Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Don’t glide across the blue line with your legs spanned out like an A380 on the runway. Guy literally skated into Pare and shattered his knee.

Like I said earlier, you folks in Montreal were just looking for an excuse to start crying and moaning about another bust season. Here it is.

Enjoy.

Everyone in 2007 after a hit that would be a 10 game suspension today:

"Don't skate across the middle of the ice with your head down."

You cannot over extend your legs like that, you just can't. And intent is irrelevant, you are responsible for your actions on the ice.

• Haha
Reactions: LeafsNet

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo

You cannot over extend your legs like that, you just can't. And intent is irrelevant, you are responsible for your actions on the ice.

Show me where he extended his knee. You folks literally are coming up with things at this point. He didn’t even hit him or lean into him, he literally stood in his position. Laine skated into HIM.

This isn’t hard.

Reactions: Helistin

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Show me where he extended his knee. You folks literally are coming up with things at this point. He didn’t even hit him or lean into him, he literally stood in his position. Laine skated into HIM.

This isn’t hard.

You can clearly see the right limbs of Paré extending beyond his body in that youtube video. I get it, you don't like the Habs, but it was clearly a bad play.

You just cant lead with your leg like that man. C'mon

HofT

Sep 4, 2008

You can clearly see the right limbs of Paré extending beyond his body in that youtube video. I get it, you don't like the Habs, but it was clearly a bad play.

Look at the play in real time and just focus on Pare. He does not extend at all. He is completely flat footed. Laine floats into him. All Pare did was shift his body weight from his right to left. No forward extension.

Reactions: klmdg and LeafsNet

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
No surprise, that was bad and a bad look for the sport
Meh. I enjoyed it.

George Parros looking after his guys. You certainly don't get suspended for sucker punching a Leaf to the back of the head. Good to see.
Cry some more. This is always what happens. When a dude injures your team mate you’re supposed to punch him out. He ran away.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal

Look at the play in real time and just focus on Pare. He does not extend at all. He is completely flat footed. Laine floats into him. All Pare did was shift his body weight from his right to left. No forward extension.

That was textbook kneeing. Sheesh you guys man. Has nothing to do to who, or what team it was done to.

Whatever Im out.

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo

1. Can’t take anything seriously from a guy who doesn’t even know how to pronounce Patrick Laine
2. This video is cut off/cropped and doesn’t even show the entire hit

The other videos that have subsequently been posted in response clearly shows in wasn’t intentional nor was he sticking his knee out.

You folks are creating things in your own head at this point.

There was no extension of the knee. That’s why he wasn’t penalized for it. Keep crying.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It's really disappointing seeing Habs fans issue death threats, threatening family members and bringing up the passing of Rodion Amirov and wishing it happen to other Leafs players. As a society we need to be better. Unfortunately, I think generally, humanity has gone too far down the line to rebound.
Oh please stop with this holier-than-thou attitude, there are plenty of Leafs fans who do the same thing. The amount of times I've read Leafs fans saying they should target Price's knees in the playoff series was uncanny. There are people like that in every fanbase, so with bigger fanbases, there will obviously be more people doing it.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
That was textbook kneeing. Sheesh you guys man. Has nothing to do to who, or what team it was done to.

Whatever Im out.
It is not kneeing. He doesn't "lead with" or "extend" his knee. He pivots to protect himself while flat footed. If he doesn't, he probably gets hurt himself. It's Laine who initiates contact.

But don't take my opinion for granted, the two on ice officials agreed.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Am I the only one who just sees an unlucky situation? There is almost no knee movement it's not extended the only thing that changes a bit is the angle which is a natural movement for the direction he was turning his body to make the hit. If I'm being really honest what I see is a guy playing hard trying to fight for a place on the team then a player who is just coasting playing at 50% like hes trying to deke through 2 guys with that wide stance like he is at the out door rink where there is no contact. This is one of the things I've always hated about preseason games and players not playing their hardest like it's a real game because that's when you get injured.

Reactions: SwollenGoat

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
Oh please stop with this holier-than-thou attitude, there are plenty of Leafs fans who do the same thing. The amount of times I've read Leafs fans saying they should target Price's knees in the playoff series was uncanny. There are people like that in every fanbase, so with bigger fanbases, there will obviously be more people doing it.

Where are those threats though? I’d like to see some receipts.

For example, here’s Cedric Pare’s IG account getting absolutely demolished by Habs fans.

1000 plus comments now full of threats and vitriol.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
It really isn't. Here's another good breakdown to explain to you:

The narrator of the video says that Pare should have gotten a penalty. The narrator mentions that Pare leans/shifts to the left, and his knee comes up as a result. The narrator says that BOTH are to blame. Did you listen to it?

Pare should have stood up for what he did, that is the code, but he turtled.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad