Waived: [OTT] Adam Gaudette and Jan Jenik waived by the Senators

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
My reasoning is that Gaudette is 28 and has never scored in the NHL, not gritty or defensive enough for the 4th line. Jenik had energy and grit, but didn't show anything offensively once playing NHL players. Perhaps he isn't a strong defender either.

Considering the great job Staios has done so far I won't doubt him.

I'm not going to overrate players on my team, I predict that both players pass through waivers unclaimed.

edit: I should clarify, I mean never scored at a high level in the NHL. I remember him scoring a few for the Sens a few years ago. Bad wording on my part.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
My reasoning is that Gaudette is 28 and has never scored in the NHL, not gritty or defensive enough for the 4th line. Jenik had energy and grit, but didn't show anything offensively once playing NHL players.

I'm not going to overrate players on my team, and predict that both players pass through waivers.
Smash them together and you have a solid player.

Both Jenik and Gaudette looked good at times in the pre-season, but I guess not good enough..

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
My reasoning is that Gaudette is 28 and has never scored in the NHL, not gritty or defensive enough for the 4th line. Jenik had energy and grit, but didn't show anything offensively once playing NHL players. Perhaps he isn't a strong defender either.

Considering the great job Staios has done so far I won't doubt him.

I'm not going to overrate players on my team, I predict that both players pass through waivers unclaimed.
He has 27 NHL goals

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
In 220 games. 28 year olds don't suddenly get better scoring touch.

Jenik is more likely to get claimed if a team needs energy / agitation.
Never said he had a scoring touch or will find one,
Was more just correcting the fact you said he has zero NHL goals.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Jenik tried his best to make a name for himself this training camp. He’s a possibility to be claimed but he also has a little bit of a bad reputation, and that never helps when you’re a fringe player, looking for a job.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
based off his preseason jenik should get claimed as he is more a 4th line nhler mold wise. With the amount of players on waivers and a handful of interesting names i hope he slips through

i dont see gaudette getting claimed because of the way he plays you almost need a 3rd line spot for him for the old school coaches to get comfortable

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad