Owen Sound Attack 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
LA Kings made cuts today but Kaleb Lawrence is sticking around on the now 62 man roster. He's likely not back for the weekend it looks like.

Attack Rap was with Coach Walters this week. Pretty good episode.

Reactions: Noofgoof

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Great looking episode. Very informative and nice look in to how Wally runs the ship. Enjoyed the new host as well

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I'm assuming Barlow is still with Winnipeg? Lawrence is still up... missing anyone else tomorrow night?

We've got Poitras and Buchinger still at camp.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Reactions: StormWatcher

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
As of now Barlow and Lawrence are the only 2 missing.
Pretty good chance there will be news on both today I would think. Just a gut feeling though. Barlow had been kept out due to illness and at this point in camp it's unlikely he would get a shot in an exhibition game as teams want to start getting a more serious look at the roster for the NHL season.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Pretty sure Buchinger was sent back yesterday. I think you're only missing Poitras, who probably has a pretty good chance of cracking the Bruins roster, or at least starting the year with them and getting the 9 game trial run.

Thanks for the update!! I think there are one or two guys ahead of Poitras on the Bruin's depth chart... but I agree he may start the year with them. I'm looking forward to tomorrow night! I think it's going to be a great year for some good match ups between OS and Guelph.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Thanks for the update!! I think there are one or two guys ahead of Poitras on the Bruin's depth chart... but I agree he may start the year with them. I'm looking forward to tomorrow night! I think it's going to be a great year for some good match ups between OS and Guelph.
London is the early favorite in the Mid-West but both Owen Sound and Guelph should keep them honest. I think most would expect Kitchener or London to be the biggest rivals for Owen Sound but a lot of players say Guelph. The games against Guelph are always entertaining. Should be a fun game to watch.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
London is the early favorite in the Mid-West but both Owen Sound and Guelph should keep them honest. I think most would expect Kitchener or London to be the biggest rivals for Owen Sound but a lot of players say Guelph. The games against Guelph are always entertaining. Should be a fun game to watch.

Defense has London at the top, but I think if DiVivincentiis and Nelson come to the Mid-West it would make things interesting. I think both Owen Sound and Guelph will have more firepower than London. Do you think George will become the 1G?

Lots to be seen, I can only hope Guelph starts out stronger than they did last season.... it's a low bar so very achievable. lol

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Defense has London at the top, but I think if DiVivincentiis and Nelson come to the Mid-West it would make things interesting. I think both Owen Sound and Guelph will have more firepower than London. Do you think George will become the 1G?

Lots to be seen, I can only hope Guelph starts out stronger than they did last season.... it's a low bar so very achievable. lol
London has the best blue line in the league I think and with the addition of Simpson is set in net. I think they are similar to last season in their forward group where they have some nice pieces but TBD on if they have a star or two. They would appear to be a team that will need to add up front at some point.

Guelph has a nice forward group and I think a bit of an underrated blueline but will definitely miss Allen while he's out. Obviously TBD in net for Guelph but if they get saves this season then they have to be looked at as a threat. They are certainly in the best position in terms of trade assets to add later in the year as well if they need to address goaltending and defense.

Owen Sound probably has the best forward group of the three but also the weakest blueline, at least on paper. I think they should be solid in net. I think the expectation is Votary and George will split the net to start the year until one of them claims it. I don't think anyone would be surprised if George takes the starter's role. They don't have a lot of trade assets so I don't imagine they will be significant players at the trade deadline but have to think they look to add on the blueline eventually.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Pretty good chance there will be news on both today I would think. Just a gut feeling though. Barlow had been kept out due to illness and at this point in camp it's unlikely he would get a shot in an exhibition game as teams want to start getting a more serious look at the roster for the NHL season.
Barlow is still in Winnipeg skating away from the main group which makes me think he's still dealing with the effects of whatever illness he's been dealing with. It would appear he won't be back for the weekend.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Conspiracy theory in me noticed both Erie and Owen Sound are the only two teams who haven't transitioned their rosters from preseason to regular season yet. Erie only has 2 OAs and Owen Sound has 4 OAs. Could be something.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Conspiracy theory in me noticed both Erie and Owen Sound are the only two teams who haven't transitioned their rosters from preseason to regular season yet. Erie only has 2 OAs and Owen Sound has 4 OAs. Could be something.
Just Owen Sound now that hasn't updated the roster to regular season. I'll put away my tinfoil hat now lol.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Starting line up for the Attack. Lawrence sits. Addy serving game 2/2 of his suspension and Barlow still with Winnipeg.

Petrovsky - Guindon - Burroughs
Sedley - Jordan
Votary

1696023206827.png

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Not sure why George isn’t starting lol.. makes no sense to me
Give the veteran Votary the first crack at it. George likely starts tomorrow for the home opener. It should be an open competition for the #1 spot. Both goalies need to play this year, it doesn't make sense to tear anybody down naming a starter at this point. Let them earn it.

Greg Cowan with an interesting piece with Dale DeGray as the season opens. Some good info in there.

OSAfan

Jan 15, 2023
Give the veteran Votary the first crack at it. George likely starts tomorrow for the home opener. It should be an open competition for the #1 spot. Both goalies need to play this year, it doesn't make sense to tear anybody down naming a starter at this point. Let them earn it.

Greg Cowan with an interesting piece with Dale DeGray as the season opens. Some good info in there.

Nice piece. Hopefully they can find a home for one of the overage forwards. They got a few months to show what they got.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
Was at the game.. not much to say, self inflicted mistakes cost us that game.. thought #2 had a bad game, Sedley with a dumb play, need to see more from 11 and 18.. they need to have big years if we are going to be successful. On to tomorrow

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Home opener tonight I hope the rink is packed and loud. Let's shake off the bad bounces of game 1 and turn the ship around. Lots of good hockey to come and hopefully that starts tonight. I assume George for the start but never know. Addy and Lawrence likely factor in to the line up adding quite a bit of size up front tonight. I think the boys will come out flying. (I hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad