News Article: Ottawa is 25th in ufa desirability

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Ugh, was hoping this wouldn't be a thread here.

It's some guys opinion, I don't get why people are putting stock into it.

Honestly, people just need to realize that there is no formula for the average free agent to where they will sign. Some people like warm weather and no media pressure. Some people like Canada and being the subject of attention. Some people want to play in their hometown. Some people want to play in cities that have arenas located in the suburbs that makes east end fans angry.

Milan the God*

Important to note, this is one guy's opinion. It isn't based on anything except his personal opinion.

This is his write up on Ottawa:

25. Ottawa Senators

The Ottawa Senators have a chance to be a good hockey team in the near future. Other things I find attractive about playing there:

…

…

Personally, I take this list with a grain of salt.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Nothing about Ottawa screams exciting. I agree with him 100%
And?

It's a beautiful city with a loyal fanbase that is in it's infancy stages. The last 2 years have seen a dramatic way the fans are. The team is promising, the city is nice, and the fans are loyal.

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
His reasoning for Carolina just shows how lazy this guy is

21. Carolina Hurricanes
A warmer winter climate and some true talent on the roster. Not really sure what else to give you here other than “…I can make this work.”

Also, for Ottawa he just put periods to say that there is nothing to do. He put the Jets so low because not many people live there and it's cold, but they have 100% the best fans in hockey.

Such a random list.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Ottawa is perennially ranked as one of the top cities in the world as far as quality of living is concerned.

Kind of stupid to write an opinion piece on a subject like this.

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
Ottawa is my favourite city hands down in Canada, and I've visited enough major Canadian cities to form this opinion, and I live no where near Ottawa. It's not like Toronto, but I'm sure a lot of players would prefer a place like Ottawa over a Toronto, New York or Boston.

Last edited:

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Ugh, was hoping this wouldn't be a thread here.

It's some guys opinion, I don't get why people are putting stock into it.

Honestly, people just need to realize that there is no formula for the average free agent to where they will sign. Some people like warm weather and no media pressure. Some people like Canada and being the subject of attention. Some people want to play in their hometown. Some people want to play in cities that have arenas located in the suburbs that makes east end fans angry.
This.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Ottawa is my favourite city hands down in Canada, and I've visited enough major Canadian cities to form this opinion, and I live no where near Ottawa. It's not like Toronto, but I'm a lot of players would prefer a place like Ottawa over a Toronto, New York or Boston.

Ottawa is a beautiful city. I don't live there anymore, but i wish i could go back every once in a while.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm depressed that we will never be able to pay enormous sums of money to players who weren't worth it to their former clubs. My day is ruined.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
No wonder Corvo wanted to come back to Ottawa, less media coverage than Carolina now. :sarcasm:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
You just this'd your own post :laugh:

What NHL city would you consider "beautiful"?

Montreal, Boston and New York would be the only ones I'd qualify as beautiful that I've been to (never been to Chicago but heard a lot of good thing about it)

Hey don't get me wrong, I love Ottawa; I just wouldn't call it beautiful

It's nice and quiet, that's how I like it

Real beautiful cities are places like Rome, Prague, Barcelona etc...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad