Proposal: OTT & MIN (minor trade)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah I think that works for Minnesota. Change of scenery deal on two expiring contracts.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
As soon as I saw the title, I knew what the deal was. I have actually made the same proposal!

Personally, I think it makes a ton of sense... but the fact that it hasn't happened yet makes me think there must be some reason why.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinRedkey

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
As soon as I saw the title, I knew what the deal was.

I have actually made the same proposal!

Personally, I think it makes a ton of sense... but the fact that it hasn't happened yet makes me think there must be some reason why.

I think part of the reason is Chris Tierney like Rask won't play. It's been reported that our coach value Freddy G as the 2c between fiala because of the turnovers and carelessness of puck handlings by fiala. Apparently because defensively Freddy is so good defensively , our coach dean Evason won't move him off fiala line or is willing to to demote him to 4th line

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Was about to ask why OTT would do that, then realized that they could save a bit of cash, while MN would save a bit of cap. Maybe it's such a small thing that neither team wants to disturb the players for such a small gain.... in other words, out of respect for the player.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I don't think there's a spot on the Sens roster moving forward for Rask, so I'm not sure getting an audition matters all that much.

I get the logic of moving out Tierney and trying out something different, especially since it seems like getting futures isn't in the cards at this point, but this is shuffling the deck chairs for the sake of it and I'm not sure either team is interested in that.

Reactions: xVolchenkov

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
No idea why Minny would be interested in a low-event center with an issue with lack of pace, intensity and competitiveness.

This Wild team is fast, energetic and high-octane. Polar opposite of what we see in Chris Tierney, I think he’s better utilized to a team like Edmonton that wants a stab at reliable centre as opposed to playing Nuge at 3C.

Idk, just seems like the Wild brass is far, far, FAR too smart to take a player like CT on. Even if it’s an expiring UFA.

Reactions: SensFactor

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No idea why Minny would be interested in a low-event center with an issue with lack of pace, intensity and competitiveness.

This Wild team is fast, energetic and high-octane. Polar opposite of what we see in Chris Tierney, I think he’s better utilized to a team like Edmonton that wants a stab at reliable centre as opposed to playing Nuge at 3C.

Idk, just seems like the Wild brass is far, far, FAR too smart to take a player like CT on. Even if it’s an expiring UFA.
You haven't seen Victor Rask play, i'm guessing.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... neither team wants to disturb the players for such a small gain.... in other words, out of respect for the player.

i get your point, but maybe better this could be better for both guys?
maybe a gift, and an opportunity to better position themselves for UFA?
- Rask has now been waived at least twice, and DFA'd, this season
- Tierney gets to join a winning, playoff-bound team with visibility and big moments

Reactions: Langdon Alger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad