Pastrnak - hip issues, surgery?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
So the World Championship has finished (Gold Medal GWG by Pasta!) and in the interview after, he said:

Did you arrive at the World Championship healthy?
No, I have a hip issue. We'll see how it goes. Before the championship, I was told that I would definitely have to go for surgery. But what Professor Kolář has done me here... I owe him a big thank you, as I haven't felt this good in eight months. I don't know what he has in his magic hands, but I really haven't felt this good in a long time.

Is the surgery still required?
We'll see. Professor Kolář says no, so I'll trust him.

For context, Professor Kolář is the best physio in the country, possibly Europe.

Source:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
2022/2023 two of the 3 best players on the team started the season on the shelf and they did historic things.

As long as they make the playoffs and he’s fully healthy in time, I’m not worried.

Maybe a blessing in disguise if he plays a shortened season.

Caveat…of course, they need to make the playoffs.

Last edited:

Mamrd

Nov 7, 2022
In mah yahd
Wonder if that’s more of a knock on the Garden ice than it is a statement about feeling healthy?
I would not be surprised if the Garden shitty ice was at least partially to blame, but he mentioned that in the context of Prof. Kolar's treatment.

Also, I am quite surprised that the Bruins let him play at the Worlds with a pending hip surgery.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
2022/2023 two of the 3 best players on the team started the season on the shelf and they did historic things.

As long as they make the playoffs and he’s fully healthy in time, I’m not worried.

Maybe a blessing in disguise if he plays a shortened season.

Caveat…of course, they need to make the playoffs.
Should have a little better surrounding cast as well if he has take some time off.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I would not be surprised if the Garden shitty ice was at least partially to blame, but he mentioned that in the context of Prof. Kolar's treatment.

Also, I am quite surprised that the Bruins let him play at the Worlds with a pending hip surgery.

Agreed.

Unless a few docs guaranteed that it would be very, very minor surgery, why risk it?

Reactions: Gordoff

dryz

Feb 10, 2011
Czechia
Agreed.

Unless a few docs guaranteed that it would be very, very minor surgery, why risk it?
Well the vibe in the Czech media was that Boston wasn't exactly happy but would they tell their biggest star that he cannot go play at home championship? I know it's business first and foremost but still. It clearly meant a lot to him.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I feel the same way but on the flipside i can picture leaving all depressed after hearing I supposedly have the back of a 200 year old, lol.
same dude same

Well the vibe in the Czech media was that Boston wasn't exactly happy but would they tell their biggest star that he cannot go play at home championship? I know it's business first and foremost but still. It clearly meant a lot to him.
I’m glad they let him go, nice for him to win something and be a key contributor. Hopefully he brings that fire to next season.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Agreed.

Because playing for his country means everything to him. It's bad enough this generation keeps missing out on the Olympics, deny him this too and you're going to have an extremely displeased Pasta on your hands. Bruins need to keep their star happy, so you take the risks. Which really were pretty low anyway - reality is it was only a few extra games at a time when he could easily otherwise still have been playing in America, and if the worst did happen, well at least it's at the very start of the offseason.

unkempt

Oct 19, 2006
Because playing for his country means everything to him. It's bad enough this generation keeps missing out on the Olympics, deny him this too and you're going to have an extremely displeased Pasta on your hands. Bruins need to keep their star happy, so you take the risks. Which really were pretty low anyway - reality is it was only a few extra games at a time when he could easily otherwise still have been playing in America, and if the worst did happen, well at least it's at the very start of the offseason.
Also, now that he has he gold, he can feel that he has done right by his home country and focus solely on the other side of the Atlantic ;-)

Reactions: bruins19

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

He's also been vocally miffed about Czechia not being part of that 4 Nations Cup next year. Can't say I blame him.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
He's also been vocally miffed about Czechia not being part of that 4 Nations Cup next year. Can't say I blame him.
Not sure why they wouldn't combine Sweden and Finland and then Czech and Slovakia.

There is one hockey power they were obviously looking to leave out along with keeping the tournament short.

I thought it was official we'd be hosting the games with Toronto hence him being pissed about it but I guess it hasn't been announced.

TD Garden is set to host a record number of concerts this year so that is where JJ's priority is not fixing the ice.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not sure why they wouldn't combine Sweden and Finland and then Czech and Slovakia.

There is one hockey power they were obviously looking to leave out along with keeping the tournament short.

I thought it was official we'd be hosting the games with Toronto hence him being pissed about it but I guess it hasn't been announced.

TD Garden is set to host a record number of concerts this year so that is where JJ's priority is not fixing the ice.

That would not go over well with Swedish or Finnish players. Long-standing historic rivalry in international hockey. Arguably the most fierce hockey rivalry between two countries.

This tournament is a total cash grab by the NHL and NHLPA. They should just leave international hockey to the IIHF but they see a pile of money to be made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad