Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I've gone back and forth on whether I think this was dirty or not, and I still haven't really settled on a conclusion. On one hand, Pare isn't moving, but on the other, he clearly changes the angle of his knee/leg just before impact. At the very best, it's a reckless and idiotic play by a guy who is objectively a scrub. Things like this always make me sad, because nobody goes to these games to see a guy like Pare. They go for the skill players like Laine. It's obviously not a perfect comparison, but it sort of reminds me of when Steckel took out Crosby in that sense. I hope Laine makes a quick recovery and is back soon.
It doesn't matter.

It's a pre-season game, Laine's knee is f***ed, Leafs fans don't even know who this Pare guy is.

Try to bend your knee area like what happens to Laine there. You can't, it's not normal.

I really hope somehow he can make a comeback in record time, but it looks bad.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Pare lunges with his knee, anyone can’t see that needs glasses. Xhekaj gives him a chance to do the right thing and when he doesn’t rag dolls him a bit, if he wanted to really hurt him he would dropped the gloves and pummeled him like the scrub deserved
So what do you want? No Leafs fan gives the slightest f*** about Pare, never heard of him.

this X guy, is apparently pronounced Jackeye,

Ban Pare for life? Ok. Or what? how many games should this ECHL player get?

I'm more concerned for Laine.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Sucks so f***ing bad. Was really excited to see Laine, he seemed to be in such good spirits and fine physically. Ready to score again.

And now he might be out for the season.

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

catnip

Jan 5, 2015
Such a shame that it was just some no-name scrub. Would've been an entirely different scenario if he was kneed by a future hall-of-famer.

• Wow
Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Very unlikely that he intended to injure here in a preseason game, IMO.

However, it was a bad and dumb play on his part, and he should have been penalized.

Reactions: Leaf Fans

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
These instances always make it obvious who has never played a sport. When you’re defending and the forward is going past you, it’s a natural reaction to try to get a piece of him to prevent that. He obviously didn’t intend to go knee on knee. Not dirty at all but dumb fans are gonna dumb fan.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Quebecers aren't French. That's two different nationalities. But I wouldn't expect someone who makes a joke that stupid to know that.
He's so dumb he probably thinks an english canadian is the same as a Brit

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Such a shame that it was just some no-name scrub. Would've been an entirely different scenario if he was kneed by a future hall-of-famer.
He is making his name famous now. This is why more expensive players shouldn't play this type of exhibition games where beer league players want to get noticed.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Not sure many people are defending Pare, I think Laine is partially to blame, but think it is more of a hockey play gone wrong.

Borderline NHLer jumping an AHLer also isn't a huge deal, I just think it was the dirtier of the two plays and should likely be a suspension.

Xhekaj is one of the most overrated tough guys...
If you say so. I doubt Xhekaj gets a suspension. You better believe his teamay4s love what he did. All Pare had to do was sack up and face the music for a questionable play. But he had to be a coward and refuse to step up

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
"I want fighting taken out of the game!"
"Why didn't he fight?"
That's the code. You throw a bad hit (intentional or not), you answer the bell for it. Especially on a star player. Especially when you are an AHL scrub.

It's honestly baffling that Pare refused to fight for this play. It honestly shows a huge lack of respect for the game. Look at how Perry handled the Tavares incident a few years ago compared to how Pare handled this.

Frankly he's a disgusting player with no respect for the game. He has no business being anywhere near an NHL game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad