Proposal: Patrick Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Here are my thoughts. Calgary looks like it’s now or never and Chicago could use a quick rebuild. My proposal is:

Patrick Kane 30%retained
Jake McCabe

for

Sean Monahan
Noah Hanfin
Mathew Phillips
2022 1st Pick

Thoughts?
I think Calgary would need to have some blackmailing photos for Chicago to make that deal. Where does Monahan fit with Dach and Toews? If the role is 3C that's an overpaid useless player coming back when Kane is involved. Phillips is small. Maybe he finds success anyway but I don't see it working for the Hawks. Hanifin and the 1st just isn't nearly enough when retaining on Kane.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
If it's "now or never", Calgary shouldn't be giving up their top pairing LD in the trade...

It's also unlikely that Kane would waive his NMC for Calgary

But, if the Flames insist on going all in, and Kane is willing to be part of that...

To Calgary: Kane, Strome (50% retained), TOR's 2022 3rd, L.V.'s 2022 3rd

To Chicago: Monahan, Lucic for cap purposes, and 3 of Coronato, Zary, Pelletier, 2022 1st

Feel free to take out one or both 3rd rd picks, that was my attempt to balance the value, but you may see things differently...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad