Confirmed with Link: Pascal Vincent out as Head Coach

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Sirius XM - they are already speculating on Girard G or Todd M. Don’t want Girard back.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'll figure out whether I should be excited after I see the replacement.

I had some issues with Vincent's player usage but I also appreciate how he raised the standard on competitiveness. Under Lars we had so many players loafing around the ice, just bad habits everywhere. I know the final record was still bad Vincent got them to look like a team again. There was a stretch in the third quarter of the season, before the injuries and the final swoon, that the team carried play for a couple dozen games. I like that Vincent wasn't afraid to bench anyone to raise the standard. I hope our next coach is no less tough.

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
They said a search would begin immediately but if you fire PV this late don’t you have to think Waddell already has someone in mind to take the job?
You don’t pull the trigger without playing hypothetical with a coaching candidate. So yes he has someone in mind.

Reactions: Doggy and Indy18

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Will be interesting to watch .. Waddell spent a lot a time around Cleveland past couple weeks .. Sharks just had their PC , Warsofsky is very similar to Vogelhuber , players love him …

Bobby Mac said Vogelhuber was basically a sponge and spent a lot of time with Bednar . Honestly I would prefer a Mccellan , Eaves , or even Hartley .. with Vogelhuber as an assistant , but it’s hard to speculate what Waddell has in mind

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
They said a search would begin immediately but if you fire PV this late don’t you have to think Waddell already has someone in mind to take the job?
I would think so too unless it was simply a result of conversations between PV and Waddell leaving the GM not feeling he aligned with his thinking.

I rarely like to see anyone fired but if the Jackets are serious about changing the dynamics, this was a needed change…. Asst coaches should follow.

One other aside…While Gallant was one of my two choices in the last search, I don’t feel he’s the right guy at this point.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
He got to know PV and everyone else in the org before starting to fire people. But I'm sure he also has some ideas who he might want to interview.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I'm glad to see Waddell is serious about making some changes. Don't p***yfoot around and start working towards a real legit vision instead of just talking about it.
This but + ownership being willing to spend the money to allow said changes to happen sooner rather than later

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Well, it's done. Now can we get some freaking stability behind the bench? You can't claim to push development if we're constantaly changing coaches. We'll get another gimpse of where we think Waddell thinks this team is based on the coaching hire.

And why wouldn't we just let go the assistants? That seems hollow to me. McCarthy and Recchi offer no value to this organization.

And lastly... I can't wait to watch the boards go up in flames when the new coaching staff gives Mataychuck 10 min a night and splits the Russian line while giving Boone 20 min a night. I've got my popcorn ready. Clearly they won't know how to deploy players or develop players either... It's coming...oh... it's coming. :D

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Terrible hire in the first place. Keep flushing out the old regime one by one. Hopefully this includes every assistant.

Need NHL proven and up-and-coming talent to fill in the organization. Not just former fighters who need a job.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
And why wouldn't we just let go the assistants? That seems hollow to me. McCarthy and Recchi offer no value to this organization.
Give it time, the new HC might want a few of his guys coming in and there are already talk about Todd Nelson coming into the organization as him and Waddell are old associated on top of golden boy himself, Vogelhuber, coming in as assistants

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Late? It’s mid June, technically the season isn’t even over until a team raises the Stanley Cup
It’s not late at all, every GM has people on his short list to hire as coach
He will get his man, give him time, it’s still three months before camp

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Yeah at this point this isn't the only hammer that's gonna drop...

Which of you said this was gonna be an anti-climatic summer? Oh at this point this is going to be a netflix style binge this summer
Nobody said that it was going to be. I just said that it could be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad