HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Can't believe Holland will sit on his hands much longer...

McD may well storm into his office at this point and demand action
The major issue is the Oilers are right at the cap and if he is going to trade for a goalie he probably wants Campbell in the deal

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The major issue is the Oilers are right at the cap and if he is going to trade for a goalie he probably wants Campbell in the deal

I'm sure he does... Not so sure he wants to pay the massive premium it would cost for a team to take Campbell back. I bet it's Skinner (+ Ceci? Foegele?) that goes instead.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I'm sure he does... Not so sure he wants to pay the massive premium it would cost for a team to take Campbell back. I bet it's Skinner (+ Ceci? Foegele?) that goes instead.
Definitely possible but man Holland is now in between a rock and hard place as he needs to do something but he is doing it from a position of weakness

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Definitely possible but man Holland is now in between a rock and hard place as he needs to do something but he is doing it from a position of weakness
The longer he waits, the worse it's going to get.

The cup talk going into the season just amped up the pressure...

Fans/media are turning sour, and I'd be surprised if the room isn't feeling the same.

Not a great scenario for the "team" to dig themselves out of it... Pressure on Jack & Stu must feel suffocating.

I'd bet "something" happens by the end of the week. They'll be back in Edm from Sun until next Thu/Fri then start a 7-day road trip, you'd think they'd want to make a change before that trip.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Fans/media are turning sour, and I'd be surprised if the room isn't feeling the same.

Not a great scenario for the "team" to dig themselves out of it... Pressure on Jack & Stu must feel suffocating.

I'd bet "something" happens by the end of the week. They'll be back in Edm from Sun until next Thu/Fri then start a 7-day road trip, you'd think they'd want to make a change before that trip.
Sure but in season trades rarely happen before the New Year, except minor transactions

red devil

Oct 14, 2004

Another pressure point is Holland needs this be a solid season as Draisaitl is available for an extension in the Summer. If this season ends up being a disaster then I can't see him signing and then what does Holland do, trade him or let him play to his ufa year.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Why are Canadian teams run by incompetent managers?

Damn that Kucerov is a special player
Maybe some are incomptent. But, many players are asking a bigger salary to play in Canada…. Pretty sure Huberdeau and Nurse would haved signed on a cheaper deal in Dallas. Add this fact on 23 players on cap era and you see the result. I have the impression it’s tougher for canadian team to stay competitive a longer strech than US team

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Gill and Scuderi made a really good defensive pair.

Forwards were definitely better.

Pens had James Neal, but he didn't win a cup there.

Chris Kunitz was pretty damn good.

Pascal Dupuis was underrated. Not great, but got the job done. Similarly to Talbot. Remember when he got beat up and that sparked the Pens to come back ?

Jordan Staal was pretty damn solid.

Oilers have RNH who produces way more than Staal did, but for some reason doesn't seem as good.

Oilers have no one like Kunitz. No one like Kessel. No depth players stepping up.

Fleury gets shit on, but he is/was a pretty good goalie and significantly better than what Edmonton has had. Murray was pretty solid when needed, too.

Pens also brought up guys like Conor Sheary and Bonino, or acquired them and they became solid depth players.
They have PPG Zach Hyman who produces more than Kunitz ever did. Agree the goalers are next level bad.

Reactions: Mrb1p

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You watch Hughes, Tkachuk, Dobson, heck even KK and then you're reminded management ended up with Dvorak in the end. Jesus.
While I'd definitely rather have KK over Dvorak, the other three (especially Hughes) are just on a different level. Shit for brains Timmins drafts by need because we didn't have any centers but ignores the fact that our LHD depth at the time was Mete-Alzner-Benn when we could have a legit superstar on the team right now. Hopefully Hutson can become a Hughes like player.

Reactions: Andrei79

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
Edmonton need to go 40-20-11 for 96 pts, that might get them into the PO:s.

Skinner looks so awkward in net, and not Hasek awkward, just stiff and out of sync. Campbell at times looks like a decent goalie but then he completely fumbles it...

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
images

Reactions: CaptainKirk

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Love these Canucks jerseys. Don't know why they don't go back to them permanently.

Black is the right color for the Canucks. The whole blue they adopted because Orca bought them has always felt too corporate. Like if the Habs were bought by Doritos, they would start wearing orange? (and yes I know blue and green was the original Canucks color but the black and yellow and red is their iconic jersey).

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Edmonton need to go 40-20-11 for 96 pts, that might get them into the PO:s.

Skinner looks so awkward in net, and not Hasek awkward, just stiff and out of sync. Campbell at times looks like a decent goalie but then he completely fumbles it...
Oilers went into the season with visions of being serious Cup contenders...damn that backfired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad