HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Sharks have the lead against the Flyers early in the game. Cmon Flyers win this game so Thursday when the Sharks play Oilers will mean that the Oilers will be in a must win as they can't lose to winless team. :naughty:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Toffoli with his 8th of the year opens the scoring against the Avs
Good player.

It's crazy he went for such a low return. He doesn't have good footspeed. But he can be a piece to the puzzli, imo.

Will this be the year he gets 40?

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Bruins 10-1-1 How?
Dont Know Emoticon

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Bruins 10-1-1 How?
Dont Know Emoticon
Good coaching?

I like MSL as a coach, reminds me a bit of Demers, but on the other hand, what does he know about teaching structure and organisation? That is something that bothers me a bit. Maybe he needs very strong assistants, similar to Jacques Laperriere back in the days to get this team to another level. I mean, right now, it doesn't matter much because the quality of the team is low anyway, but at some point in the future we need to think about this...

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Good coaching?

I like MSL as a coach, reminds me a bit of Demers, but on the other hand, what does he know about teaching structure and organisation? That is something that bothers me a bit. Maybe he needs very strong assistants, similar to Jacques Laperriere back in the days to get this team to another level. I mean, right now, it doesn't matter much because the quality of the team is low anyway, but at some point in the future we need to think about this...
The entire philosophy behind “positionless hockey” is the elimination of stringent structure - its the Montessori of hockey philosophies…

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Good coaching?

I like MSL overall, but I do kinda regret us not having gone after Jim Montgomery. He fits most of our criterias and I don't know if he was even considered at the time.

Reactions: Paddyjack and Mrb1p

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Bruins 10-1-1 How?
Dont Know Emoticon
Top 5 duo of goalie. One of the best defense in its prime. An elite winger in his prime. An elite winger nearing the end of his career but who can still play and has lot of experience. A center line that is weak but made of vets who can play the game well both side. Not sure why people expected them to ****. 10-1-1 is surprising but it's a small sample size. Coyle and Zacha are not awful they are both better player than DD. Zacha is only 26 and is a big dude. Like Ericksson Ek it's not rare to see those guys develop at 24-25-26.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The best PR would come from building a genuine contender.
That would require being good at your job, which is much harder than faking it.

Top 5 duo of goalie. One of the best defense in its prime. An elite winger in his prime. An elite winger nearing the end of his career but who can still play and has lot of experience. A center line that is weak but made of vets who can play the game well both side. Not sure why people expected to ****. 10-1-1 is surprising but it's a small sample size. Coyle and Zacha are not awful they are both better player than DD. Zacha is only 26 and is a big dude. Like Ericksson Ek it's not rare to see those guys develop at 25-26.
Because people overrate the hell out of Bergeron and think he's Crosby or something.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
They went for the PR hire. This new management is mostly PR. Slaf was a PR move, keeping him is a PR move, Michkov was a PR move, etc.

Molson still looming large over hockey ops IMO. It's reckless to have leaked out they weren't gonna pick Michkov months in advance. Knowing Stephane Leroux leaked the Slaf pick, I'd assume the leak comes from Molson's entourage, which is reckless and removes negotiation powers from Hughes.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Molson still looming large over hockey ops IMO. It's reckless to have leaked out they weren't gonna pick Michkov months in advance. Knowing Stephane Leroux leaked the Slaf pick, I'd assume the leak comes from Molson's entourage, which is reckless and removes negotiation powers from Hughes.
It's all speculation though , I really want to believe its Molson...but if it's not....we might have fools in charge once again.....

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
They went for the PR hire. This new management is mostly PR. Slaf was a PR move, keeping him is a PR move, Michkov was a PR move, etc.
How is hiring a uniligual President of Hockey Ops a PR move?
How is hiring an anglo GM with no GM experience a PR move?
How is hiring a head coach with no head coach experience a PR move?
How is drafting Slaf, who many were skeptical of, a PR move?

There are legit criticisms to go around, but I really don't see how "PR" is one of them. Seems like a lazy narrative.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

There are legit criticisms to go around, but I really don't see how "PR" is one of them. Seems like a lazy narrative.
Well said.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Of course you don't, you love Hughes and Gorton like if they were ma' and pa'

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Of course you don't, you love Hughes and Gorton like if they were ma' and pa'
I think they're more focused on proving they're the smartest in the room than the PR aspect of it all.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I disagree, I think he is bringing good points. A PR move for the coach would have been Patrick Roy. At the draft, it would have been Wright
Slaf was the big strong Chad on the upswing with the great smile. Wright was the lil' nerd that had been castrated. All other players were non-existant.

MSL is a beloved player for Montreal. Hes smart, insanely charismatic and inexperienced enough that he would fall in line.

Patrick Roy wouldve been a PR move marketing wise, not optics wise.

I think they're more focused on proving they're the smartest in the room than the PR aspect of it all.
Thats their PR, they're trying to look competent.

Reactions: bcv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad