point in his career, Reeves is a waste of bench space. I'll take Xhekaj on my team any day over senior citizen Reeves. Stupid move by Treliving... but it's not his first and guaranteed it won't be his last. Treliving does love his washed up old guys.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Don't
f***ing
Stick
Your
f***ing
Knee
Out

It's a dirty hit no matter what the deranged Leafs homers might think. Trash and I'm glad the guy got his bitch face caved in.

Are you glad that Laine got injured because he didn’t listen to your advice and fudgen stuck his fudgen knee out?

I don’t think it was dirty when Laine stuck his leg out. I think it was his lack of skating ability

Jan 21, 2018
Serious question.

Can someone explain to me why fans of the Montreal Canadiens are upset at Toronto?

I thought Montreal injured Tavares during the playoffs yet I don’t recall any Montreal fans being upset about that.

I also thought Montreal was paid to take on Laine’s contract, which makes him a cap dump.

So to summarize:

Montreal’s scrub injures Toronto’s #2C during the playoffs.

Toronto’s scrub injures Montreal’s cap dump during the preseason

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
Serious question.

Can someone explain to me why fans of the Montreal Canadiens are upset at Toronto?

I thought Montreal injured Tavares during the playoffs yet I don’t recall any Montreal fans being upset about that.

I also thought Montreal was paid to take on Laine’s contract, which makes him a cap dump.

So to summarize:

Perry is a scrub...

Laine got injured and your wondering why habs fans got mad...

I know your trying to be funny here, so entertain me while work is slow

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Serious question.

Uh why would habs fans be upset a leaf player was injured.
It doesn’t appear to be a serious question tbh.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Serious question.

So to summarize:

Unserious question, and you're not looking for a rational response.

But just in case, I think it's because those two scenarios are completely different.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
So what do you want? No Leafs fan gives the slightest f*** about Pare, never heard of him.

this X guy, is apparently pronounced Jackeye,

Ban Pare for life? Ok. Or what? how many games should this ECHL player get?

I'm more concerned for Laine.
Yeah, way too much outrage on both sides about this

Just an unfortunate play and Xhekaj fulfilling his role, nothing controversial here imo

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
Are you glad that Laine got injured because he didn’t listen to your advice and fudgen stuck his fudgen knee out?

I don’t think it was dirty when Laine stuck his leg out. I think it was his lack of skating ability

Wait what? This makes no sense and shows your embarrassing lack of hockey knowledge.

Laine puts himself in a bad position but he doesn't change the direction of his knee towards contact like Pare obviously does. I don't think it's done maliciously it's just a bad player making a bad play rather than get beat. Your take is just knuckle dragging levels of stupid.

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo

Look how Bure
1. Skates around players
2. When he skates between players he keeps his feet close together and not 5 feet apart

I like this video.

Wait what? This makes no sense and shows your embarrassing lack of hockey knowledge.

Laine puts himself in a bad position but he doesn't change the direction of his knee towards contact like Pare obviously does. I don't think it's done maliciously it's just a bad player making a bad play rather than get beat. Your take is just knuckle dragging levels of stupid.

“Like Pare obviously does”.

Except there’s not a single piece of video evidence to shows that.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Pare should not have stuck his knee like that, it is one of those very dangerous plays.

Laine is done for the season because of it.

I don't think it was really malicious, he just reacted and made a really dangerous move that seriously injured a player.

I am not a fan of the code where Xhekaj needs to try to injure him. Refs should just have expelled Pare, that's it.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I mean... There's a reason strikes to the back of the head are banned in combat sports. It is, objectively, the more dangerous play.
Do combat sports wear hockey helmets, or any kind of head protection in a sanctioned match. I don’t know, if they don’t. Why not?

Both plays weren’t good.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad