HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Makes you wonder if the oilers had a trade in place but it was to a team on his NTC... Waiving him for blocking the trade...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
With what cap space?
You're suggesting they trade Campbell+1st+ for Allen, I'm saying they do Campbell+1st+++ for a legit goalie. Realistically nobody is going to touch that contract. If Oilers are going to get a goalie from us, Monty makes way more sense.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You're suggesting they trade Campbell+1st+ for Allen, I'm saying they do Campbell+1st+++ for a legit goalie. Realistically nobody is going to touch that contract. If Oilers are going to get a goalie from us, Monty makes way more sense.
I’m saying their options are limited. They are hamstrung by their cap space. If they want to take on a new goalie they have to off load Campbell. An ugly 5 million over like four or five years. It’s a brutal deal.

It looks like they’ve decided to waive him which gives them a little room but that contract is long. Sending him down and eating half the cap space for that long is an ugly option.

The value in trading with us under the scenario I proposed isn’t just what they get back, it’s what they offload. Dumping Campbell is worth at least a first in and of itself. They’d also get our current high scorer, a goalie and a blueliner at a very cheap price. It’s a great ‘win now’ scenario for them.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
There's no reality where i would take Campbell contract. It's too long for where we are in our rebuild. Only team that would make sense to do it is SJ since they are starting their rebuild now and they don't have Connor God in their lineup.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
There's no reality where i would take Campbell contract. It's too long for where we are in our rebuild. Only team that would make sense to do it is SJ since they are starting their rebuild now and they don't have Connor God in their lineup.
I would for Gallagher and then you buy him out next summer.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

What team has a goalie better than Allen that they would be willing to trade & take Campbell back?

I don't see it.

Flyers (Hart)... They already took Petersen & buried him, and i would bet they want to use their cap room to get better quick vs a multi year rebuild.

Ducks (Gibson)... They're already loaded in prospects & will add more high picks this year. Tight internal budget means I doubt they'd be willing to eat Campbell's salary even if they'd have the cap room to do so.

What other legit 1A goalies do you think are out there and possibly available?

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
What team has a goalie better than Allen that they would be willing to trade & take Campbell back?

I don't see it.

Flyers (Hart)... They already took Petersen & buried him, and i would bet they want to use their cap room to get better quick vs a multi year rebuild.

Ducks (Gibson)... They're already loaded in prospects & will add more high picks this year. Tight internal budget means I doubt they'd be willing to eat Campbell's salary even if they'd have the cap room to do so.

What other legit 1A goalies do you think are out there and possibly available?
Varlamov with the Islanders could be an option and he is a $1 million cheaper than Allen. One issue is he does have a full NTC.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Campbell contract makes Gallagher look like a steal. Both are 3 years after this, and both 32. But Gallagher is on pace for 30 goals. We are getting something back.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We’d buy him out but…

But, yeah… it’s pretty ugly. Edmonton is really screwed.

Last edited:

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Honestly, just how much “fun” is it to be around Leon Draisaitl these days?

I mean, even when they win he looks miserable and on suicide watch. That guy looks like he hates his life choices even in the best of circumstances…

The Oilers have what we call “negative” leadership. Him and McD just don’t seem like they are part of the team. It’s fascinating to watch in the playoffs to be honest.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
imagine if the oilers were this bad last year in the Bedard sweepstakes? lol

• Wow
Reactions: Gustave

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Honestly, just how much “fun” is it to be around Leon Draisaitl these days?

I mean, even when they win he looks miserable and on suicide watch. That guy looks like he hates his life choices even in the best of circumstances…

The Oilers have what we call “negative” leadership. Him and McD just don’t seem like they are part of the team. It’s fascinating to watch in the playoffs to be honest.
How happy do you want them to be while playing for the f***ing Oilers ? They play in Edmonton for shit fan base, in a shit city, in a shit province, for a shit owner, with a shit GM, with mostly shit teammates, with shit goaltending, with shit coaching, with shit futures and they have a shit record.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
How happy do you want them to be while playing for the f***ing Oilers ? They play in Edmonton for shit fan base, in a shit city, in a shit province, for a shit owner, with a shit GM, with mostly shit teammates, with shit goaltending, with shit coaching, with shit futures and they have a shit record.
100% , its also not 1960 anymore everybody is on the internet McDrai know exactly whats been going on for years

Reactions: Gustave

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Tell me how you feel @Mrb1p :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad