OT: OT-what he doesn’t know is this is a buck and a quarter quarter staff

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Well, some good news finally. I reached out to a few people on my network, including an old boss who happens to live in Allentown.

Turns out, he started a new startup since our last time around, and they need someone who does what I do.

Got offered today, even got a raise on my last job (the one I was laid off from last summer) Nothing is official yet, but I plan on accepting tomorrow barring any last minute setbacks.

But....I will say, its nice to get a win. The last ~13 months have been rough. Was worried that I'd have to take a sizable pay cut and set my career growth back a decade or so.

Being laid off from a job I was just promoted in and was planning on staying long term, to the absolute shithole tech job market, to everything with my dad, to getting fired, essentially, for having my outside life affect my job.

I'm hoping this is the first in a long string of wins for me and my family. We just found out my MIL has breast cancer, but initial signs are good that its very treatable and should have a decent survival rate. But still, was part of the rough patch, especially after going through it with my dad.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Well, some good news finally. I reached out to a few people on my network, including an old boss who happens to live in Allentown.

Turns out, he started a new startup since our last time around, and they need someone who does what I do.

Got offered today, even got a raise on my last job (the one I was laid off from last summer) Nothing is official yet, but I plan on accepting tomorrow barring any last minute setbacks.

But....I will say, its nice to get a win. The last ~13 months have been rough. Was worried that I'd have to take a sizable pay cut and set my career growth back a decade or so.

Being laid off from a job I was just promoted in and was planning on staying long term, to the absolute shithole tech job market, to everything with my dad, to getting fired, essentially, for having my outside life affect my job.

I'm hoping this is the first in a long string of wins for me and my family. We just found out my MIL has breast cancer, but initial signs are good that its very treatable and should have a decent survival rate. But still, was part of the rough patch, especially after going through it with my dad.
Stiff upper lip and good luck. You have the right attitude to get through all this!

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA

Best wishes that it all comes to fruition quickly for you Matt. Congrats on the job.

Reactions: brian_griffin

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
My boss is falling apart at the seams. He was never a great communicator, but between yesterday and today, I had 3 surprises from him, 2 of which were the direct result of him not sharing information with me, and the other was him trying to make me pick up another full-time duty on top of the two I already have. I pushed back on that and he quickly relented. He retires at the end of June, but man does that feel a lifetime away right now.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
My boss is falling apart at the seams. He was never a great communicator, but between yesterday and today, I had 3 surprises from him, 2 of which were the direct result of him not sharing information with me, and the other was him trying to make me pick up another full-time duty on top of the two I already have. I pushed back on that and he quickly relented. He retires at the end of June, but man does that feel a lifetime away right now.
you mean July, right? or June of next year?

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
USA Eagles (19th in the world) tied hosts France (4th) in Olympic Rugby 7s this morning.

Awesome result that should go a long way towards getting us into the knockout round.

🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲

Edit: Second game didn't go well. 38-12 loss to defending gold medalist Fiji. Need to beat Uruguay tomorrow to advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainshot

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Hey guys, we really screwed up. To show you how unhappy we are with ourselves: **** you.
C'mon that would get me a foot long pizza sub, a foot long salami and pickles sub with a chef salad for the next day. They only cost me over 1k as I had customers not arrive from Australia due to flight cancellations

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hey guys, we really screwed up. To show you how unhappy we are with ourselves: **** you.

Is it really a surprise that the “we got you employees pizza for lunch instead of a raise” corporate culture has now spilled over into “hey we got you guys Pizza for our massive outage and billions of dollars of economic damage“corporate culture?

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Is it really a surprise that the “we got you employees pizza for lunch instead of a raise” corporate culture has now spilled over into “hey we got you guys Pizza for our massive outage and billions of dollars of economic damage“corporate culture?

Not at all. And that so sad.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
IMG_1103.jpeg

Everyone meet coco. Our new domestic couch hippo.

Attachments

• IMG_1103.jpeg
    IMG_1103.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 0

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Addicts are amusing. Especially when they decide to garage sale things. I got an iPad and a high end massager for $120, Instead of paying $1500+.

And no, none of these things were stolen, which is why I bought them.
Addiction will make people do some things that would never do if they weren’t in the throes of addiction. I know I did some really dumb shit for mine. To be fair you’re probably referring to a very different addiction than what I went through. But all addictions are still widely misunderstood and not treated properly, especially with how people view them in society. There are also a lot of addictions people/society don’t view as an addiction but 100% are.

No issues with what you said. Just sharing my thoughts. And if this darn thread reloads one more time to where I have to type the second part of message I’m going to scream….

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Addiction will make people do some things that would never do if they weren’t in the throes of addiction. I know I did some really dumb shit for mine. To be fair you’re probably referring to a very different addiction than what I went through. But all addictions are still widely misunderstood and not treated properly, especially with how people view them in society. There are also a lot of addictions people/society don’t view as an addiction but 100% are.

No issues with what you said. Just sharing my thoughts. And if this darn thread reloads one more time to where I have to type the second part of message I’m going to scream….

Without saying anything to get me in trouble, there’s a reason it was cheap. And had it been things I wasn’t interested in, I wouldn’t have got them.

The unfortunate drawback is although they’re functioning members of society, I deal with them being idiots for the weekend. Like “banging on my window at 4am” idiocy. Like I know them off of their thing, so there’s not problems there. It’s just the ignoring my imposed rules that is a problem. It gets interesting when the couple are addicts and try to hide things from each other though.

I was once one. Communicate to your partner, especially when you’re both the same person. But now this person has to explain to their partner eventually why these two things are gone, and they’re not in a pawn shop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad