Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Mar 12, 2009
Don't
f***ing
Stick
Your
f***ing
Knee
Out

It's a dirty hit no matter what the deranged Leafs homers might think. Trash and I'm glad the guy got his bitch face caved in.
So dirty hit bad, dirty premeditated attack from behind not bad or dirty? Kinda seems like you're fine with dirty stuff if your team does it; I have a feeling if a Leaf did what X did, you'd also be melting down over that (and defending your player's knee) lol.
With these kind of anger problems, I hope you live alone.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I didnt watch the game, I just seen replay that showed only what happened between the two. not going to argue Pare was running anymore if it happened with multiple players as well afterward but still doesnt change the fact what Xhekaj did was wrong, you dont jump guys from behind and try to ground and pound them

but the thing is he just stood his ground, ive seen videos breaking it down and they seem to think he just shifted his weight and didn't intentionally do it. :Laine is equally responsible for this happening, he put himself into a very bad situation,

its really just the Habs wanting revenge because why not. the same after Tavares
I don't think it was intentional. It was a dangerous reflex that ended in the worst possible way. Like it or not, there's an expectation that you have to answer for it if you injure a star player. He had every opportunity to turn around to face Xhekaj and it was abundantly clear that a fight was going to happen, whether he was willing or not.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Didn’t look intentional, but not good, should have been a 5 minute major.
Could be an MCL looking at that still picture, which wine better than ACL.

Borlag

Jan 27, 2006
Helsinki, Funland
Don't
f***ing
Stick
Your
f***ing
Knee
Out

It's a dirty hit no matter what the deranged Leafs homers might think. Trash and I'm glad the guy got his bitch face caved in.
The player sticking his knee out is Laine.

I'm not a fan of either Montreal or Toronto, and in fact more often than not I make fun of the Laughs. Montreal I simply don't care about as they're irrelevant and not in the Laughs kind of funny way. I'm also Finnish so the "homer" in me should root for Laine, right?

This is 100% on Laine doing something stupid in the first place, not looking up and deciding not to shift his own damn leg when he tries to avoid the collision. It's a freak accident, nothing more.

If anything, the assault from behind on Pare is the dirty play. Completely understandable that you stick out for your team mates, but you just don't do that from behind. Did Pare turtle? Sure, he did the chicken shit move instead of stick up for himself. But what Xhekaj did was far worse

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Has there been discussions about legal charges being filed like what happened with Chara on Pacioretty?
I wish I could dig at your team back but I honestly can't remember anything that happened with the islanders in the past 30 years other than Tavares leaving and Glen healy getting beat glove side in 1993

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
do you guys really care if x gets a suspension or is it just to be obnoxious?
Don’t care about x. But the league will suspend him because they can’t have guys attacking another player like he did without a response. Look’s especially bad if the guy getting attacked is injured.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Habs are 1 of 2 franchise fanbases to riot twice over hockey games lol...I don't think there is a lot of self awareness there, or maybe that's something that doesn't have a direct translation from E to F. At least it looks like Leaf fans would have a place to stay rent free if they ever took the trip to Montreal.

I'd like to see a Leaf to the same thing so I can see the complete 180 these guys would do lol.
find it then, maybe Rielly's headshot to Grieg? which u will always get people on both sides but I did say multiple times he was a coward even though he should have done something, but that something should have been to drop the gloves not headshot him like a coward.

but I dunno I cant think of any examples where a Leaf jumped a guy from behind. if it does happen feel free to call me out if I support it, which I wont.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
It was to impede his movement forward.
Yup, it's a quick decision to impede Laine, because no scrub wants to get beaten. It's obvious though that he's not thinking, gee I better take out his knee.

Can't believe anyone would accuse a guy in this era of attempting to injure another. It's a hockey play, a bad one, and sure he probably should have fought... easy to type innit.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I don't think it was intentional. It was a dangerous reflex that ended in the worst possible way. Like it or not, there's an expectation that you have to answer for it if you injure a star player. He had every opportunity to turn around to face Xhekaj and it was abundantly clear that a fight was going to happen, whether he was willing or not.
oh not going to argue that there shouldn;t have been a fight, accident or not u know its coming. but thats not the way.
has to of been a better way to handle that anyways it is what it is. dont give a shit about Pare.

Reactions: CanadienShark

Strangle

May 4, 2009
find it then, maybe Rielly's headshot to Grieg? which u will always get people on both sides but I did say multiple times he was a coward even though he should have done something, but that something should have been to drop the gloves not headshot him like a coward.

but I dunno I cant think of any examples where a Leaf jumped a guy from behind. if it does happen feel free to call me out if I support it, which I wont.

Greig hit himself in the face with that stick, Reilly was aiming for his shoulder and greig put his hand out and guided the stick directly at his own face

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
It was an accident, unlike X's attack from behind that should get him suspended.

You ok? You sound like you have anger issues. I hear counselling helps. Maybe go out for a walk and get some fresh air and watch less hockey?
an accident :laugh: you should walk and take fresh air less and watch more hockey

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I wish I could dig at your team back but I honestly can't remember anything that happened with the islanders in the past 30 years other than Tavares leaving and Glen healy getting beat glove side in 1993
I guess a forward who’s extremely tall trying to spread his legs really far apart to sit on his edges to split defenders and colliding with one knee on knee is the worse than Hunter on Turgeon or Bertuzzi on Moore based on the outcry.
However, if you want to bring that up we’re still here even after a scam artist tried to buy the organization and your fellow mates from Quebec came down like a roving band of children crying that they should move everyone up there.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
There is 0 chance that a team that sees his player go down the way he did would have been able to excuse the gesture by Paré. None. It's not Laine's fault if he made a move. Paré himself said that he HAD to stop him from passing him 'cause he was playing for a job...(yeah right...). So he moved his knee. Which we call a knee on knee. Which EVERY f***ING TEAM in the league hates. A cheap shot. Made by a guy who refused to answer for it.

Now, your chance is to yourself in that position. And let say they exact same thing in preseason is made by a career pool AHL'er to your McDavid, Pastrnak, to your Matthews,....you get the idea...tell me that you'd find a way to excuse Paré. If so, you are a bunch of liars.

Great part of it all is that chances are....cheapshots like that will happen to players of your team. Can't wait for your whining. For the rest of the sane people here, yeah, cheap shot by a player who can't follow the pace of a guy who hasn't played in 6 months. That was too scared of answering the bell.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I guess a forward who’s extremely tall trying to spread his legs really far apart to sit on his edges to split defenders and colliding with one knee on knee is the worse than Hunter on Turgeon or Bertuzzi on Moore based on the outcry.
However, if you want to bring that up we’re still here even after a scam artist tried to buy the organization and your fellow mates from Quebec came down like a roving band of children crying that they should move everyone up there.
all good brother just some friendly banter.

Not from Quebec btw
<<<----

Macman

May 15, 2004
Laine has to take some of the responsibility for what happened by trying to squeeze through an opening that just wasn’t there and with his legs splayed apart like a newborn deer.

Reactions: HofT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad