Confirmed Trade: [OTT/CBJ] Duchene and Bergman for Abramov, Davidson, 1st, and Conditional 1st - Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I dont understand this from columbus at all

even with duchene they clearly wont get past the top teams in the east

Maybe their goal is to try to finally win a playoff series?

Imagine they keep Panarin and Brobovski, and still lose in round 1.
If those 2 + Duchene do not re-sign, then they would end up having lost 3-4 1st round picks + several great prospects

Reactions: Leafs87

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I remember for sure a thread on that yes... They were saying rumoured to be at 68M or 70M (cant remember which of the 2) for 7/8 years

We still dont know how offers changed in the previous several days, or what Duchene was looking for.

People say shit like this like its a fact, when its just speculation

Reactions: MacBradley

landfill

Sep 1, 2006
Vancouver
a1022.g.akamai.net
Yes. From
Yes. A completely unpopular move that most of this board, including most CBJ fans, roasted Jarmo for.

Yes. Seems from my view he seems to be a pretty good gm. You never really here people complaining about bad contracts or I'll advised trades from him. Doug MacLean seemed like every month he was up to something silly.

Hope the trade works out for them. Those three free agents should be fairly motivated Also, may affect their payday in the summer if they go on a good run and individually play well.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If those 2 + Duchene do not re-sign, then they would end up having lost 3-4 1st round picks + several great prospects
Imagine if they sell Panarin and Bobrovsky and get a bunch of prospects or late 1sts who don't pan out just like Rychel, Dano, Milano, Carlsson, and almost all of their 2nd round guys.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I thought Carlsson was looking to be a solid 2nd pairing guy?
It may be too early to count him out - although he hasn't looked all that impressive in the AHL - but Harrington and Kukan are playing in the NHL while he is not.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Yes. From

Yes. Seems from my view he seems to be a pretty good gm. You never really here people complaining about bad contracts or I'll advised trades from him. Doug MacLean seemed like every month he was up to something silly.

Hope the trade works out for them. Those three free agents should be fairly motivated Also, may affect their payday in the summer if they go on a good run and individually play well.

He isn't even a GM anymore and I'd say the bolded very much still applies.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
and who is to say what panarin brings back... he may get this level of return and thats not worth it. We have 3 forwards ready to join next year and 2 D and 3 G. Prospects and picks mean shit to us right now. Duchene is one of our oldest players for christ sakes.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I thought Carlsson was looking to be a solid 2nd pairing guy?

Don't worry. Jackets fans assume all of their prospects will be busts until they make the team.

In pre-season Carlsson looked to me like a future #2-#4D. But he's not consistent. Recurring back pain has been an issue for him. I don't know to what degree that is holding him back.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Don't worry. Jackets fans assume all of their prospects will be busts until they make the team.

In pre-season Carlsson looked to me like a future #2-#4D. But he's not consistent. Recurring back pain has been an issue for him. I don't know to what degree that is holding him back.
Gotcha. I remember googling/youtubing him back when there was Duchene to Columbus rumours (except when he was still with the Avs :laugh:)

Eso

Oct 6, 2013
This is a good trade for a rental player. Some people seemed to expect to get a star with term in return for a rental player, that's not how these things work.

Only really rental player under Torts would be some really good schrink who could prescribe him some medicine for not being such a .... Torts...

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Imagine if they sell Panarin and Bobrovsky and get a bunch of prospects or late 1sts who don't pan out just like Rychel, Dano, Milano, Carlsson, and almost all of their 2nd round guys.

Carlsson is not a bust. The first two second rounders (Heatherington and Collins) are busts, but that's not unusual for 2nd rounders. The 2nds since then are Stenlund, Texier, Peeke, Marchenko, Bittner. That's some very good prospects, and very good drafting for 2nd rounders. I know this is all besides your point but I'm going to hack away at lazy narratives every chance I get.

Reactions: Viqsi

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Someone please start keeping track of the Matt Duchene spiderweb of trades. All of the pieces involved in his two trades and what they all turn into.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

Imagine the fan base wanting to watch playoff hockey and not caring about prospects playing in Finland who may be AHL players in 2022

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Bobrovsky probably wouldn't even fetch a 1st rounder - the goalie rental market isn't the same. And if Duchene doesn't get re-signed then you are maybe talking about 2 1sts total between him and Panarin. And is Panarin going to return "several great prospects" by himself?* Because Bob won't return any and Duchene didn't cost any.

*The answer, by the way, is no. The return for Panarin probably wouldn't do that much for Columbus. From everything we've seen, the trade returns don't scale up linearly along with talent.

Losing Panarin is devastating. Losing the return for Panarin is not so important.

Yes. Seems from my view he seems to be a pretty good gm.

Jarmo is one of the best GMs in the league, in my view.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
can't wait to see Torts' comments regarding Duchene when Matt pulls another UBER like stunt.

should be pure gold

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
How does this Ottawa GM get away with one terrible trade after another, probably around 8 in a row now.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
I dont really understand why Columbus did this. Outside of getting to a Conference final, you lose your now 3 best players to UFA and your first round pick. That is a lot for a team that still is imo in that 5-10 spot in the East.

The wise move would have been to trade Panarin and Bobs and have 3+ first round picks going into the draft.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad