HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Just a sad, terrible video. He is lights out here. Pure hatred in his eyes the entire time.

Hate seeing someone you once rooted a ton take so many wrong turns.
He needs help that’s for sure. I watched the full video and he was completely unhinged the entire time.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
He needs help that’s for sure. I watched the full video and he was completely unhinged the entire time.

Help he probably won't get.
He got off the hook ridiculously easy. Got a 30 days commuted sentence, his conditions was to enter and complete the NHL program and to stay sober for a year... Yet, one week later he was sitting on a plane en route to Russia.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
36 year-old Kopitar is still a pure monster in this league. The Kings were my darkhorse pick from the west the last couple of seasons, and it's looking like they're much more than a darkhorse at this point. Goaltending being their obvious weakness.

I miss the good old days of the Ducks, Kings, and Sharks, their games from the last 10+ years were always must-watch hockey. Size, speed, and fundamentals. One of the perks of living out west.

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
36 year-old Kopitar is still a pure monster in this league. The Kings were my darkhorse pick from the west the last couple of seasons, and it's looking like they're much more than a darkhorse at this point. Goaltending being their obvious weakness.

I miss the good old days of the Ducks, Kings, and Sharks, their games from the last 10+ years were always must-watch hockey. Size, speed, and fundamentals. One of the perks of living out west.
Kind of crazy to see the polar opposite now.

When I was recently watching the kings, I was thinking... What if we drafted Kopitar instead of Price?

We would have had an extremely durable 1st line C that's still playing today, would have probably tanked for a rebuild a lot earlier since we wouldn't have had Price covering all the holes... Maybe we would have even won a cup as a result!!

Aw well....

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Help he probably won't get.
He got off the hook ridiculously easy. Got a 30 days commuted sentence, his conditions was to enter and complete the NHL program and to stay sober for a year... Yet, one week later he was sitting on a plane en route to Russia.

Jeeze, that means he failed his conditions and now has a warrant on him. Can't come back to the US ever, unless he wants to face bigger charges.

Reactions: Runner77

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I hope the Leafs trade their first rounder in a panic move.

And they still need to figure out the Nylander situation (UFA). I wonder how much he'll ask for...

Reactions: Habs10Habs

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I do think Huberdeau is still a really good player on the right team. I think the Habs play more to his style and he’d help the PP a lot. I’d easily trade Gally+Anderson for him if he only had like 4-5 years left on his deal. But 8? No thanks.
Plus is agent is Allan Walsh, I could not live with 8 years of his antics

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Poor judge of character was Timmins Achilles heel. Ruined the team.
With that regime’s absolute focus on character, I’m surprised they didn’t draft Forsberg instead. The need for a centre was just too glaring. Things could have really been different with a player of his quality.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
That Chucky video is so cringe. Crazy drunk talk threatening the officer, then he says, "so just let me out here, and I'll forget this happened". What would be more crazy is if Chucky thought he was such a big deal that he could convince his shadowy Russian mob buddies to murder an entire bloodline over his impaired driving arrest. What an absolute embarrassment. Clown show.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
That's the crazy part to me. He really was this player in juniors. His character problems developed after Therrien and Bergevin stepped to make him a better person.
Or.....what that freakin organization has done with Galchy and with Kotkaniemi, is making them entitled. By starting them at 18. By not respecting the process.

Galchy has his own problems. And he's responsible for the type of person that he is. But as an organization, as a company, when you put people in positions they shouldn't be in, and tell them how great they are before they have the maturity to deal with it, you put yourself and the person in a freakin bad situation from the get go.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
With that regime’s absolute focus on character, I’m surprised they didn’t draft Forsberg instead. The need for a centre was just too glaring. Things could have really been different with a player of his quality.
The draft for needs never fail......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad