HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Maybe, but what are you saying if the Habs select him and he refuses to come here?

That's likely why the Habs were just like you know what, there's a potential headache.

Plus they would have had a chance to talk to him and would have gotten a pretty good idea as to his mindset. Plus, the Habs likely have people who talk to other teams and heard that Michkov was really hoping, targeting, whatever you want to use for the flyers and the Habs decided to just pass.

Having Michkov and Demidov would be sick, but if one doesn't want to be there and you know, then you just avoid said player.

Furthermore, you draft that player and then trade him for a dud like Drysdale potentially and it looks even worse.
We have no evidence any other way. Yes he did want to play in Philly, but was it because Philly courted him and other teams didn't?

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
The Michkov talk got toxic on both sides. Some of the character assassination was absolutely laughable.
If the vitriol of not drafting him wasn't so extreme, and you were part of the bunch, perhaps we wouldn't have had to endure the pendulum swing.
Call it Selanne and Kariya then. Every single team would take a Panarin/Kane duo, it's just blatant lying to say no management would take them both on a team.
What's blatant is making such comments with certitude when Michkov played 0 NHL games just because he looked good agaisn't subpar competition in pre-season games. Basically claiming Michkov is a lock for a Selanne type of career.

But yeah, bOtH sIdEs.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If the vitriol of not drafting him wasn't so extreme, and you were part of the bunch, perhaps we wouldn't have had to endure the pendulum swing.

What's blatant is making such comments with certitude when Michkov played 0 NHL games just because he looked good agaisn't subpar competition in pre-season games. Basically claiming Michkov is a lock for a Selanne type of career.

But yeah, bOtH sIdEs.
He is on track for something like that and I've said that for four years now. It's 2 weeks until the subpar argument is out the window though.

I find the character assassination a lot more egregious.

I've also stayed far away from the Reinbacher thread because it's toxic, on both sides. The "pendulum" came right when Carey mispronounced David's name. It's just pure cope and homerism

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He is on track for something like that and I've said that for four years now. It's 2 weeks until the subpar argument is out the window though.

I find the character assassination a lot more egregious.

I've also stayed far away from the Reinbacher thread because it's toxic, on both sides. The "pendulum" came right when Carey mispronounced David's name. It's just pure cope and homerism

I personally found the fans reaction to passing on Michkov, when it was known for weeks they wouldn't take him, being so toxic and vicious, that it literally ruined Reinbacher's draft night to the point someone had to make, and deliver to him, a book of nice tweets and comments from the fan base, to try to improve his mood - the most egregious thing that happened.

Reactions: morhilane

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Call it Selanne and Kariya then. Every single team would take a Panarin/Kane duo, it's just blatant lying to say no management would take them both on a team.
The team that previously had Panarin/Kane just passed on the chance to have Bedard/Demidov to pick a toosly right shot D instead

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
That proves absolutely nothing
You brought up Panarin and Kane as an analogy to Demidov and Michkov and said no team would ever pass on a Panarin/Kane duo. The team that currently has Bedard and previously had Panarin/Kane just passed on adding Demidov, who you're presenting as analogous to Panarin. They just did the thing you said no team would ever do. Don't pretend it's somehow different because Bedard is a C as if that wouldn't make it even easier to fit Demidov into Chicago's lineup lol

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
That proves absolutely nothing
Nothing proves anything. All those kids are 3-4 years away from their prime. Until then nothing will be proven by anything.

Take 2010 draft for example. Taylor Hall looked like the right pick after 4 seasons. He was almost a ppg player. If you redo the draft today not sure he goes 1st. 2009 draft. After 4 years Tavares looked like the right pick. If you redo today Hedman is drafted before him.

Concluding anything about young players until they are 23 is just imo stupid. It's okay to discuss young players but it needs to be done with the assumption that they are not finished product yet and that anything that is said might or might not be true. Discussion about young players must be hypothetical by default until at least 4 complete years after the draft.

Last edited:

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Nothing proves anything. All those kids are 3-4 years away from their prime. Until then nothing will be proved by anything.

Take 2010 draft for example. Taylor Hall looked like the right pick after 4 seasons. He was almost a ppg player. If you redo the draft today not sure he goes 1st,
It is pretty funny to think back to the Seguin vs Hall debates and in 2024 they're both way worse than Brock Nelson lol

• Haha
Reactions: LaP

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Michkov didn't want Montreal.

Montreal didn't want Michkov.

:mod edit:

Michkov was never going to be a Montreal Canadiens even if the management/scouting staff was high on him. Friedman said as much on a recent 32 thoughts, Michkov and his camp orchestrated their destination.

I'm afraid you're going to be repeating this to the usual suspects for the next 15 years

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You brought up Panarin and Kane as an analogy to Demidov and Michkov and said no team would ever pass on a Panarin/Kane duo. The team that currently has Bedard and previously had Panarin/Kane just passed on adding Demidov, who you're presenting as analogous to Panarin. They just did the thing you said no team would ever do. Don't pretend it's somehow different because Bedard is a C as if that wouldn't make it even easier to fit Demidov into Chicago's lineup lol
The Blackhawks are not impervious to being stupid. The Kane and selanne comparison are to show that teams absolutely will field two high octane offense players.

Anyway isn't Demidov supposed to ge some two way player now that we've drafted him? It's very hard to keep up with the narrative around here.

Nothing proves anything. All those kids are 3-4 years away from their prime. Until then nothing will be proven by anything.

Take 2010 draft for example. Taylor Hall looked like the right pick after 4 seasons. He was almost a ppg player. If you redo the draft today not sure he goes 1st. 2009 draft. After 4 years Tavares looked like the right pick. If you redo today Hedman is drafted before him.

Concluding anything about young players until they are 23 is just imo stupid. It's okay to discuss young players but it needs to be done with the assumption that they are not finished product yet and that anything that is said might or might not be true. Discussion about young players must be hypothetical by default until at least 4 complete years after the draft.
Concluding anything before their career is over iis just as stupid. Why not just let people discuss whatever they want to discuss? For me? It's Michkov in the OT thread.

So how’s KKs 60pts in last 82GP pace coming along?
KK is a lot more Reinbacher than Michkov.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The Blackhawks are not impervious to being stupid. The Kane and selanne comparison are to show that teams absolutely will field two high octane offense players.

Anyway isn't Demidov supposed to ge some two way player now that we've drafted him? It's very hard to keep up with the narrative around here.

Concluding anything before their career is over iis just as stupid. Why not just let people discuss whatever they want to discuss? For me? It's Michkov in the OT thread.

KK is a lot more Reinbacher than Michkov.
No problem with discussing i said it myself. The problem i had is with the term proving anything. We are quite far away from that state of affairs.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
So a completely different thing than what you actually said then.
Lol whatever man, I do think he is better two-way player but it won't be a significant part of his game in the NHL, but I guess you'll just call that cope and pretend I'm saying he's already Marian Hossa or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad