Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LXII: The Bulls are technically an NBA team

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Who knows what is true, but rumors are that Harper is signing with the Dodgers. So they may be switching their focus. I'm getting the feeling the Sox aren't going to get either. We'll see.
The Dodgers are going to have to trade Kemp and Puig to make that work. I wonder if it's just Boras spreading rumors again. That guy is awful. Due to the CBA, teams can't flatly deny those type of rumors through the media.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yuck

Sounds like Hahn plans to have Palka as fulltime LF , Alonso and Abreu rotating at DH

I don't like how our OF is shaping up
agreeing with you on your point. i guess rf and cf is up to one of the rookies i guess.....

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Also sounds like Indians front office is giddy about the salary relief this trade has brought them

I am not thrilled with Sox being the team to bail out Indians by taking on a average/mediocre 1B so this better lead somewhere like a Machado signing because on its own this is piss poor trade

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Palka - LF
Engel - CF
Delmonico - RF

There is no way in hell Hahn is thinking this is his OF ,, Right?

Also

Sox will be one of 6 teams he meets with

if this help getting MM and it is all the better. but still the OF will still have a problem. where to play Eloy Jimenez . he will need to have a OF position considering how and why the sox didn't bring him up at the end of last season.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Also sounds like Indians front office is giddy about the salary relief this trade has brought them

I am not thrilled with Sox being the team to bail out Indians by taking on a average/mediocre 1B so this better lead somewhere like a Machado signing because on its own this is piss poor trade
while i can hope for a better way to utilize that position .... however stat wise, he is productive .... will he be the player last yr.... hope not. will he be the player of 2 yrs, i sure hope so.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I really don't like Engel or Delmonico so hopefully they are not slated to be regular OF's though I suspect Engel will be our starting CF

And Palka isn't a good enough fielder and should be DH

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
while i can hope for a better way to utilize that position .... however stat wise, he is productive .... will he be the player last yr.... hope not. will he be the player of 2 yrs, i sure hope so.

He better be a lot more then that considering Indians can now keep Kluber and Bauer instead of having to deal one of them because of financial considerations

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Yuck

Sounds like Hahn plans to have Palka as fulltime LF , Alonso and Abreu rotating at DH

I don't like how our OF is shaping up

Alonso is miles better than Abreu defensively at 1B, so I would assume he plays more there. Would be nice to actually have a competent 1B that will help Timmy, Moncada, etc save some errors.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I really don't like Engel or Delmonico so hopefully they are not slated to be regular OF's though I suspect Engel will be our starting CF

And Palka isn't a good enough fielder and should be DH
i agree.....

however the team will need to trade Delmonico , but i would love the team to get a cf via fa, like Adam Jones or even Michael Brantley who can play CF.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Who are you talking about?

Because it certainly doesn't describe Moncada

+6 DRS says otherwise. He wasn't other worldly but not nearly as bad as you claim. Hell, Anderson was bad in '17 himself before becoming slightly above average last season (although you can equate some of that to the off the field stuff too).

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No he was every bit as terrible a player as I have said he is

A joke in the field and at plate

We should expect better then a below average talent when giving away one of the best pitchers in game signed to amazing deal. If Moncada is the same shitty player next year the Sox need to move on and cut losses on what is easily one of the worst trades in franchise history

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

We should expect better then a below average talent when giving away one of the best pitchers in game signed to amazing deal. If Moncada is the same ****ty player next year the Sox need to move on and cut losses on what is easily one of the worst trades in franchise history
for me, i am more concern with his strikeout rate or ratio vs his batting avg .....

Yoan Moncada Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

We should expect better then a below average talent when giving away one of the best pitchers in game signed to amazing deal. If Moncada is the same ****ty player next year the Sox need to move on and cut losses on what is easily one of the worst trades in franchise history

You know you did have a good week with your takes and even sprinkled in some positivity! It was fun while it lasted...

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Sorry but you cant spin Moncada as anything but trash at this point

And it is one of the worst trades in franchise history at this point

They could've gotten Benintendi and it would've still been labeled bad. Sox were at a disadvantage with Sale. When you trade a walking HOF away, you are gonna lose the deal regardless.

Bulls were down by 25 to Spurs. And came back to win. :eek:

No LaVine, that's why. Right @Rooh? ;)

In all seriousness, Kris Dunn is a dawg.

Reactions: Rooh

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
BS especially with contract that Sale had. I didn't want prospects and didn't like trade when it happened

You don't trade away an elite left handed starting pitcher signed to great deal for what the package we went after

Sox wanted lotto tickets not young ML talent and passed up other deals to take Red Sox because Hahn wanted Moncada

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It's amazing what an actual point guard can do for a team.

Lavine and Markkanen will become far more efficient players with the ball in Dunn's hands. They'll have open shots. You can see how Dunn helps Lopez in the paint too. That should translate well for Carter when he gets stronger and a more consistent shot.

I'll credit Boylen in getting the Bulls to play actual defense. It was the reason they won last night. That said, he and Paxson better repair their relationships with the players. Their credibility is still crap among the NBA players. Otherwise, they should be gone by next year.

I'll say it again ... Dunn is the most important player on the Bulls right now. Not because he is their best player. It's because he sets the tone on defense and offense. If Dunn can get Markkanen and Lavine open looks, the Bulls will start winning games ... which isn't good for our lottery prospects.

That said, I would call the Celtics for a Lavine / Harrison for Jaylen Brown / Terry Rozier trade. The Celtics aren't re signing Rozier and Brown is struggling (might need to take another contract). Lavine gives the Celtics a lot more shooting and a possible third scoring option to Kyrie and Tatum. Hayward is okay but will never be the player he once was.

While a Brown and Dunn backcourt can't shoot, if the Bulls can draft (Reddish) and sign some shooters next year, it could make it an interesting team. Rozier and Portis would make the bench excellent.

The Celtics have 3 first rounders in the teens to replenish their roster summer. That's also part of the equation for trading Brown and Rozier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad