Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
I hate both the Leafs and the Habs. I celebrate both clubs’ losses.
But I’m also a fan of our great game. And when a teammate is seriously injured on a bad player there should be a response from the whole club. All the Hab players should have been doing what Slaf did.

And that’s why your great game is now behind MLS in the United States in terms of ratings. That sort of stuff needs to be booted out of the game. If two guys wanna fight, by all means scrap it out. If one guy isn’t interested, don’t bully or gang up on him…or came at him from behind.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
It’s hockey. Stand up for your teammates. The game has definitely changed. Slaf did good.
Its just a tough dynamic in preseason when you see your guy get his knee blown out 5 minutes into the game , not to mention Arber went bat shit. Also like it or not the game has really changed alot of these AHL and east coast guys are just way tougher than most current top 6 NHLers , I agree with your sentiment but the game changing is a real thing

Reactions: Fatass

Matthews4Calder

Nov 27, 2016
BC Western Canada
Hab fans are priceless. Most knee on knee are not intentional. Was the one last night? Hard to tell. Way I look at it if you try and take out a guys knee you potentially could be doing harm to yourself . Arber had all game to try and get at Pare but just shows you he's a loose cannon. Pick your spot and your time don't just jump a guy and start throwing bombs with your glove on.

Reactions: LeafsNet

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
And that’s why your great game is now behind MLS in the United States in terms of ratings. That sort of stuff needs to be booted out of the game. If two guys wanna fight, by all means scrap it out. If one guy isn’t interested, don’t bully or gang up on him…or came at him from behind.
Our great game is not overly popular down south because its players no longer stand up for their teammates like they used to. It’s trending to be too much like soccer, which is a sport without character.

Mar 12, 2009
find it then, maybe Rielly's headshot to Grieg? which u will always get people on both sides but I did say multiple times he was a coward even though he should have done something, but that something should have been to drop the gloves not headshot him like a coward.

but I dunno I cant think of any examples where a Leaf jumped a guy from behind. if it does happen feel free to call me out if I support it, which I wont.
Huh? I was saying if a Leaf did that, Habs fans would be doing a 180.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Its just a tough dynamic in preseason when you see your guy get his knee blown out 5 minutes into the game , not to mention Arber went bat shit. Also like it or not the game has really changed alot of these AHL and east coast guys are just way tougher than most current top 6 NHLers , I agree with your sentiment but the game changing is a real thing
You’re right. I’m that old man yelling at the clouds.

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
Our great game is not overly popular down south because its players no longer stand up for their teammates like they used to. It’s trending to be too much like soccer, which is a sport without character.

Football is the most popular sport in the world. LOL.

Even in Southern Ontario/GTA, the two fastest growing sports are football (ie. soccer) and basketball.

Why? It’s cheaper and it’s purely based on skill. There’s no unwritten rule BS in either sport. You come, you play…

Hockey and baseball meanwhile still thinking like the Soviet Union still exists. Crying about bat flips and “answering the bell”.

PS: Ain’t called Saakar either.

Reactions: Forgotusername

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Football is the most popular sport in the world. LOL.

Ain’t called Saakar either.
It’s here where the NHLPA plays. And here it’s soccer. And hockey here used to be a game where guys stood up for their teammates. Not just one or two guys but all the players. Sadly that’s changed and the game is trending towards soccer in this way. The Laine situation from last night was just another example of this sad turn out great game has taken.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Appears Pare is simply a coward. He was also playing the rest of the game so clearly this "assault" was not so bad as some perceive.
See I read this as WiFi hits like a 12 year old girl. He tried his best to injure a player with an extremely dirty and disgraceful "assault" but just couldn't get it done. Weak wrists probably...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad