Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Metal God

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
Somehow I think if that was Marner not Laine and the scrub was on Montreal you wouldn't be quite as forgiving.
ha!
Bullshit start to a game , turned it to Flyers Bruins.
I see the loafs scored on the 7 minute powerplay they got for dressing a wimp scrub.
The Comedians had their A line-up. Leafs didn't.

That said. Hopefully Laine isn't terribly injured and has a speedy recovery. Hate to see that for any player.

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Xhekaj was holding back on those gloved punches, which is probably the smart thing to do because punching someone full force in the back of the head is not going to go well.

I don't think it was intentional, but Pare lost all chances to come back from this with his reputation unscathed if he was willing to answer the bell for it afterwards. It's a massive punk move to refuse to fight after taking out the other team's star player with a bad hit, absolutely gutless coward move, and any chance he had of an NHL career is over now because of that.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Of course it's unintentional. I don't believe NHL players want to bust another player's knee in the preseason. Fast sport, shit happens.

Reactions: antman12

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
This sucks for Habs fans. Stupid brain dead play to stick the leg out when he knew he was beat.

But the cyber bullying by Habs fans on this dudes Instagram is half the reason the rest of country would be fine if they did separate. Fkn relax.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Intentional knee on knee. Would be an easy 20 game suspension but #56 is probably never gonna even play 20 games in his NHL career.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Pares Instagram is getting lit up and it’s not a good look
There are many trash Habs fans. Trash Leaf fans too as people may Remember Reimer's Instagram. The behavior has already been condemned on the Habs board.

Intentional knee on knee. Would be an easy 20 game suspension but #56 is probably never gonna even play 20 games in his NHL career.
Yup, thankfully it wasn't intentional.

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
Real classy Habs fans. One guy threatened to shoot him and another is calling his Mother a dyke on Instagram.

NGL that made me laugh.

“Class” gets so overused on here. If people want class, go watch the opera.

And knowing the type of guy Pare is, he’s probably having a big laugh reading the comments and sharing it with his friends.

The only thing that concerns me is opening night now, because Montreal is definitely going to goon it up.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Just because something isn't a penalty doesn't mean it's not a chickenshit play

Any chance you have video examples of these types of alleged plays made by Steve Moore? I'm a long time Avs fan who watched every game that season and barely remember him doing much of anything, let alone being that kind of guy. Honestly, it almost sounds like you're confusing Moore, who wore #36 for the Avs, with Matthew Barnaby, who wore #38 for the Avs for 13 games that year.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
NGL that made me laugh.

“Class” gets so overused on here. If people want class, go watch the opera.

And knowing the type of guy Pare is, he’s probably having a big laugh reading the comments and sharing it with his friends.

The only thing that concerns me is opening night now, because Montreal is definitely going to goon it up.
this whole line is so f***ing stupid

I've seen braindead canadiens-fans saying that they want matthews and marner headshots, shin chops, hip checks with no puck around, "bloodlines ended" (WTF does this even mean), crushed into the boards completly

What do those guys have to do with the play? "Sending a message" is a complete bullshit answer, wanna line them up for clean hits? Go for it, if you can land them than that's good on the player, but wtf is wishing injuries on other star players

MTL just saw one of their guys, who they had high hopes for, get injured in a dangerous and bad play, so their response is..... to see their team commit an even stupider and more dangerous play on a superstar player... it's not all fans, but the few making the comments are repeatedly making them so it makes it look like a lot of them

also wdym class overused? Take that tavares incident since people have brought it up, Perry to his credit showed complete class by taking the fight, even though it was an accident, he knew accident or not a star player on the other team got hurt because of him and he needed to answer the bell. Moreover, leafs fans weren't out here saying "Take suzuki tf out" or "Lets pull a kreider on price". A awful play doesn't get negated by making another awful play that's even worse.

Pare acted like a p***y and refused to drop the gloves with WiFi and while I don't agree with how he did it, I fully support him wanting revenge for his teammate, but this shit should end here in terms of actively seeking retribution. They had their 2-3 fights and got to pummel the weasel pare.

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad