Ottawa 67's 2021-22 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
I can see this team being very interesting in that if some of these unknowns become surprises we could be at least 500 this year.

Captain Matier
Assistant Tolnai, Belanger

I would love to see Robertson be a surprise finally and Tolnai a point a game player....

Sirizotti will score, gill Shane will be a real hard worker, euros will be good, not top line though,

Cranley will be fine, average.

Rookies will be better then we thought.

Coaching will get the best out of these players.
500 club.

Reactions: OHLoutsider2020

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I can see this team being very interesting in that if some of these unknowns become surprises we could be at least 500 this year.

Captain Matier
Assistant Tolnai, Belanger

I would love to see Robertson be a surprise finally and Tolnai a point a game player....

Sirizotti will score, gill Shane will be a real hard worker, euros will be good, not top line though,

Cranley will be fine, average.

Rookies will be better then we thought.

Coaching will get the best out of these players.
500 club.

A lot of teams are int he same boat as Ottawa because they didn’t have a setup year last season. By set up year, I mean a year where they are able to tweak their rosters in a way that sets them up a little better for the following year. I think this may level the playing field a little. The top 2-3 teams will more than likely be the top 2-3 teams. We probably have the bottom 2 teams as well that were set up for last year and have a ton of graduating players.

That means spots between 4 and 8 are pretty much are pretty much a deck shuffle of unknowns. I believe that is where Ottawa is going to live this season. If EVERYTHING that could go right, goes right, then maybe they snag a top 3 spot but that would be rather fortunate for sure.

OHLoutsider2020

Aug 30, 2019
Ottawa will be just fine. Starts in backend with Cranley, Matier, Belanger and the rest of D core. Goals will always be a premium but if your team can defend and keep teams to 3 or less goals a game you have a contender.

Boys up front will score. Tolnai, Beck , Gaidamak, and Varga will all lead the offence but lots of potential up front to surprise a few. Someone will step up in a big way, just not sure who.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa will be just fine. Starts in backend with Cranley, Matier, Belanger and the rest of D core. Goals will always be a premium but if your team can defend and keep teams to 3 or less goals a game you have a contender.

Boys up front will score. Tolnai, Beck , Gaidamak, and Varga will all lead the offence but lots of potential up front to surprise a few. Someone will step up in a big way, just not sure who.

Our forwards combined have a total of 44 OHL goals. That includes Varga’s 14 in 165 career games and Tolnai’s 11 in 108 games. The next highest is 7!

I’m fine with the defence and goaltending. I think we will be pretty strong back there on the goal prevention side. If the forwards can chip in defensively, I think Cranley could put up a pretty solid statistics year.

The goal scoring will be a challenge. There is not one single player you can look at and suggest they have 30 goals on their stick. We may end up with guys that score 30 but it would be more of a surprise.

Where this team may excel is balanced scoring. I could see us having 9 or 10 guys scoring 15-20 goals. I think we have enough overall talent up front to generate offence but no real engine. We’ll have to play really good team games and a full 60 minutes.

If Cameron can bring out the best in these players, they may be able to get home ice advantage in round one. I don’t think this team will be playoff cannon fodder.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Robinson to me is sort of lucky. Cameron will give him a clear sheet to prove himself. The question is will he be able to do well enough to make the team or will he be traded or let go to make way for a rookie.
The same with Varga.
Both of these guys may be here but I think that unless they prove themselves and show that they have a reason to be here this year they could be gone.

Moldenhauer does not surprise me Gaidumak definitley

As to Roher you can not compare him to or expect Rossi's rookie stats. Rossi played on a line that had fehlbaer Keating and Sasha on it.

That said it will be interesting to see who he gets put on a line with.

This is team that people are going to have no expectations I think that if the leaders on this team stand up and take control it is going to surprise a lot of teams on the ice and make fans very happy.

No they are not going ot be the offensive juggernaut but Cameron will have them play sound hockey.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Just watched the steam of the first period of team black vs red. Red were the better bunch but really hard to see the player names. A few comments
1- Matier team red is huge
2- Sirizzotti team red also looked big
3-Beck team red scored nice goal and was playing center fwiw
4- I think Sawyer ( not sure but looked like him) put a player over the boards. Between him, Matier and Gill-Shane I don't think our D will be a joy to play against
5- #16 red caught my eye. Really fast skater, good stickhandling and scored on a lightning quick release. Not big and couldn't tell his name but impressed me.
Too bad they don't have commentators to help sort out the players.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Second period also dominated by red. #16 again stood out, set up a goal and his puck control and passing are very good. Also great vision and finds the open man. I think it's Giovanni Morneau a late pick 3 yrs ago, so he's an 18 y.o. Anyway he certainly stood out big time...I'd sign him. Wonder though with his size if he's leaning NCAA.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Line ups of the three teams are up. Interestingly neither of the imports are there. I guess they will arrive later as they are locks for the team. Covid related eelays perhaps?

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Just caught the end of the second of the black/white game. Stonehouse scored and he seems to have a great motor and plays with an edge. Will Gerrior also team black is quite the skater. Cooper Foster ,team white, and Gardiner team bla"ck are big boys for 16y.o.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Line ups of the three teams are up. Interestingly neither of the imports are there. I guess they will arrive later as they are locks for the team. Covid related eelays perhaps?

JB said Gaidamak won’t be in Canada until mid-Sept. Not sure about Rohrer.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Collin MacKenzie earned his 2nd straight shutout this morning in Team reds 5-0 win

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I think Donoso and Mackenzie will be kept for at least the start of the season. Would not surprise me to see them in a fight.

Mackenzie may have an advantage as he is only 16 and would be a better fit for long term goaltending situation as a backup.

Any idea who will be going to NHL camps

Matier
Cranley
Beck
Gil Shane outside shot.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I think Donoso and Mackenzie will be kept for at least the start of the season. Would not surprise me to see them in a fight.

Mackenzie may have an advantage as he is only 16 and would be a better fit for long term goaltending situation as a backup.

Any idea who will be going to NHL camps

Matier
Cranley
Beck
Gil Shane outside shot.

As you are well aware, there is a big difference between training camp scrimmages and Regular season games. In training camp, there are only a couple players per team that can really shoot the puck. You start to condense these teams down into one roster, all of a sudden then pucks start flying at you a lot quicker and with more precision.

We’ve seen kids in training camp that look crazy good because of the average level of competition they are skating with/against. We cannot get too excited about players in training camp. We will get a better idea once the roster is reduced for exhibition.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Pre-season roster is up on the 67's website. No surprises 13 forwards(not including the two imports), 7 defensemen and two goalies (Cranley/Donoso). As Gaidamack/Rohrer are locks I suspect a few will be sent down as I doubt they keep more than 13 forwards. My guess is Foster and Gardiner will be sent down unless there are surprise cuts (Varga/Crete).

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Pre-season roster is up on the 67's website. No surprises 13 forwards(not including the two imports), 7 defensemen and two goalies (Cranley/Donoso). As Gaidamack/Rohrer are locks I suspect a few will be sent down as I doubt they keep more than 13 forwards. My guess is Foster and Gardiner will be sent down unless there are surprise cuts (Varga/Crete).

Pretty much the only way this was going to go down. They have 24 roster players including the two Imports. There’s not much sense in bringing in more players at this point. They’ve signed and committed to these guys.

I’m not too sure if Foster and Gardiner will both be sent down. We don’t know how well all these rookies will adjust. We also don’t know how well the development leagues will be able to develop the prospects. It may be better for them to stay on roster and practise/travel with the team and rotate them into the lineup once a week or so.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
As you are well aware, there is a big difference between training camp scrimmages and Regular season games. In training camp, there are only a couple players per team that can really shoot the puck. You start to condense these teams down into one roster, all of a sudden then pucks start flying at you a lot quicker and with more precision.

We’ve seen kids in training camp that look crazy good because of the average level of competition they are skating with/against. We cannot get too excited about players in training camp. We will get a better idea once the roster is reduced for exhibition.

OMG I fully agree that is why I think we might see the 67's keep 3 goalies for the start of the season and sit Cranley to see how the other 2 do.

What is Tolnai looking like?

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
OMG I fully agree that is why I think we might see the 67's keep 3 goalies for the start of the season and sit Cranley to see how the other 2 do.

What is Tolnai looking like?

They released their pre-season roster. Two goalies. The two they have signed.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
They released their pre-season roster. Two goalies. The two they have signed.
They have now signed Collin Mckenzie as per their website. Both him and Jack Dever added to pre season roster. We now have a 19 y.o (Cranley), 18y.o. (Donoso) and 17y.o. ( Mckenzie) so I think we have a good pipeline of goalies for the next few years and they will all be allowed to develop and not be thrown in too quickly. Really like how the 67's have been developing their young players in recent years. They are not afraid to give them an extra year to develop...Quinn, Sirizzotti, Gill-Shane etc. I suspect we'll see it again this year with a few of Foster, Gardiner, Dever, Mckenzie.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Derek Smyth a big D also added to pre season roster. Do they need to be signed to play in pre season?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
With the three goalies now signed, it will be interesting to see what they do with Cranley. If both Donoso and MacKenzie perform well and this team is “just” average this year, it may make sense to dangle Cranley leading up to the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad