HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
They had their best chance the year they acquired almost-retired Duncan Keith, who was acquired more for his leadership.

Leafs and Oilers have a similar problem where their leadership core are super talented, but poor leaders.
On top of management who don't see goaltending, balanced squad and defense as important.
Leafs management surely recognize the importance of D and goaltending, but they've backed themselves into a corner with three forwards eating up about 40% of their cap. Trading Nylander would be a ballsy move that could really help their backend – imagine Leafs trading for Hellebuyck?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
lol. Yes - do it!!!

IMG_8841.jpeg

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Ryan Reaves got a 3-year deal from the Leafs and can't do anything to help the team lol, Domi and Bertuzzi looking bad as well lol.
It's weird that 2 of the biggest superstars (McDavid and Mathews) are both cursed by teams insisting on icing crappy goalies and crappy D. It's weird to me.

If I was a GM and had those dynamic offensive duo's (McD/Drai and Math/Marner), I'd concentrate with laser-focus on a capable starting goalie and some capable, tough, defensive-minded d-men. And plenty of both have been available.

Heck, for example, Leafs would've been better off keeping Schenn, who actually played that role well for them and wanted to be in TO.

They're going to burn the prime years of their star players and have nothing to show for it in the end.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
It's weird that 2 of the biggest superstars (McDavid and Mathews) are both cursed by teams insisting on icing crappy goalies and crappy D. It's weird to me.

If I was a GM and had those dynamic offensive duo's (McD/Drai and Math/Marner), I'd concentrate with laser-focus on a capable starting goalie and some capable, tough, defensive-minded d-men. And plenty of both have been available.

Heck, for example, Leafs would've been better off keeping Schenn, who actually played that role well for them and wanted to be in TO.

They're going to burn the prime years of their star players and have nothing to show for it in the end.
The Oilers paid for a UFA starter, they just have piss poor goalie scouts (pro or amateur) and got screwed over. Well Oilers might have piss poor scouts all over actually...

Leafs biggest issue is too many overpaid stars, so not enough money for the rest of the line up. They used to have an ok Ds until Muzzin's injuries too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Ryan Reaves got a 3-year deal from the Leafs and can't do anything to help the team lol, Domi and Bertuzzi looking bad as well lol.
yeah it's puzzling - especially Domi and Bertuzzi's play BUT it's early.
Reaves on the other hand, will be 37 and I can't imagine he really wants to
fight very often. Looks like Laraque's retirement contract with habs.

Tree living isn't a very good GM imo

Reactions: OldCraig71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad