PA, NHL Call News Conferences for Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeymistress

Oct 9, 2004
incawg said:
TSN has updated their story as follows:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=113658

I think that kinda debunks this 1040 report.

If no further comment is expected tonight, then just more waiting is in order, and the only "updates" will be on blogs. More speculation.

Realistically, there could be no "update" for days or weeks. This could just drag on. We keep waiting for "word" and it could still be some number of days or weeks for anything "official" even though everyone knows that no games will be played.

H.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
rockon83 said:
fan 590 just had a breaking cba news report: theyre done for the evening but continuing talks tomorrow

Fan 590 20/20 sports just said they are still at the table and are basically reporting the TSN story that they could go all night.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
Bruwinz37 said:
Fan 590 20/20 sports just said they are still at the table and are basically reporting the TSN story that they could go all night.

yep. I was just about to post the same thing. Fan 590 says the talks are still going on.

Vic Rattlehead*

This is the first time since the lockout began that I am a little optimistic.

Crazy Lunatic

ScottyBowman said:
Canadian radio stations are worse than the weekly world news.

If anything hockey related isnt reported on a Toronto based news outlet, whether its radio, television or newspaper first, its bullsh*t. An american radio station, television station or newspaper wouldn't know the difference between a wrist shot and a wrist watch.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Crazy Lunatic said:
If anything hockey related isnt reported on a Toronto based news outlet, whether its radio, television or newspaper first, its bullsh*t. An american radio station, television station or newspaper wouldn't know the difference between a wrist shot and a wrist watch.
I'll believe pretty much anything on the main espn website, but not their insider crap.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Crazy Lunatic said:

Um... Not exactly. American news outlets are much more reliable in providing FACTS while Canadian news outlets like the Toronto newspapers and sportsnet are a bunch of paparazzi rumor mongers. I know its the cool thing to do in here (bashing ESPN) but they rarely make up crazy rumors and report them on their website in regards to hockey. I can think of many instances where I've read utter BS on sportsnets website. My favorite was the Osgood to LA for Rob Blake as a done deal or Fedorov to the Rangers for Lindros as a done deal.

hockeymistress

Oct 9, 2004
In their rush to be first to print I wish one of the major media outlets would use the headline "Goodenow and Bettman could be going at it all night."

What a visual.

H.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
In their rush to be first to print I wish one of the major media outlets would use the headline "Goodenow and Bettman could be going at it all night."

Ugh... thanks great visual... :lol

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
ScottyBowman said:
Um... Not exactly. American news outlets are much more reliable in providing FACTS while Canadian news outlets like the Toronto newspapers and sportsnet are a bunch of paparazzi rumor mongers. I know its the cool thing to do in here (bashing ESPN) but they rarely make up crazy rumors and report them on their website in regards to hockey. I can think of many instances where I've read utter BS on sportsnets website. My favorite was the Osgood to LA for Rob Blake as a done deal or Fedorov to the Rangers for Lindros as a done deal.

Not to disagree with you, but ESPN was pretty irresponsible with Hradek's rumor. They took it very much out of context and ran it on their bottom line most of the afternoon.

You are right though, some of the Canadian outlets seem to be very much rumor mongers.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Someone should change the name of this thread, it's misleading. There are no press confrences scheduled for tomorrow as of yet.

Fan-in-Van

Dec 13, 2004
Jobu said:
Just reported on Team 1040 Vancouver. Game over, folks.

You have misquoted. Pratt was speaking with Paul Chapman of the Province Sports and Chappy said something along the lines of "we'll see when there are two news conferences tomorrow". He had no wire stories or inside tips. It was pure speculation.

But speaking of Pratt, yesterday he was one of the most optimistic guys out there, saying things like "there is definitely a deal to be made" with what the league proposed. Today he was as morose as Heally et al.

EdBelfour20

Jan 19, 2004
misleading thread title please change "Team 1040 reports PA, NHL Call News Conferences for Tomorrow"

Reilly311

Wow, JR on ESPN. He said he'd live with a cap, but not as low as the owners are offering. He also said he want's a vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad