Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Let me guess, last one to get the joke? It was directed at OMG 67 for a reason as in the Guelph Thread before this recent round started he was implying us in the West are a little selective in the way we view the OHL. OMG 67 and I have spoken occasionally and he would appreciate what it was a little poke back.

But excuse me of course your 54 total messages clearly indicate that you have built many great in depth relationships. So many in fact you totally know everything about me.
I see you can't read either and no I am not the least bit interesred in knowiing everything about you.

Reactions: Buttsy

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
Hey omg67 there is no video of the titanic sinking, but it did sink. I was at the game, don't need video for authentication. I saw what happened and #2, won't honour him by mentioning his name. He did throw punches and a vicious elbow, but I guess from your comfortable easy chair miles away nothing happened because You didn't see it. Just wondering how long have you been watching sports, and how often have you missed things that did happen. You seem to be suggesting that there are untruths being stated, is this correct?
You remind of of overager that used to post on various Kitchener Ranger forums, I'm right, you're wrong, .

Reactions: bert

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
if you've been involved in sport for any length of time (not just as a spectator) you know that many things get missed in the course of action. It was a good hit, likely followed by some antics by all parties involved, little clutching and grabbing, pulling of a jersey and comment or two made. I'm sure Hoef was just trying to make Nico feel like he was part of the game ;-)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Hey omg67 there is no video of the titanic sinking, but it did sink. I was at the game, don't need video for authentication. I saw what happened and #2, won't honour him by mentioning his name. He did throw punches and a vicious elbow, but I guess from your comfortable easy chair miles away nothing happened because You didn't see it. Just wondering how long have you been watching sports, and how often have you missed things that did happen. You seem to be suggesting that there are untruths being stated, is this correct?
You remind of of overager that used to post on various Kitchener Ranger forums, I'm right, you're wrong, .

All we are saying is even with video evidence there is always disagreement of what did or didn't happen, how severe it is and whether there is any warranted additional discipline required. Without video, it is hard for anyone to simply take someone's word for it when even with video evidence not everyone agrees. At least with video evidence I can formulate my own opinion as opposed to just accept someone else's opinion.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Huge game tonight, almost feels like the winner tonight will win the series.

67's win and they essentially step on the Storm's neck. 'Cardiac kids' or not, they aren't winning 3 in a row (including 2 in Ottawa), especially with Bahl coming back at some point in this series.

Guelph wins and they may plant a seed of doubt in Andree's (and the rest of the team) head and turn it into a best 2 out of 3. Will still be tough for them because the 67's are a different team on home ice, but that seed of doubt may be enough for them to move on.

Reactions: sirius67fan

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013

67's win and they essentially step on the Storm's neck. 'Cardiac kids' or not, they aren't winning 3 in a row (including 2 in Ottawa), especially with Bahl coming back at some point in this series.

Guelph wins and they may plant a seed of doubt in Andree's (and the rest of the team) head and turn it into a best 2 out of 3. Will still be tough for them because the 67's are a different team on home ice, but that seed of doubt may be enough for them to move on.
Yes likely a pivotal game in this series as I can't see Guelph coming back again down 3-1. Pretty even up to now so should be an exciting tilt. We need a big game from Andree and get back to skating.

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario

"Not winning 3 in a row" those are exact same words that London then Saginaw fans said. They said "they won't win in our barn. I believe someone forgot to give the Storm boys that message. Or maybe they chose to ignore the message and show that they can win in any arena.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
"Not winning 3 in a row" those are exact same words that London then Saginaw fans said. They said "they won't win in our barn. I believe someone forgot to give the Storm boys that message. Or maybe they chose to ignore the message and show that they can win in any arena.

Ottawa is better than London and Saginaw. Proof will be in the pudding I suppose, but if the 67's win tonight I'm betting everything short of my house they close it out.

I'm certainly not feeling that confident about a win tonight though, Guelph in their own barn with our backup (even as good as CA is) is going to be extremely tough.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Ottawa is better than London and Saginaw. Proof will be in the pudding I suppose, but if the 67's win tonight I'm betting everything short of my house they close it out.

I'm certainly not feeling that confident about a win tonight though, Guelph in their own barn with our backup (even as good as CA is) is going to be extremely tough.

CA is not a back up goalie - perhaps an alternate goalie. Can't be an excuse, as the 67's were running all over the eastern conference before the trade as well. His numbers are about equal, and he played more games and minutes. He is a top 10 in the league, and a starter on probably 15 other teams in the league, including Guelph. If Ottawa does not win the series, I can't see a scenario where he is the issue, or anyone can blame it on being out goaltended. I don't think you were intending to be critical of CA, and don't let that creep in as an excuse either.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Three of four goals a direct result of a poor pass leading to a turnover.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
67's are playing slow - they've stopped skating, and are trying to make pretty plays all over the ice instead. It's not going so well. The sooner they get back to playing with some speed and urgency the better off they will be...

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Tourigny will also have to think about his line match-ups for Game 5. Guelph's top line has just been abusing us for two games straight - we have no answer for them, and need to find one quickly.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Tourigny will also have to think about his line match-ups for Game 5. Guelph's top line has just been abusing us for two games straight - we have no answer for them, and need to find one quickly.

Toropchenko is a third liner and has 4 goals in the last two. I hope no one continues to question Guelph's depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad