Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Tyler Ennis signs with the Sens (1 year, $900k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
this is going to be one of those situations where a guy just pops off 40 points because who else is gonna do it

as an example:

tyler ennis with the senators 2 years ago
Sens problem last year wasnt really scoring... finished 19th in the league and just 5 goals out of 15th. Not a powerhouse, but we did just fine - especially considering a 26th ranked PP. With development from our young player, I suspect we'll be in that 15-20 range again.... without a ton of reliance on Ennis. He should pick up some opportunity on the PP, though.

Reactions: BlueSeal

member 334057

Always liked Ennis when he was with the Sabres, glad to see he's still getting a chance to play somewhere.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I had to check his age, I cant believe he's only 32. I feel like he should be in his 40's, good for him getting another shot though.

I suppose that it just feels like the Sabres havent had a good team in 25 years.
For some reason I thought he was older as well.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I liked Ennis in Edmonton hard-working player that is not scared to go into the hard areas

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I had to check his age, I cant believe he's only 32. I feel like he should be in his 40's, good for him getting another shot though.

I suppose that it just feels like the Sabres havent had a good team in 25 years.

My thoughts exactly and he just turned 32 2 days ago.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
The guy is super versatile, and dirt cheap. This is a good move for Ottawa.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
this is going to be one of those situations where a guy just pops off 40 points because who else is gonna do it

as an example:

tyler ennis with the senators 2 years ago

For some reason it needs to be explained but Stutzle, Batherson, Norris, Pinto and Formenton weren't regulars in Ottawa in 2019-20. Tkachuk also had just turned 20 y/o in September

It's possible that Ennis puts 40 pts but he'll have to fight for ice-time with much more talent than 2 seasons ago. The Senators are not 100% finished rebuilding because they have a lot more talent outside of the NHL for now but they are much farther ahead than 2 years ago

I think; in this situation. Its Brady messing around with Ottawa.

I'd say it's more Melnyk internal politicies messing around with Tkachuk and Dorion. The GM probably offered 8 x 8, Brady's camp then asked "ok great but how much in signing bonuses" and Dorion uncomfortably answering "0$"

But frankly, Tkachuk's agent didn't need to ask, he already knew how Melnyk wants to operate, which is differently from other teams and which makes signing star players a really hard task.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad