Pascal Vincent: Stay or Go?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will the Jackets fire Pascal Vincent?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Whatever the #cbj decide .. you lock this young man up to a deal that keeps him with the #cbj. Getting that team to the brink of the finals , watching the structure his team plays with , and the absolute shirt off their back effort by the players ….
It would prove rash I'm sure, and I'm still a bit of a Pascal fan, but I'd hire this guy to coach the CBJ right off this interview, despite the fact that it's not the kind of interview you usually see in the job-search process.

Reactions: Ice9

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
It would prove rash I'm sure, and I'm still a bit of a Pascal fan, but I'd hire this guy to coach the CBJ right off this interview, despite the fact that it's not the kind of interview you usually see in the job-search process.
Sharks just hired Warfosky.. if I’m Waddell, I’m signing Vogelhuber to 5 year deal, laying out vision to the fans of a roadmap . He’s special , you can see that when he speaks , how structured his team played.. multiple times they continued to answer late . Team had pretty pedestrian forwards and he took them to the brink of the finals . He’s been in Cleveland now 4 years

Reactions: We Want Ten

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Throw him in while EVERYONE is young, struggle, learn and grow as a unit then become a serious contender as a TEAM.
I dont think its rash at all. Building a good team to then insert a rookie coach isn't a great course IMO.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Vogelhuber is another reason why running it back with Pascal makes so much more sense

Allow Vogelhuber time to continue to grow as a coach, and if Vincent isn’t the guy you just run the clock out on the contract. Open up the job next year and let vogelhuber interview for it.

If Vincent is the guy, then you let Vogelhuber stay in Cleveland until someone comes knocking. Win/win

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Vogelhuber is another reason why running it back with Pascal makes so much more sense

Allow Vogelhuber time to continue to grow as a coach, and if Vincent isn’t the guy you just run the clock out on the contract. Open up the job next year and let vogelhuber interview for it.

If Vincent is the guy, then you let Vogelhuber stay in Cleveland until someone comes knocking. Win/win
That’s the ideal but what if you hesitate when someone comes knocking?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Let's cool the jets a bit on Vogelhuber. He just finished his 2nd season as head coach, 3rd if you count the training season before he was hired as head coach. Yes he has done well, but he hardly has an NHL resume yet. For a fan base that consistantly rips the FO for rushing players, let's hurry up and rush a coach? He has been a coach as long as McCarthy as they were brought in together under Madden. If you don't want to lose him, spell out the intentions and deny requests to interview.

Plus, if he faces adversity early on, I can see the pitchforks coming out, and the chants to fire him will start up quickly.

When he builds a resume like Todd Nelson's, then yeah, hire him. Right now, he needs a little more experience.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Let's cool the jets a bit on Vogelhuber. He just finished his 2nd season as head coach, 3rd if you count the training season before he was hired as head coach. Yes he has done well, but he hardly has an NHL resume yet. For a fan base that consistantly rips the FO for rushing players, let's hurry up and rush a coach? He has been a coach as long as McCarthy as they were brought in together under Madden. If you don't want to lose him, spell out the intentions and deny requests to interview.

Plus, if he faces adversity early on, I can see the pitchforks coming out, and the chants to fire him will start up quickly.

When he builds a resume like Todd Nelson's, then yeah, hire him. Right now, he needs a little more experience.
Look I said it would be rash.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

It's is definitely different coaching guys who are fighting for their careers to make it to the show versus established guy who've already made the show. he oviously cares a lot and the players this year really worked for him but let's not forget Brad Larsen was an emotional, kumbaya type coach and we see how that worked out.

It's definitely going to be interesting to see how he progresses and if he is the next Jared Bednar or not.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
It's is definitely different coaching guys who are fighting for their careers to make it to the show versus established guy who've already made the show. he oviously cares a lot and the players this year really worked for him but let's not forget Brad Larsen was an emotional, kumbaya type coach and we see how that worked out.

It's definitely going to be interesting to see how he progresses and if he is the next Jared Bednar or not.
We went to a press conference type thing after a game earlier in the year. The players there all said that they liked playing for Vogelhuber because he wasn't that far removed from his playing days, and that the game he played was similar to the game they play now and it was easy to be on the same page with him when it came to tactics.

I don't know if he is as passive as Larsen seemed, but I think he holds his guys accountable, and I don't think he balks when it comes to making tough decisions on playing time for guys.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
We went to a press conference type thing after a game earlier in the year. The players there all said that they liked playing for Vogelhuber because he wasn't that far removed from his playing days, and that the game he played was similar to the game they play now and it was easy to be on the same page with him when it came to tactics.

I don't know if he is as passive as Larsen seemed, but I think he holds his guys accountable, and I don't think he balks when it comes to making tough decisions on playing time for guys.
That certainly sounds like a good mix. Ultimately when it comes to him getting an NHL job, it's going to come down to how guys making millions respond to him. Much of that will be outside of his control and what roster he is given to work with as well.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
They'll never do it, but I'd hire Florida Everblades coach Brad Ralph as an assistant.

He's (hockey) sharp as a tack and has won 3 consecutive ECHL Kelly Cups. Plenty of NHL head coaches have ECHL backgrounds (Bednar/Warsofky-newly hired by Sharks)/Lalonde (Detroit)/Cassidy VGK/Laviolette) and numerous NHL assistant coaches cut their teeth in the ECHL. Jason Christie (a Chill player long ago )went straight from the ECHL to the NHL (Buffalo-probably fired recently when Donato was let go).

I've watched this guy's teams for many years and they are always well-coached and hard-working. I guarantee that he'd be a better PP coach then any on the current staff. His former assistant (Tad O'Had) led his team to the ECHL President's Cup equivalent this past season and lost in the Kelly Cup finals to his mentor Ralph. Brad Ralph can do it all.

Anyway, just musing. Won't happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jovavic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad