Rumor: Pagnotta: Panthers are shopping Aaron Ekblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He has slowed down and injuries are a long term concern.

As a Leaf fan, at first glance he should be everything they'd want but at the same time, it's the type of injuries he's had.

Tanev for 2-3 years, I don't hesitate much, heavy miles but no real head issues.

Ekblad has had 3-5 concussions...I would have interest but I don't know how much I would be comfortable with offering up. The extension afterwards as well is concerning.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
As a Leaf fan, at first glance he should be everything they'd want but at the same time, it's the type of injuries he's had.

Tanev for 2-3 years, I don't hesitate much, heavy miles but no real head issues.

Ekblad has had 3-5 concussions...I would have interest but I don't know how much I would be comfortable with offering up. The extension afterwards as well is concerning.
Ekblad hasn't had a concussion for years, let alone missed any games for them, it's his legs, knees and ankle sprains, that have been piling up.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Ekblad hasn't had a concussion for years, let alone missed any games for them, it's his legs, knees and ankle sprains, that have been piling up.

What is Florida wanting / hoping to get in return for him?

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Lol. Zito is going to have to FIND a 1st to send with Ekblad, forget receiving one back
Lol.

A. Sure sure. Look through who’s gotten a first.
B. You clearly missed “if he can get one.”
C. You’re out of your mind if you think other teams don’t value him.

Lol

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
So bad they only won a Stanley Cup. Imagine how much better they would have done without him playing 23 minutes a night and anchoring the 1st pairing D.
They won the cup in spite of him. How many Edmonton goals were directly because of Ekblad's poor neutral zone positioning and lead feet? Forsling was the anchor of that top pair.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I would think a RHD and a pick. We will need his cap space next year more than anything.

If it was gonna happen today or tomorrow maybe something around Ekblad for Liljegren and Holmberg/ 1 of the Leafs 5ths

Even easier if Florida retained 1-1.5M on it.

Not sure we have the right partner for Ekblad though, if Muzzin was still healthy he would have been great.

Chaos2k7

Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
If it was gonna happen today or tomorrow maybe something around Ekblad for Liljegren and Holmberg/ 1 of the Leafs 5ths

Even easier if Florida retained 1-1.5M on it.

Not sure we have the right partner for Ekblad though, if Muzzin was still healthy he would have been great.
Pass, and not close IMO.

Leafs don't have a Dman on the right side worth acquiring.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Pass

Ekblad at 7.5 and Mikkola at 2.5 is not 12.5, it leaves less cap space, and opens two more holes on the D, not gonna happen.
who said 12.5?
bread = a shade over 11.6
FL sheds 10.0 takes on 1.6

but hey,
ArEk is a stopgap, so fine we can wait on your next available 1st -- 2027? + Mik

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
who said 12.5?
bread = a shade over 11.6
FL sheds 10.0 takes on 1.6

but hey,
ArEk is a stopgap, so fine we can wait on your next available 1st -- 2027? + Mik
Still defeats the purpose of moving him, losing cap space and creating an even bigger hole on D.

Next 1st is in 2026

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why would we want to do that?
whether you give Ekblad or 1st way down the road (+ Mik),
Whether or not Rein stays or exits as a ufa, you could use bread
def upcoming season
and you get a deep dive look to see if you want to extend further, and if yes, for how much

The OP here is reporting Ekbl is being shopped.
You are getting real value now, and after next season, if AE is still a fit, you can pitch him as a ufa b'c Rs not likely to try to retain, view as a stopgap

Do you disagree you can use Pan. in any event?

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
whether you give Ekblad or 1st way down the road (+ Mik),
Whether or not Rein stays or exits as a ufa, you could use bread
def upcoming season
and you get a deep dive look to see if you want to extend further, and if yes, for how much

The OP here is reporting Ekbl is being shopped.
You are getting real value now, and after next season, if AE is still a fit, you can pitch him as a ufa b'c Rs not likely to try to retain, view as a stopgap

Do you disagree you can use Pan. in any event?
I honestly don't see us moving 1-2 defensemen and bringing in another $10 MIL forward with rumors around Reino and Verhaeghe being 8ish for one and 9ish for the other. Makes no sense to bring Panarin in.

Edit: even if we don't sign either of our forwards, I don't see us bringing Panarin in. Zito is obviously fine paying guys (Barkov, Tkachuk, Forsling), but he also is wise with how he uses the cap. That much to one guy, who'd be making more than Barkov, just doesn't seem like a move he'd make

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad