Prospect Info: Patrick Geary: LD, Michigan State (NCAA) -172OA, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
EP stuff -

Patrick Geary made the transition to college hockey look easy, playing a shutdown role in Michigan State’s top-four almost right
from the word go.

He didn’t just survive those minutes either; Geary thrived. The Spartans left firmly in the black by goal and shot differentials at
evens, and he managed to sustain last year’s offensive output in 28 fewer games and at a higher level of play. Not too shabby.
The defining dimension of Geary’s game remains on the defensive side of the puck. Start in the neutral zone. The Hamburg, New
York-born defenceman closes on opponents early, sets up a tight gap, surfs inside-out, takes away the centre lane with his stick,
and then closes on the puck carrier with force.

He’s not quite as stout in the defensive zone, but more than sufficient at this level. Geary scans dutifully off the puck, makes the
right read more often than not, and when you need someone to step up and get a stop on the cycle, he’s your guy.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not like Nightingale isn't an ex-employee whose brother is also part of the scouting staff. So they likely know plenty about the guy, even without Strbak being there.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Also, they can let him continue to cook at MSU which is a rising program. I've felt for years that having more participation in the area is a way to get people who will skate through a wall for the team is a way. The Bruins use it - local kids who will play a few seasons of hard hockey in their AHL roster and sometimes up into their NHL roster. It's not like a lot of Buffalo-area raised kids wouldn't skate through a wall to get a shot in the organization.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Also, they can let him continue to cook at MSU which is a rising program. I've felt for years that having more participation in the area is a way to get people who will skate through a wall for the team is a way. The Bruins use it - local kids who will play a few seasons of hard hockey in their AHL roster and sometimes up into their NHL roster. It's not like a lot of Buffalo-area raised kids wouldn't skate through a wall to get a shot in the organization.
Kaleta was a perfect example of this. Too bad he couldn't grasp where the line was and keep himself on the right side of the line, but I have no doubt he gave just a little extra because it was HIS team he was playing for.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Holy shit! I worked for years with his dad on the BFD and he (the dad) is currently upstairs doing remodeling work. Pat helped him last week with gutting the bathroom.

I couldn’t believe it when I heard his name called. I’m so happy for him and his dad!

This is an all-time HF Boards story. :)

Ad

Ad

Ad