Owen Sound Attack 2024-25 Season, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Liked ALOT of what I seen tonight in Guelph....absolutely NO quit in this team
You could definitely tell it was the first game for many of the players tonight. Seemed like there was lots of nervous energy in the early going. Lots of Attack players running into each other trying to do too much. They seemed to settle in as the game went along and the third period was by far and away their best. Hopefully carry some positive momentum into tomorrow. Good energy and compete tonight.

Really liked Varosyan, Crawford and Mbuyi tonight. Kindree and Gates had some flashes together as well. Once these guys get their feet wet and acclimate a little bit with the league I think we'll see the offense start to take off. That Mbuyi goal was a heck of a rip. Could definitely get used to seeing that lol.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Tonight's game was a good test to see this group playing a divisional opponent in the Storm.

Lot of good things came out of the game and the compete level was all over the ice tonight, steps in the right direction from this group.

Coaches always talk about the little details in the game and we certainly saw some of those details be seen in Guelph tonight from the physical play in 50/50 puck battles to defensive zone play. All good things to see come out of this group thus far even after only 1 regular season game.

Rematch tomorrow and chance to see build off the little positives from tonight.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Good to get the first game under their belts.

Lots of positive stuff.

Work in progress .

Home opener tonight, guessing Carter George gets the net .

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
You could definitely tell it was the first game for many of the players tonight. Seemed like there was lots of nervous energy in the early going. Lots of Attack players running into each other trying to do too much. They seemed to settle in as the game went along and the third period was by far and away their best. Hopefully carry some positive momentum into tomorrow. Good energy and compete tonight.

Really liked Varosyan, Crawford and Mbuyi tonight. Kindree and Gates had some flashes together as well. Once these guys get their feet wet and acclimate a little bit with the league I think we'll see the offense start to take off. That Mbuyi goal was a heck of a rip. Could definitely get used to seeing that lol.
Mbuyi is my dark horse for rookie of the year

Think it’s belchetz’s to lose though

Reactions: Spills

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Mbuyi is my dark horse for rookie of the year

Think it’s belchetz’s to lose though
He's been impressive. I thought he would struggle to start being that he's listed at 5'10" and 153lbs but that hasn't held him back in the slightest. He's surprised a few players with his physical play. No fear whatsoever going to the hard parts of the ice. Nice package when you factor that in with his skating and puck skill. Pretty sure he was on the first unit PK last night too and hasn't looked out of place.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
I don't know how many games this team is going to win but if that is the product we're going to get at the Bayshore this season it's awfully hard to complain. Highly entertaining.

Reactions: Millpond

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Another entertaining game by the Bear Cubs.

Again surrendering under 20 shots on goal.

Some gritty play, big hits and sandpaper.

Give the boys another week of practice, then back at it next weekend .

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Week one down, lots of positives out of the first weekend versus the Storm.

The compete level was definitely seen in these two games versus Guelph we are seeing growth in the little areas especially in the battling for a full 60 minutes and becoming what the the coaching staff had touched on when they were hired. This trend has been a nice positive to see from both the offensive and defensive sides of play, as long as they can keep building off what they've shown us fans thus far the results will come in the effort and in the scoresheet.

All positives in which should be a very exciting season that is ahead of this group.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Gillespie is an Attack killer and hes only an 05. Otherwise great effort from the boys. Our imports have been full value so far.

Hopefully Barlow and K. Smith get released this week, any deals can get made, and the team rolls into next weekend with its full squad for the first half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad