Partner Article: Devils Season in Review (Best Coast)

hollywood99

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Hello Devils fans!

We're a recently new blog and have been writing season in review articles for some of the teams around the NHL and next on our list was your NJ Devils. Please have a look:

http://bestcoasthockey.wordpress.com/2014/06/26/season-in-review-new-jersey-devils/

We know it's a bit late as the season was over a while ago in New Jersey, and we know you'll be our toughest critics as we tackle your team. But we're open to all comments good and bad, so any feed back is great.

And to all who read, thank you for giving us your time. We truly appreciate it.

Cheers,
BCH

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
good read. larsson was drafted 4th...and I don't think I'd want the FAs you mentioned. but def a good read.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Downie would add a certain feral instinct to this team that's sorely lacking. But for that very reason, I'm not sure he'd fit in Lou's hockey commune.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Very good read. I think you were spot on with a lot of your analysis. The one critique I have is that I also feel that those FA's aren't exactly what are going to help this team, but you never know. In comments from Lou, he makes it clear he's targeting an upgrade in scoring, but who knows if he'll be able to land anyone. I think Ryder or Brunner would be shipped out if he does find an upgrade.

hollywood99

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Very good read. I think you were spot on with a lot of your analysis. The one critique I have is that I also feel that those FA's aren't exactly what are going to help this team, but you never know. In comments from Lou, he makes it clear he's targeting an upgrade in scoring, but who knows if he'll be able to land anyone. I think Ryder or Brunner would be shipped out if he does find an upgrade.

Ya I think we were trying to say that in order to upgrade scoring it would come from trades and hopefully bounce back years from the guys who didn't live up to expectation. Ryder is so off and on that a 25 goal year next season wouldn't shock us.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm glad you touched upon the shootout, but I think you let the goaltenders off the hook way too easy.

Seeing the poor conversion percentage is definitely eye-popping but what isn't so apparent was how often the goaltenders put the shooters behind the eight-ball by not making the first save.

Lous Special Sauce

Aug 16, 2013
Good article and fair analysis of the team. You may want to mention that Reid was one of the only players to score in the shootout this year. And Brian Boyle,,, really? I don't see him as a potential target at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad