OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Funny enough we’re actually in control of our destiny for first place!

Realistically atleast this probably clinched us a playoff spot today.

Nice to see the resilience back in this squad
We've won the series against Calgary, which helps. It should keep getting better for QB Adams with more practice with the team. He had some rough patches tonight, but you could see the overall improvement. Our defense had a much better game, too.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Sorry to invade your board...completley random Q. At the end of the game tonight after the refs shot down Dickenson's challenge, a bunch of players were gathered around Adams Jr while he was seated on the bench. Beside him about a foot or so away was a Pennywise figure :laugh:. I'm dying to know the inside story behind that, if anyone knows and can share. I thought it was awesome as shit.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Sorry to invade your board...completley random Q. At the end of the game tonight after the refs shot down Dickenson's challenge, a bunch of players were gathered around Adams Jr while he was seated on the bench. Beside him about a foot or so away was a Pennywise figure :laugh:. I'm dying to know the inside story behind that, if anyone knows and can share. I thought it was awesome as shit.

I missed that, but I think this answers your question. I had no idea. :laugh:

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I missed that, but I think this answers your question. I had no idea. :laugh:

Thanks for posting the article...I had to do a double take when I seen Pennywise just hanging out and had to know the story lol.

Thanks again, nice win tonight for you guys. f*** anything Calgary.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I watched the game and I wish I'd seen what you did but I missed it. :laugh:
PXL_20220918_153705422~2.jpg

PXL_20220918_154042638~2.jpg

Holy shit, Pennywise moved and now he's staring into our souls :oops:.

:D

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Missed the game. Sounded like it was a rough, entertaining battle. Not too high scoring, so you know some defence was being played.

Next week it's a rematch in Vancouver and there's definitely some hype for a back to back after this 1st game. Most importantly, we have a competent QB that can win games for now.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lions don't need Vernon Adams Jr. to be 'lights out', or even as good as Nathan Rourke......all they need is a QB to run the offensive game plan and get the ball into the hands of the Lions big play receivers.

So it certainly looks like Adams arrived at just the most opportune time, even at the cost of a first round draft pick in the CFL Canadian draft.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Rick Campbell and Neil McEvoy have authored an impressive turnaround for this sad-sack Lions franchise. Now they just have to find a way to get the fans to return. But there's new ownership and new energy around this team.

Compare that to 'other tenants' of B.C. Place Stadium, the Whitecaps. Ugh!

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
Rick Campbell and Neil McEvoy have authored an impressive turnaround for this sad-sack Lions franchise. Now they just have to find a way to get the fans to return. But there's new ownership and new energy around this team.

Compare that to 'other tenants' of B.C. Place Stadium, the Whitecaps. Ugh!
I think the ship has sailed on the Lions honestly. I mean aside from the opener, the attendance has been rough, the interest in the league itself is almost non existent. When Saskatchewan can't sell out, the CFL has to be concerned.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Great game. Adams continues his up and down play with an up game. I wonder if he can do it two games in a row,
A win is a win.....but it was against the 3-11 RedBlacks after all.... but the evidence is mounting that the only real chance the Leos have of making a Grey Cup appearance is if somehow Rourke is healthy enough to get back for the playoffs.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Very happy for the win, especially in our own barn, but I don't consider Ottawa's defense a good test. Hopefully, we keep building on this until/if Rourke returns and have a playoff game at home.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I thought Vernon Adams would be more athletic like a Casey Printers, but he has limited size and speed. Basically the same ability as Nathan Rourke who has taken off with plenty of runs this year.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
the think you notice immediately about Adams is how many passes get batted down at the line of scrimmage. He's a smaller quarterback, but he throws but ball from a three-quarters angle, which makes his passes even more vulnerable to being tipped or batted down.

The Leos need to re-devise their offense to get him out of the pocket more, rolling left or right. That would give him more clear sight lines downfield. He's a stop-gap imo. Hopefully Rourke is available for the playoffs.

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
And the Ms first home playoff game in 20 years!

Bombers resting Collaros and others. With Calgary’s loss last night they’ve really wedged the door open for us to get some distance ahead of them since we hold the tiebreaker now.

Should be a fun game in the gun metal greys!

Reactions: Lindgren

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
And the Ms first home playoff game in 20 years!

Bombers resting Collaros and others. With Calgary’s loss last night they’ve really wedged the door open for us to get some distance ahead of them since we hold the tiebreaker now.

Should be a fun game in the gun metal greys!
I've yet to get into the MLB playoffs this year.

Which series do you recommend - the Jays didn't make it, right? Gotta be Mariners I think, who it would be even if the Jay were in. I may be a nationalist, but I'm not that much of a nationalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad