Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jani

Oct 15, 2023
I think I saw some posts earlier stating that he has never had issues with his knees.

Sorry if someone posted these already, I didn't read all the messages on this thread.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
X is a goon. He won’t be running around when Montreal plays Toronto with Reaves on the ice. This is exactly why Toronto went out and got Ryan Reaves, Smart move.

The hit did not look like an intentional hit at all. Hopefully Laine is OK, as he is an elite goal scorer when he is playing his game.
Xhekaj already clowned Reaves last season. Reaves wanted nothing to do with him afterwards despite having several chances in the same game. Reaves is washed up

Just trying to slow Laine down, in traffic. You can see from the pic that Pare caught Laine with his upper shin and that Pare's whole knee in white is visible. Looks like Xhekaj will be getting suspended though. Expect 10-20 games.
I expect zero games. The in game penalties were sufficient

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Xhekaj already clowned Reaves last season. Reaves wanted nothing to do with him afterwards despite having several chances in the same game. Reaves is washed up

I expect zero games. The in game penalties were sufficient
That never happened. Xhekaj pushed over the net one game though. Then he didn't play in the next one vs the Leafs - Reaves Flu.

Reactions: LeafsNet

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
So what do you want? No Leafs fan gives the slightest f*** about Pare, never heard of him.

this X guy, is apparently pronounced Jackeye,

Ban Pare for life? Ok. Or what? how many games should this ECHL player get?

I'm more concerned for Laine.
Make Pare suit up for the NHL Leafs for as many games as Laine misses would be fair I think

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
That never happened. Xhekaj pushed over the net one game though. Then he didn't play in the next one vs the Leafs - Reaves Flu.
There was lots of time on thst same game. Reaves had his tail between his legs the entire time

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No doubt player safety will review both the original hit and Xhekaj

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Any chance you have video examples of these types of alleged plays made by Steve Moore? I'm a long time Avs fan who watched every game that season and barely remember him doing much of anything, let alone being that kind of guy. Honestly, it almost sounds like you're confusing Moore, who wore #36 for the Avs, with Matthew Barnaby, who wore #38 for the Avs for 13 games that year.
Pretty sure he'd been going after Naslund several times in the games leading up to the incident

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
No doubt player safety will review both the original hit and Xhekaj
Xhekaj got 27 minutes worth of penalties. There won't be any subsequent punishment. Pare's punishment is yet to be determined

I didn't think he would by that same measure Reaves has zero fear of Xhekaj.
Maybe you wouldn't, but your fellows Leafs fan suggested Xhekaj wouldn't be so brave with Reaves there.. That's clearly not the case. Reaves is about as big a deterrent at this pointvas Brazhear was when he was with Montreal. Which is to say, not very

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Wasn’t a dirty hit at all.

Laine was skating full speed towards a player and he couldn’t skate around him.

I don’t know what Laine was doing.

Did he think he just skate through people?

Laine put himself in a horrible situation and got himself injured.

Xhekaj Should get fined and suspended for multiple games.

The guy wasn't even moving Laine skated right into him

Seriously

I feel bad for Laine but this odds 100% his fault

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Xhekaj got 27 minutes worth of penalties. There won't be any subsequent punishment. Pare's punishment is yet to be determined

Maybe you wouldn't, but your fellows Leafs fan suggested Xhekaj wouldn't be so brave with Reaves there.. That's clearly not the case. Reaves is about as big a deterrent at this pointvas Brazhear was when he was with Montreal. Which is to say, not very
Xhekaj is a tough customer.

Craig Button

Jul 28, 2015
Not much choice, he was being boxed in by two Leaf players.

While I don't think it was an intentional knee, it was a poor move (and not just because of the outcome). Dude really wasn't using his brain well on that play at all. A pro player should know better and have better positioning.

Seriously Laine should not put himself in dangerous situations by skating full speed ahead towards a player and putting the puck between his legs and try to skate through him.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Liter of whiskey later I still can't accept this. I don't blame anyone, it was an unfortunate situation.

It's just so unfair. Hockey in general loses when Laine isn't playing

Reactions: Devonator

Craig Button

Jul 28, 2015
At some point when a guy is constantly injured, it's just not about bad luck anymore. This injury doesn't sadly surprise me at all. What the heck do you expect when you try to go over the blueline through two AHL guys with your legs way spread out wide like that??

It’s like those crazy videos of bad drivers who drive straight into pillars

I first saw the photo of the injury and thought it looked dirty as hell.
Then I saw the video and thought what the hell was Laine thinking?

Craig Button

Jul 28, 2015
hockey would be a fun sport if you never move and just stick your knee out whenever someone's trying to get by you

Maybe Laine shouldn’t skate full speed towards a player and not make any effort to skate around a player.

It’s like he went full McDavid but forgot you also need to skate around a player

Somehow I think if that was Marner not Laine and the scrub was on Montreal you wouldn't be quite as forgiving.
ha!
Bullshit start to a game , turned it to Flyers Bruins.
I see the loafs scored on the 7 minute powerplay they got for dressing a wimp scrub.

Marner knows how to avoid getting hit and has far greater skating ability than Laine.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Then I saw the video and thought what the hell was Laine thinking?

He was likely thinking that he's gonna drive the puck in and follow it and then BAM a knee that had full body weight on it collided with his.

I don't think there was any intent. It's just incredibly unfortunate. It's hockey. As hard it is right now as a huge Laine fan, blame game is for losers.

Reactions: Devonator

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
It wasn't intent to injure, it was just an AHL scrub who got caught flat footed by a better player and instinctually stuck his leg out hoping for a little bit of contact. Pare is still trying to compete for his career and didn't want to get beat clean, Laine wasn't expecting that in pre-season

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Really unfortunate outcome and I feel for Laine. Don't think this was intended or anything. Laine has a really weird skating base that is super wide with long extensions. He tried to cut through 2 people and when he made the cut the defender adjusted their body and with laine's knee still dragging behind it got clipped.

Jackeye should and will be 100% suspended. I get you want to stand up for your teammates but you can't just willingly assault a guy.

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
Montreal fans flooding Cedric Pare’s IG with all sorts of abuses. Not sure what the need for the N word is. But, it’s Montreal…..what else is new.

They haven’t even let his mother off the hook. Jesus Christ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad