Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
That's hard to do when Pare directs all his energy towards running away.
what do u mean? he was keeping his eyes on the play, Xhekaj could have challenged him and given him a second to respond but nope he jumped him from behind without dropping his gloves too. cowardly to say the least, I know Xhekaj fights alot and isnt actually a coward but that situation attacking him from behind was pretty cowardly.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It's really disappointing seeing Habs fans issue death threats, threatening family members and bringing up the passing of Rodion Amirov and wishing it happen to other Leafs players. As a society we need to be better. Unfortunately, I think generally, humanity has gone too far down the line to rebound.
Yeah the Amirov comments are obviously way out of line. Some in every group though I suppose. Just bat shit crazy.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I recall an accidental play taking out a future HOF in the playoffs. Call it even?
Foligno actually squared up with him, I'm sorry but it's not really the same. I don't think there's anything to call even either, both are unfortunate accidents.
Xhekaj should have squared up with him him. he gave him less than a second to respond before he jumped him.

• Wow
Reactions: jellybeans

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I see a player trying to skate through a stationary player. Yeah, he stuck his knee out but he didn't move and Laine with those long lanky legs it spelled disaster. Just a very bad spot to be in. I don't blame either player, just a bad result.

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It's not remotely the same and you know it. If you actually think it's the same situation we have nothing further to discuss.

One was a hockey play (making a hit) and the other was a push a few feet from the boards.

One was against a prospect and the other was against a cap dump.

Why are these not even remotely the same?

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
It's really disappointing seeing Habs fans issue death threats, threatening family members and bringing up the passing of Rodion Amirov and wishing it happen to other Leafs players. As a society we need to be better. Unfortunately, I think generally, humanity has gone too far down the line to rebound.
I didn't see any Amirov comments but I dunno why I'm not surprised. some fans take things wayyy too serious.
these comments happen on HF and been removed already or this on like FB or something

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Lol at the Laine haters blaming him for getting hit in the knee. I get that it’s not intentional but come on guys.
technically Laine hit Pare, Pare was standing still and Laine for some reason thought having his feet 5 feet apart and not moving his feet would be fine
all the people who blame Laine, what is wrong with you?
objective reality sucks sometimes
You have to think an NHLer (or at least a talented player) would lead with the body against Laine rushing in and not lead with the knee. This is 100% on Pare and no one else

look at Laine's feet, for some reason he went with a huge gap and didn't even try to move his feet. Pare was stationary

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I didn't see any Amirov comments but I dunno why I'm not surprised. some fans take things wayyy too serious.
these comments happen on HF and been removed already or this on like FB or something

Twitter is the worst I have seen, and Instagram as well. Check the Leafs official twitter account replies updating the score and results and stuff from yesterday and Pare's instagram comments

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Looking at it today, with a fresh perspective, IMO what the hell was Laine thinking? Pare was stationary and Laine didn't even try to move his leg. Its like a player skating into a goal post, blowing out their knee and blaming the post.

Reactions: Peasy

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
look at Laine's feet, for some reason he went with a huge gap and didn't even try to move his feet. Pare was stationary

I think this is a bit unfair and why you can’t really evaluate these plays based on a single still frame (bother for/against Pare’s position and Laine’s).

Laine is pushing off his left foot to juke him to the right. It’s not like he was coasting into the play doing the splits. The still frame doesn’t do him justice because his blade trapped his left foot on the ice on contact, while his body was moving right.

If contact happens a split second later Laine has likely picked up his left foot to move around him, and even if there is contact on the shins, his knee is free to bend normally and at worst he’s tripped by the momentum but otherwise unharmed.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Looking at it today, with a fresh perspective, IMO what the hell was Laine thinking? Pare was stationary and Laine didn't even try to move his leg. Its like a player skating into a goal post, blowing out their knee and blaming the post.

Probably "imma send this scrub to the shadow realm"

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
what do u mean? he was keeping his eyes on the play, Xhekaj could have challenged him and given him a second to respond but nope he jumped him from behind without dropping his gloves too. cowardly to say the least, I know Xhekaj fights alot and isnt actually a coward but that situation attacking him from behind was pretty cowardly.

No. Xhekaj couldnt assume he would engage and had to make sure he paid for it.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I think this is a bit unfair and why you can’t really evaluate these plays based on a single still frame (bother for/against Pare’s position and Laine’s).

Laine is pushing off his left foot to juke him to the right. It’s not like he was coasting into the play doing the splits. The still frame doesn’t do him justice because his blade trapped his left foot on the ice on contact, while his body was moving right.

If contact happens a split second later Laine has likely picked up his left foot to move around him, and even if there is contact on the shins, his knee is free to bend normally and at worst he’s tripped by the momentum but otherwise unharmed.
I agree to an extent, I think its horrible luck that a shin on shin contact blew out his knee, usually they would just bounce off of each other but that could have posed a whole new set of injuries. Say Laine's leg did bounce off and he got spun 180, his leg/skate coming up could have been deadly to the trailing Leafs player

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018

Honestly, it’s not even worth sparing a thought for those people. They’re losers and unfortunately they exist in every fan base around the league (and every league, sport, society, whatever, around the world). They obviously don’t represent the team or other fans, so IMO there’s no point in even letting them enter the conversation. Trolls are best ignored.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Lol okay

And Xhekaj is a loser for punching a guy repeatedly in the back of the head as a tough guy response. An incredibly dangerous thing to do.
If he doesn't want to get punched in the back of the head, he can, you know,... not end someone's season in a pre-season game with his knee.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
No. Xhekaj couldnt assume he would engage and had to make sure he paid for it.
by hitting him in the back of the head while he's down too? pretty stupid way to get "revenge" square up with him. if not right there after the play. get in his face and make sure he knows things are going down. Pare looked like he was just sticking to his game on the forecheck. Xhekaj gave him 1 second to drop the gloves before he went overboard.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
oh yeah forgot about twitter, not surprised. so many troll accounts on there too
They are all brutal now, too many bot farms. I am starting to think its just Russian and Chinese bot farms arguing American politics with each other lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad