HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
They went for the PR hire. This new management is mostly PR. Slaf was a PR move, keeping him is a PR move, Michkov was a PR move, etc.
So was keeping KK up. This org is all about pr,marketing. If they ever win with this owner it will be a coincidence. They create a buzz,an interest,people willing to go to see the new boys in town and selling seats and product. If they really want to win,they have to forget about playing politics and and choose the best of the best from top down regardless of origin of birth.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
So was keeping KK up. This org is all about pr,marketing. If they ever win with this owner it will be a coincidence. They create a buzz,an interest,people willing to go to see the new boys in town and selling seats and product. If they really want to win,they have to forget about playing politics and and choose the best of the best from top down regardless of origin of birth.
Gorton was considered a, if not, the top dog.

Anderson+Gally for Hubie? Nah that's crazy dawg

This is going very well.

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Nah

3 years left on Gallagher and JA after this year.
7 years left on Huberdeau.

The cap hit difference is only 1.5 millions.
It very well may be the worst contract in the entire league, bar none. He's got full control on pretty much every year on it too, so he can veto any trade. At this point, the only option is finding a way to make him play better, somehow.

Reactions: LaP

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
It very well may be the worst contract in the entire league, bar none. He's got full control on pretty much every year on it too, so he can veto any trade. At this point, the only option is finding a way to make him play better, somehow.
We absolutely do not want that contract. Hubby is seeing ghosts out there like Campbell lol

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Don't think it will happen. Some guys are just done at 30. Like Kirk Muller. Ideally he would transition to a depth role on a 3rd line (2nd line when there's injuries) like Kirk Muller did after leaving NYI but with his contract will be hard to sell to the fans and will be even harder to make it work on a winning team. I would not want to be stuck with this contract only thing Calgary can hope is the cap increase a lot in the upcoming years and 10 millions become the new 6 millions in 3-4 years.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
# of teams potentially interested will be significantly reduced because of the contract structure - $61.5M of $84M is paid via bonuses on July 1st each for 8-years..there remains $54.5M in bonuses left to pay out

IMG_2052.jpeg

FYI, Gallagher has no bonus payouts in his current contract

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I do think Huberdeau is still a really good player on the right team. I think the Habs play more to his style and he’d help the PP a lot. I’d easily trade Gally+Anderson for him if he only had like 4-5 years left on his deal. But 8? No thanks.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I do think Huberdeau is still a really good player on the right team. I think the Habs play more to his style and he’d help the PP a lot. I’d easily trade Gally+Anderson for him if he only had like 4-5 years left on his deal. But 8? No thanks.
Ya his term is just way too long, it's 4 years longer than Gallagher and Anderson. While I do think he'd be a much better fit with the Habs and especially next to Suzuki and Caufield, I do question if he will actually put in the effort on a dog shit team like the Habs.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Not a surprise at all that Campbell clears waivers as no one is taking that contract without some sweetners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad