Status
Not open for further replies.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Let's face it

We've scored 2 legit goals in 2 games.

That's not gonna cut it at all.

What's supposed to be our strength is not showing and that's 5 on 5 scoring and play

Just have not been good enough at all
Yup doesn't bode well for us. We might be in for a ride surprise unless they start shooting and passing

PatchesOhoulihan

Apr 18, 2024
The lack of offense tonight is concerning for sure.

Hopefully Bob can continue to play like this but they shut us down in the ozone

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Let's face it

What's supposed to be our strength is not showing and that's 5 on 5 scoring and play

The big boys have to step up. Scratching Cousins or Lomberg for Lorentz and Okie won't make Barkov, Reino, Chuck, etc. capitalize on their scoring chances. I'd say that the depth guys played their part well in this game.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Let's face it

how many have the rangers scored?

it's been a really tight series.

obviously, slightly better finishing would've been huge - our two best offensive players had point-blank shots. monty had the breakaway. outside of that rebound shot (simple pass-off-pads) that OEL blocked, I don't recall anything close to those chances for the rangers.

thought the 4th line did a decent job. they seemed to be out against the rangers 3rd line a lot. I didn't hate cousins game but I might get Lorentz back in to change things up and give him a shot.

otherwise, I'm ok with that game. Im' a tad worried about what an OT loss could do to the team's mojo and wouldn't be surprised to see an L Sunday. would expect a strong follow-up though.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Not sure what Panthers team you guys have been watching all season, but we ain't a high offense team. We're a defensively responsible hard forechecking team that grinds out wins. I don't expect us to be scoring a lot. Keep in mind we're also going through the goalie gauntlet with Vasi, Swayman, and now Shesterkin. Look at what the other teams have played against...nothing of the same caliber.

I think we've been playing exactly our game, our defense and puck management have been really good. We've been getting chances off their mistakes while minimizing ours. Keep playing like we have and we'll win this series. Both games the score was close, but we dictated play a lot.

Game 1, we were very clearly the better team despite the score and weird goals. Game 2, Rags came out better, but I'd say we were pretty even. OT looked bad mainly because of the faceoffs. Rags are a skilled team, give them the puck first and they'll always do something with it, so faceoffs are huge for them. I actually thought otherwise our OT was fine, just kept playing our game.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Rangers are playing a fantastic scheme against us

Basically making our offense never have any time to setup anything, breaking up lots of passes. So now we either immediately shoot or try some complicated thing that doesnt work out. We still had some crazy good chances that once again we couldn't finished and would be singing a different tune.

Our dump and chase was semi effective but we seemed to lose possession almost immediately and usually end up without a shot.

Also noticed on a lot of entries we were playing scared where only one or two people were fighting in the ozone with no support and then eventually lose out.

Overall i dont think weve really tested shesterkin too much, i also thought the rangers played terrible at times and this wasn't their best shot, they had a lot of self inflicted turnovers that saved our asses at least 7 times

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm not sure if you all have seen this yet, but the Panthers got jobbed! Goodrow high sticked the puck to knock it down at his own blue line! The play should have been blown dead, and therefor no Rangers OT goal should have happened!
Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 22-48-04 NHL Game 2 Highlights Panthers vs. Rangers - May 24 2024.png

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
A few thoughts I had...

First of all, it would have been very difficult to win both these road games in MSG. That's a tall task against this Ranger team.

We had two chances to put ourselves in the driver's seat - Lundell breakaway and Barkov/Reino on a 2 on 0. At least one of these have to be goals. Period. Chances are so hard to come by in a series like this and we need to bury ours when we get them.

I want Bennett/Tkachuk/Verhaeghe back. It's time.

Bob's performance was top notch once again. He gave us a chance to win with some huge saves.

Forsling's ability to read passes, especially on the PK, is unbelievable. I'm so glad we have him locked up for the foreseeable future.

It's a shame we lost, because we wasted a great performance from our PK and they can't keep it up like this forever.

I'll take a 1-1 series going back to Sunrise any day of the week. This series will come down to games 5 and 6, and we need them both. I think we'll go WIN and LOSS in the two home games, setting up an opportunity to take the series in 6 games. We do not under any circumstances want a game 7 at MSG.

Reactions: IdleTraveller

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
if I’m Rangers I’m worried it took 2 games + OT on home ice, to get one win on the Panthers.

They haven’t seen a desperate cats team yet. Rangers were desperate tonight. Going down 0-2 would have been a disaster.
I think home ice impact is overrated. I mean, look at our record at home vs on the road! Not too different, if anything we were complaining for a while how shit we were at home

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
btw.. Was it noticed that Forsling was highstick on the first goal and thats the only reason Trocheck was free? Bottom left

Yeah unfortunate for us that whole sequence. I think some were blaming Swaggy when it happened but he really intercepted the pass. Just sucks he lost it in his skates and was checked off the puck. But yeah, Gus got hi-sticked and that left Tro all alone.

Big bounce for them but in these highly even games, a team needs those bounces to win a lot of the time.

Reactions: teugen

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Both Rags goals came from plays that should have been whistled dead, one from a penalty (that’s not a shot follow thru), one from a high stick.

Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Not sure what Panthers team you guys have been watching all season, but we ain't a high offense team. We're a defensively responsible hard forechecking team that grinds out wins. I don't expect us to be scoring a lot. Keep in mind we're also going through the goalie gauntlet with Vasi, Swayman, and now Shesterkin. Look at what the other teams have played against...nothing of the same caliber.

I think we've been playing exactly our game, our defense and puck management have been really good. We've been getting chances off their mistakes while minimizing ours. Keep playing like we have and we'll win this series. Both games the score was close, but we dictated play a lot.

Game 1, we were very clearly the better team despite the score and weird goals. Game 2, Rags came out better, but I'd say we were pretty even. OT looked bad mainly because of the faceoffs. Rags are a skilled team, give them the puck first and they'll always do something with it, so faceoffs are huge for them. I actually thought otherwise our OT was fine, just kept playing our game.
THIS! So well said. We’ve played our game and allowed 1 regulation goal, that was scored after what looked like a missed cross check to Verhaeghe’s face. He never loses his shit and did right after the goal, he clearly was not happy. It’s the playoffs, though and calls will be missed.

Stick to our game, don’t get away from it, and I like our chances this series.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
btw.. Was it noticed that Forsling was highstick on the first goal and thats the only reason Trocheck was free? Bottom left

missed the first 10 minutes of the period so I missed that replay. obviously a big factor looking at the replay but unfortunately, it was clearly a follow-through on a pass so a non-call was the right call.

Reactions: violaswallet

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
missed the first 10 minutes of the period so I missed that replay. obviously a big factor looking at the replay but unfortunately, it was clearly a follow-through on a pass so a non-call was the right call.
It’s too bad, but Gus has to stay with his man. No matter how much that hurts.

The Rags got away with the same interference that Kuli was called for, and of course no whistle.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Trocheck has absorbed two, three hits from Chuck, Wennberg got popped by Kulikov, Lomberg took out Vesey and he's been a menace out there. Attrition will take in effect at some point and the Rags just aren't so eager to be the first one on the puck, they'll start to hesitate, they can't pull off moves like they used to, etc. Now that the Panthers can match lines I'd expect seeing Barkov going up against the Rags bottom6ers.

Need to get Tank off the top line

Erod-Barkov-Reinhart
Verhaege-Lundel-MT
Lous-Bennett-Tank
Lomberg-Sten-someone else

Don't go changing

Last edited:

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Cousins has not been doing Cuzzy stuff. Definitely switch him with Lorentz.

But for the screen on our goal 17 has been meh.

Definitely put the Benny band back together

Tank has been shit so far offensively

Lundy and Luo with 17 I guess

I wouldn’t mind switching Tank and 17

Kuli has been extremely good these 2 games, but please stop shooting. He rarely comes close

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Dumpey didn’t have any effect on the game. The Rags were jacked not to lose and our guys were content with the split. Hopefully that doesn’t haunt them later.

Kuli lit Dumpey up and he landed on his ass. It would be nice if Dumpey was called for all his late hits, but I’m not losing sleep waiting for the call

Reactions: whitefang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad