OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies etc…Part VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Never said it was. Has he had a 12 win team without Brees? Do you think the Broncos last year or this year should win 10 games? His last year with NOLA he went 9-8 with QB's like Winston/Book/Siemian/Hill. He went 9-3 with Winston/Hill starting at QB.

I'm not even a massive Payton fan but show me the coaches that can rip off 10 wins with garbage rosters. I'm more worried about his roster building at this point honestly. It'll be a massive draft for him this year.
I don't think they should win 10 games, and I doubt they will even be .500 this year... just saying that going .500 or even 9-8 is not good enough. The 12 win year looks more like a fluke than the expectation. I don't think Payton is the worst coach or any where near it... but he has to prove he can win without Brees. That is still very much in the air. Payton can potentially show that, but nothing to this point shows that he can.

Andy Reid can flat out win anywhere. Many of his Eagles teams were lacking, and were still winning. His worst year with KC has been 9 wins, even with Alex Smith as his QB. With a great QB, he's winning Super Bowls. Without great QBs, he's winning divisions and advancing in the playoffs.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Confirmed, 95% of the posters in here are pissed this isn't an 0-17 tank job.

Sounds like video game thinking. Most QBs are around average. Even guys that look very talented can end up with average or worse results. As much as we can act like the NFL is a QB and 21 other dudes, it's not really how it works. Guys like Payton and the richest owners in the league aren't going to accept a team that just dicks around until they find a star QB.
Like I said, I don't know anything, but I do know that QBs are probably the most important job in any sport along with a starting goaler/1st line centre in hockey. You ain't going to win the stupid bowl with averageness and quality QBs are very rarely traded. Bronies got lucky with Manning because the Colts were dumb enough to drop him after his neck injury (and didn't they draft Luck in the same offseason?). The best way is to draft them high and sometimes they need to keep recycling QBs to eventually get to a good one. It happens all the time in sports with head coaches, it just takes longer with QBs due to experience/developing issues.

E: Rarely do QBs even find themselves on the free agent market as well based on what I have seen.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Like I said, I don't know anything, but I do know that QBs are probably the most important job in any sport along with a starting goaler/1st line centre in hockey. You ain't going to win the stupid bowl with averageness and quality QBs are very rarely traded. Bronies got lucky with Manning because the Colts were dumb enough to drop him after his neck injury (and didn't they draft Luck in the same offseason?). The best way is to draft them high and sometimes they need to keep recycling QBs to eventually get to a good one. It happens all the time in sports with head coaches, it just takes longer with QBs due to experience/developing issues.

E: Rarely do QBs even find themselves on the free agent market as well based on what I have seen.
Not really how things work but sure you can believe that. Teams don't draft QBs endlessly because the point isnt to find a star as much as it's to get surplus value over the Cap. Best chance to do that is draft a 1st rounder and hope he works out. Problem is even if he doesn't work out mindless fans and stupid GMs think well I can't let this guy walk for free, let's pay him 50m a year to avoid that. Then you get stuck with the promise of Justin Herbert or the albatross that is Deshaun Watson. Or even worse dead money like Russ or probably Kurt Cousins.

Someday a GM will feel as bulletproof as BB did when he had Brady and make smarter cap decisions. QB is an important role but teams don't win titles with a great QB and a mediocre roster.

Reactions: S E P H

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
You guys are welcome to hop on the Vikings bandwagon if you want to have fun while watching football. The Avs allegiance gets you an invite.

come-to-me-dr-evil.gif

Reactions: dahrougem2

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'm not going to put the first half on Nix too much. The condition must've been pretty bad since Rodgers was pretty trash too.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Ya bastards got rid of the nicest most humble QB that ever existed (Kirk Cousins)

Ha. Finally moving in the right direction as a result. You don't realize how bad it is unless you have to go through it year after year and week after week. I think even Washington fans would tell you the same thing, even as horrible as their last six years have been. Just one of those guys whose good but not good enough to take you to the next level. Vikings won as many playoff games with Case Keenum as they did Kirk Cousins.

The f*** kinda steroids Minny giving Sam Darnold????

The best kind! They're called Kevin O'Connell and Justin Jefferson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad