Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] F Tyler Bertuzzi signs with the Blackhawks (4 years, $5.5M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I would have liked him back but this is one of those contracts that scare the shit out of you. First half of the season he didn't even look like a NHL player a lot of nights. Then all of a sudden second half he suddenly found his game and scored most of his goals in a big stretch. Then he battled hard all playoff series.

What scares me is if that first half is his future, this deal is brutal. Hawks though can afford that risk. Leafs couldn't.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I would have liked him back but this is one of those contracts that scare the shit out of you. First half of the season he didn't even look like a NHL player a lot of nights. Then all of a sudden second half he suddenly found his game and scored most of his goals in a big stretch. Then he battled hard all playoff series.

What scares me is if that first half is his future, this deal is brutal. Hawks though can afford that risk. Leafs couldn't.
It's only one year into the contention window. Not a huge deal.

Reactions: pvr

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Can we retire the "Ottawa has been punished" meme this off-season? It's reaching reddit levels of tedium for a meme that wasn't all that funny to begin with
I agree, we need to put more miles into the "Chicago literally got away with sexual assault cover-up, there's no way they'd be punished for something like tampering" meme until it reaches 4chan levels of tedium.

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008

6 goals through January (46 games) last year with Toronto. It's definitely a huge risk. Very surprised he got that contract, but blackhawks have money to spend.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not biggest Bertuzzi fan but am fine with this

He is massive upgrade to top 9 for Hawks and at just 4 years its not a contract that will likely be difficult to deal with if things don't work out

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Hawks actually getting some NHL players this offseason. Definitely makes the decision not to trade the 4th to them an easy pill to swallow, considering it was already risky. Getting Hall back should also help them actually look like a team.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Why get mad about tampering? You’re just mad whatever player didn’t want to sign where you wanted them to. But they were never going to sign there anyway so who cares when the deal was hashed out?
Teams are NOW ALLOWED to talk with pending UFAs the week before July 1st…it’s pretty common knowledge and NOW ALLOWED by the NHL…get out from under your rocks people

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I don’t get why people cry tampering. Does anyone actually think they don’t get contracts until noon and then decide in mere minutes?

This x 1000.

To those whining - every team/player does it, even yours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad