Rumor: Pagnotta: Panthers are shopping Aaron Ekblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
My thoughts exactly. Perfect flip piece. Tavares would be great too.

Ya I'd love Ekblad and Tavares. I'm all for getting younger and being smart with assets but I got season tickets, I don't want to suck. Especially if it's intentional by not using cap space.

There's plenty of solid hockey players that are just overpaid on teams going all in.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I understand. I'm just saying the narrative about him is more positive than what he actually is at this point. And just because the league has scouts, that doesn't mean every team has the assessment of said player.
Yeah, Gudransson makes 4 a year, so teams overpay. But Florida fans and most of the league haven't been pumping Ekblad for 2 or 3 years. Glad he won a cup with us.

Reactions: RogerRoger

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Ya I'd love Ekblad and Tavares. I'm all for getting younger and being smart with assets but I got season tickets, I don't want to suck. Especially if it's intentional by not using cap space.

There's plenty of solid hockey players that are just overpaid on teams going all in.
We want the same thing for different reasons. I want those 2 to flip them at the deadline for picks and because I don't think they help us win games a whole lot...haha

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I saw him lining up as a top pair D a few days ago in the cup finals
Ok…and he was 4th in ES TOI per game during a much larger size in the regular season and he has 1 point and was a -5 in the 7 games against Edmonton when we “last saw him lining up as a top pair D”.

His slowness is an extreme detriment to roll out as a continuous presence on your top pair.

He’s nobodies idea of a true top pair defenseman.

Reactions: Jakey53

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
He can't stay healthy and it seems his legs are made of glass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad