Confirmed with Link: Pat Maroon to NJ for 2019 3rd and J. D. Dudek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Actually I don't think Maroon was assigned a number. In the post Lou years they're allowed to choose numbers now.

Grabner got his #40 I'm sure some negotiations went on with Coleman

-edit-
Ooooh... I get what you mean now... ok, sorry.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
serveimage
I'm all for a Looney Tunes GDT

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don't think this deal necessarily makes us better. But it does provide insurance if Gibbons does not get back, or if another injury occurs.

And cost us relatively little.

I think all the draft picks in recent years made this years picks rather expendable.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
No issues with this one whatsoever. Maroon should be a solid depth player for us.

Forward group is looking strong with a healthy Gibbons and (fingers crossed) Johansson.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don't think there is any expectations beyond the playoffs honestly, but after adding Grabner/Maroon, there isn't much separating us from the other teams in the Metro.

At this point, I'd say either Pittsburgh or whoever gets hot in April will make it out of the Metro.

Lovejoy separates NJ from other teams in the Metro.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
There is a video at TSN with the headline "Maroon disappointed to leave Edmonton" but it doesnt play in my "region" maybe it will play where you are
Trade Tracker

Just watched it. It's the interview Gross, Amanda, etc. were quoting how he was excited when he heard NJ and how he knows players here.

Here at about 1:45 in --> BLOG: Maroon reflects on time with Oilers

"On July 1 I want to circle back here and see if I can be an Edmonton Oiler again".

Not a way to endear oneself to the fanbase.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Here at about 1:45 in --> BLOG: Maroon reflects on time with Oilers

"On July 1 I want to circle back here and see if I can be an Edmonton Oiler again".

Not a way to endear oneself to the fanbase.
yeah, but I like when he said his Mom's from NJ so its good to go back there
and he's excited to go to NJ and go on a nice playoff run
I'm sure he's got mixed feelings about getting traded in general

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad