HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
That game was a definite grind

Skinner played well. Oil PK was outstanding

McDavid generally quiet. Looks off but came up clutch

Stars need to keep pressuring Nurse and Desharnais. The latter especially can be exposed, he was frequently just blindly throwing pucks away

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The Oilers team game this year is leaps and bounds better than in previous years. They're like the cup winning penguins in the sense that the roster outside the big guns were playing better than the sum of the parts. If they had a legit goaltender, they'd be my cup favorites without a doubt. Dallas is so stacked though. It's going to be a hell of a series.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
32 thoughts.

Friedman " I had someone bet me a nice steak diner that the Canes won't buyout KK as they like him and believe they have a player there, they just gotta figure it out"

Also mused about Necas maybe to Vancouver/Vancouver might have interest as Necas was apart of the potential return for Pettersson.

Possibly Ullmark - Necas rumour.

Chandler Stephanson might be a target for Boston

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Oilers would probably be the weakest depth roster to win a cup in my lifetime if they got there.

Shows how elite talent up the middle can hide a lot of weaknesses.

Weakest goaltending since niemi. Weakest d in a while. Much better than what they were running a few years back though.

Forwards sans even one of Mcdavid or draisaitl is average as hell. Guys like hyman and Kane are leeching off those two.

Still think Dallas takes it but Mcdavid is on a mission like MacKinnon a few years ago.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

Edit : I thought Tulsky would have been promoted to GM. Interesting that he is interim for the time being.

8rch9q.jpg

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Oilers would probably be the weakest depth roster to win a cup in my lifetime if they got there.

Shows how elite talent up the middle can hide a lot of weaknesses.

Weakest goaltending since niemi. Weakest d in a while. Much better than what they were running a few years back though.

Forwards sans even one of Mcdavid or draisaitl is average as hell. Guys like hyman and Kane are leeching off those two.

Still think Dallas takes it but Mcdavid is on a mission like MacKinnon a few years ago.
I agree on the most part of you post, but disagree about weakest D. Yeah, this is all-offense. But Ekholm, Bouchard and Nurse remain a really good top 3 imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad