Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
There is 0 chance that a team that sees his player go down the way he did would have been able to excuse the gesture by Paré. None. It's not Laine's fault if he made a move. Paré himself said that he HAD to stop him from passing him 'cause he was playing for a job...(yeah right...). So he moved his knee. Which we call a knee on knee. Which EVERY f***ING TEAM in the league hates. A cheap shot. Made by a guy who refused to answer for it.

Now, your chance is to yourself in that position. And let say they exact same thing in preseason is made by a career pool AHL'er to your McDavid, Pastrnak, to your Matthews,....you get the idea...tell me that you'd find a way to excuse Paré. If so, you are a bunch of liars.

Great part of it all is that chances are....cheapshots like that will happen to players of your team. Can't wait for your whining. For the rest of the sane people here, yeah, cheap shot by a player who can't follow the pace of a guy who hasn't played in 6 months. That was too scared of answering the bell.
It's already happened to Leafs players many times. One being DeBrusk kneeing Kadri. No penalty on the play. HF deemed they were fine with it.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
all good brother just some friendly banter.

Not from Quebec btw
<<<----
The roving band of Nordiques fans who came down to Isles games rivaled drunk flyers fans (the bus loads who show up for afternoon games) and Rangers “die hards” in terms of being obnoxious. Straight up walked around like they owned the place and everything must belong to them. It was bad.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
The roving band of Nordiques fans who came down to Isles games rivaled drunk flyers fans (the bus loads who show up for afternoon games) and Rangers “die hards” in terms of being obnoxious. Straight up walked around like they owned the place and everything must belong to them. It was bad.
Welcome to the rest of Canada...

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
There is 0 chance that a team that sees his player go down the way he did would have been able to excuse the gesture by Paré. None. It's not Laine's fault if he made a move. Paré himself said that he HAD to stop him from passing him 'cause he was playing for a job...(yeah right...). So he moved his knee. Which we call a knee on knee. Which EVERY f***ING TEAM in the league hates. A cheap shot. Made by a guy who refused to answer for it.

Now, your chance is to yourself in that position. And let say they exact same thing in preseason is made by a career pool AHL'er to your McDavid, Pastrnak, to your Matthews,....you get the idea...tell me that you'd find a way to excuse Paré. If so, you are a bunch of liars.

Great part of it all is that chances are....cheapshots like that will happen to players of your team. Can't wait for your whining. For the rest of the sane people here, yeah, cheap shot by a player who can't follow the pace of a guy who hasn't played in 6 months. That was too scared of answering the bell.
Really it doesn’t matter if there was intent or not. A Hab was seriously injured on a bad play. Every Hab should have fought a Leaf the rest of the game. Other than Slaf who made the Leaf players pay the price?

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Don't
f***ing
Stick
Your
f***ing
Knee
Out

It's a dirty hit no matter what the deranged Leafs homers might think. Trash and I'm glad the guy got his bitch face caved in.
Cool story, he didn't even get his face caved in.

You don't think Laine was at all in the wrong here? You wouldn't advise your younger players NOT to do what Laine did there? Splitting the D with your head down while you know they are going to try to stand you up at the blue line?

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
Definitely an unfortunate hit that was clearly kneeing and maybe brutal for Laine’s season or even career. Pare needed to step up to answer rather than turtle- Xhekaj wanting to get back at him was the right response and needed to get him squared up, all though he went too far and got himself a game misconduct (maybe a suspension). You can’t wail on the back of someone’s head with your gloves while that person isn’t in a position to defend himself.

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
Don't
f***ing
Stick
Your
f***ing
Knee
Out

It's a dirty hit no matter what the deranged Leafs homers might think. Trash and I'm glad the guy got his bitch face caved in.

Don’t glide across the blue line with your legs spanned out like an A380 on the runway. Guy literally skated into Pare and shattered his knee.

Like I said earlier, you folks in Montreal were just looking for an excuse to start crying and moaning about another bust season. Here it is.

Enjoy.

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
Definitely an unfortunate hit that was clearly kneeing and maybe brutal for Laine’s season or even career. Pare needed to step up to answer rather than turtle- Xhekaj wanting to get back at him was the right response and needed to get him squared up, all though he went too far and got himself a game misconduct (maybe a suspension). You can’t wail on the back of someone’s head with your gloves while that person isn’t in a position to defend himself.

Why should he answer to something he didn’t intend to do?

Really it doesn’t matter if there was intent or not. A Hab was seriously injured on a bad play. Every Hab should have fought a Leaf the rest of the game. Other than Slaf who made the Leaf players pay the price?

Where was this logic when Perry injured Tavares or when Gionta took out Reimer’s head many years ago? Consistency is something that Habs fan have trouble adhering to.

Outrage and narratives should not change depending upon who is the “culprit”.

James Reimer was never the same after this, and I still remember Montreal fans claiming “he was faking it”.

For all the hate Leafs fans get in the NHL for being “toxic”, just be glad the majority of Habs fans are French speaking and you don’t have to read or understand some of the vitriol they spew.

Last edited:

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I think there's a deeper issue here:

Habs fans dreamed of the post-season based on Laine returning to 30 goal scoring form.

Not realistic in the first place.

_________

Step off the ledge for a moment people. He's just one guy. A reclamation project when you consider how little they gave up to acquire him.

Hopefully the rest of the team can rally from this. A lot of people have to be good this season for a playoff birth. Not just Laine.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Laine skating through the zone.

Attachments

• 200w-1.gif
    200w-1.gif
    655.7 KB · Views: 1

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Nobody but you can also understand why they didn't wanna all get hurt playing dumb out there in pre season , even slaf fighting wasen't needed

Reactions: MoneyManny

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
habs are cursed , we literally had the record of games missed like 2-3 years ago.

literally cant be healthy at all.
I'd hardly call having a guy who was traded as a salary dump get injured as being cursed. I wouldn't wish injury on Laine but if I'm a Habs fan there's a lot better ways to spend $8.5m, which they can now do

Reactions: MoneyManny

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
They are all brutal now, too many bot farms. I am starting to think its just Russian and Chinese bot farms arguing American politics with each other lol
Probably not. There are a lot of bots, but the combination of Musk decisions to charge for a verification, amplify those verified, and pay for tweets that get engagement inevitably has led to some of the worst people saying whatever insane bullshit they think will get the most attention. Twitter has always been filled with people saying vile shit, obviously, but it's practically encouraged now.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I think there's a deeper issue here:

Habs fans dreamed of the post-season based on Laine returning to 30 goal scoring form.

Not realistic in the first place.

_________

Step off the ledge for a moment people. He's just one guy. A reclamation project when you consider how little they gave up to acquire him.

Hopefully the rest of the team can rally from this. A lot of people have to be good this season for a playoff birth. Not just Laine.
Any realistic habs fan shouldn't have thought Laine was some savior. We started the rebuild 3 years ago , still ongoing , its a huge hit to the entertainment factor for fans which is why I think everybody is really acting emotional about it , in terms of long term organisational outlook the Reinbacher injury is actually more concerning

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Sad to see a player go down like that, also sad to see some fans using this shitty hockey moment to troll or send death threats.

Ooff going to be another long season, man I love my habs but part of the fan base is yea special.
Comes with the territory. It is what it is , lots of good fans too, the frustration from the fanbase is also understandable. We don't have good things happen to us offensively for a long long time now , but boy can we draft a goalie :laugh:

Reactions: dukeofjive

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Sad to see a player go down like that, also sad to see some fans using this shitty hockey moment to troll or send death threats.

Ooff going to be another long season, man I love my habs but part of the fan base is yea special.
All teams have terrible fans, just bigger the teams fan base more terrible fans there is.

We’ve seen this before, fans sending death threats to players and their families. They are the lowest form of fans, anyone who does that (doesn’t matter the team).

Reactions: dukeofjive

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Why should he answer to something he didn’t intend to do?

Where was this logic when Perry injured Tavares or when Gionta took out Reimer’s head many years ago? Consistency is something that Habs fan have trouble adhering to.

Outrage and narratives should not change depending upon who is the “culprit”.

James Reimer was never the same after this, and I still remember Montreal fans claiming “he was faking it”.

For all the hate Leafs fans get in the NHL for being “toxic”, just be glad the majority of Habs fans are French speaking and you don’t have to read or understand some of the vitriol they spew.

I hate both the Leafs and the Habs. I celebrate both clubs’ losses.
But I’m also a fan of our great game. And when a teammate is seriously injured on a bad player there should be a response from the whole club. All the Hab players should have been doing what Slaf did.

Reactions: overlords

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad