Confirmed with Link: Pat Maroon to NJ for 2019 3rd and J. D. Dudek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
yeah, but I like when he said his Mom's from NJ so its good to go back there
and he's excited to go to NJ and go on a nice playoff run
I'm sure he's got mixed feelings about getting traded in general
So you're saying he has a hot Mom?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Here at about 1:45 in --> BLOG: Maroon reflects on time with Oilers

"On July 1 I want to circle back here and see if I can be an Edmonton Oiler again".

Not a way to endear oneself to the fanbase.

That's a dumb thing to say. Take the fans out of it. His teammates are gonna think "This guy doesn't really have an interest in helping THIS team. He just wants to ride it out until he can go back to Edmonton." Stupid thing to say. Now I like the trade even less, and I pretty much hated it to begin with.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Is Clowe a good comparison for Maroon? I can’t say I’ve seen much of him

When Clowe was in his prime he was an all around better than prime Patrick Maroon. Definitely a better distributor of the puck and skater (forget Devils era Clowe)

A good comparison to Maroon would be Ethan Moreau, Dustin Penner

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Seriously though I love this trade.

I like the Maroon deal for a lot of reasons. First we gave up absolutely nothing.

2nd Maroon has a knack for the net I like players who seemingly often find ways to get the puck in the net at all cost. Some people call them garbagemen or garbage collectors... I hate those terms because they are dismissive of what I believe is real skill. That stuff ain't easy and guys that can do it regularly are valuable.

3rd I like players with some snarl...this team is soft...the thing I notice about team toughness is doesn't take many players to change the complexion. 2 or 3 ornery players is all you need. That stuff spreads and makes everyone else stand s little taller. Wood, Maroon, a little Boyle makes guys like Palmieri, Coleman a little tougher.

4th and kind of related to #1 when you can get a regular player that brings an element you absolutely need for next to nothing... that's a fantastic deal

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
When Clowe was in his prime he was an all around better than prime Patrick Maroon. Definitely a better distributor of the puck and skater (forget Devils era Clowe)

A good comparison to Maroon would be Ethan Moreau, Dustin Penner

speaking of clowe.....he comes off the books this offseason!!!!!

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If you'd like you can waive goodbye to the Rags as their window of opportunity to win a Cup slams shut

I perfectly predicted this years ago.

((((pats self on back))))

That's what happens when you not only mortgage your future to win now, but take out a second mortgage on top of it.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.

I like the Maroon deal for a lot of reasons. First we gave up absolutely nothing.

2nd Maroon has a knack for the net I like players who seemingly often find ways to get the puck in the net at all cost. Some people call them garbagemen or garbage collectors... I hate those terms because they are dismissive of what I believe is real skill. That stuff ain't easy and guys that can do it regularly are valuable.

3rd I like players with some snarl...this team is soft...the thing I notice about team toughness is doesn't take many players to change the complexion. 2 or 3 ornery players is all you need. That stuff spreads and makes everyone else stand s little taller. Wood, Maroon, a little Boyle makes guys like Palmieri, Coleman a little tougher.

4th and kind of related to #1 when you can get a regular player that brings an element you absolutely need for next to nothing... that's a fantastic deal
5th he has a hot Mom from nearby !

Reactions: Aethon

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017

That's what happens when you not only mortgage your future to win now, but take out a second mortgage on top of it.

Definitely yes. They really really went for it. A few times I was worried the stars were aligning and they'd do it.

The thing about these Rags teams was they always had a fatal flaw. When Lundqvist was incredible they couldn't finish. When they put together a blazing fast team with a high level of skill, Lundqvist had a bunch of playoff clunkers. It never quite worked out for them. Also they weren't too good in playoff OT and sometimes that's just luck.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maroon is one of those physical players that isn't a liability and does more than just play physical.

If we wanted a physical player or someone with size, he's a good one to have.

Reactions: devilsblood

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
That's a dumb thing to say. Take the fans out of it. His teammates are gonna think "This guy doesn't really have an interest in helping THIS team. He just wants to ride it out until he can go back to Edmonton." Stupid thing to say. Now I like the trade even less, and I pretty much hated it to begin with.
I think you’re just reading too much into it. I very much doubt his new teammates have a problem with his comments given the context that he was literally just traded. I think they know more than any of us the life long bonds that are made in the locker room and understand the attachment he has to his old team. Plus he’s had nothing but good things to say about the Devils.

This might cheer you up. Look what our other acquisition had to say about the situation:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Hate to give it to them, but they stocked up quick on draft picks. Started at last years draft really.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think you’re just reading too much into it. I very much doubt his new teammates have a problem with his comments given the context that he was literally just traded. I think they know more than any of us the life long bonds that are made in the locker room and understand the attachment he has to his old team. Plus he’s had nothing but good things to say about the Devils.

This might cheer you up. Look what our other acquisition had to say about the situation:

Did you see the garbage question he was answering? Trash fan base.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
All I know is that if we somehow win a Stanley Cup this year after just being off the NHL radar since 2012, after the Rags were the overhyped darling that everybody wanted to be traded to and that every pundit was predicting to win the Cup EVERY YEAR for quite some time, Rangers fans will go into witness protection. They will be shell shocked. Gobsmacked. Paralyzed.

Not that it's likely to happen but if it somehow all comes together. WOW

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He is also American. So he wont have a problem.
I thought it had something to do (when it does happen) with players working in Canada, regardless of what country they're from? That said, in some of the more memorable cases that I can recall it happening in, the players were actually not American.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

I saw that and was very happy about :)

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Maroon is one of those physical players that isn't a liability and does more than just play physical.

If we wanted a physical player or someone with size, he's a good one to have.

he's listed around 227lbs....thats big, and like you said, he's not a liability, I think this team needed a guy like this for a while and he'll definitely come in handy during the playoffs.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Your 4th point looks like the conclusion of premises 1-3.

And I agree, we gave up nothing, and he brings elements that we could use/do need. Even if he is merely an insurance depth player, for a 3rd rnd pick why not add insurance depth..

Wolf Stansson 30

Former Gunnar Stahl 30
Jan 4, 2018
How?

Evander Kane has scored 48 goals since 2016'17, Rick Nash has 41, Maroon has 41, and Tatar has 41. One of those guys was had for basically nothing and the rest cost a lot.
Oh gotcha, I for some reason thought it was showing the goal scoring leaders since 16-17.

As far as Maroon..I like the toughness he'll bring. When we get pushed around by the more physical teams in the league, we can't rely on Zajac to jump in and fight everyone. Good trade. Hopefully this doesn't mean that Mojo is done for the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad