Post-Game Talk: Barkov dives to block a meaningless empty netter, gets injured in 3-1 loss

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Mackie is definitely going through some growing pains. It’s to be expected.

He looks to me like he is responsible enough for NHL minutes. I think the only question is does he need more time in the AHL to hone is offensive game, or does he need to just take his lumps.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I think this is the time to take the lumps.

Reactions: ShootIt

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
He looks to me like he is responsible enough for NHL minutes. I think the only question is does he need more time in the AHL to hone is offensive game, or does he need to just take his lumps.

I think we have a keeper

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Gus isn't carrying Ek nor vice versa

I honestly think he is masking some of Ekblad's deficiencies. Ekblad still has some really good qualities, but IMO the leg injuries have pretty much ruined his skating and playmaking ability. He's still tough and he's still smart, so they pair up well together.

I try to be even keel on Ekblad because I like the guy, but he honestly looks like a shell of himself to me most of the time.

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut

Sounds like put him on the pp. I mean isn't that where he should shine..

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I honestly think he is masking some of Ekblad's deficiencies. Ekblad still has some really good qualities, but IMO the leg injuries have pretty much ruined his skating and playmaking ability. He's still tough and he's still smart, so they pair up well together.

I try to be even keel on Ekblad because I like the guy, but he honestly looks like a shell of himself to me most of the time.

i would say they are complimentary instead.

and while ek has had some rough times playing through recoveries over the years, he is imo skating well right now.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
That would have been a beauty of a goal. Nice play by Tkachuk and Mikkola almost got that sharp angle shot!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad