TV: Orphan Black - BBC America's New Series

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I hope the sharks win but if they don't I think I've made my peace with it. Tonight feels like a formality, which is why depending on where the game goes, I might skip the ending for Orphan Black. I don't even call this a choke either. The sharks were just beaten by a better team.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Man a lot of things happened in that episode. It wasn't as good as the last three weeks, but it felt like we are running towards the end of the season now and storylines are starting to be wrapped up. The main storyline was Evie and Rachel's excellent take down of her. That was very much in characters that Sarah and Rachel couldn't trust each other and each had their own motivations for getting Evie out. I'm actually glad we got to see Rachel's plan, considering what Evie told her a few episodes ago about never having a clone in power. Yeah the recording thing is starting to be a little cliche, but it was awesome here, considering what we know about the other characters.

I'm so glad Helena came back, but that felt very Du ex machina to me. She comes when the Hendrixes really need her, and it made her coming back from the wilderness make me wonder why she was there at all. Yeah I get it was to stay away and take care of her pregnancy, but it almost felt like we should have seen her a few episodes ago in that hut or even a mention of Helena. Still, seeing Helena is great always and she has a great aim for the bow and arrow. Because it was Helena I was pretty much ok with the whole thing.

The main thing about this episode though was the very end, and:

[spoil]DELPHINE IS ALIVE!!!! I think it was a given at this point, but I'm so glad we saw her in this episode to set up the finale. I also like that it was her hacking Rachel's eye, or at least that's how I interpreted the scene. [/spoil]

I'm really looking forward to the Finale, but it feels like there's a lot of things it needs to cover to the point where it should be a 90 minute finale instead of the normal 60. We'll see what happens though. Can't believe this season is almost over. These ten episode seasons go quickly.

Last edited:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Good news, but also sad that it will end after next season.

I think it's great news all the way around. They wanted a 5 season show so this series will end organically. Also Tat must be tired of doing all these characters now. She plays them so well but it has to be really exhausting. I wonder what she is going to do next. She is already doing a movie on the Boston Bombing and I thought I read she was asked about Star Wars but I hope whatever happens next keeps her in the limelight. I'm looking forward to anything she may be in.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
That was a great finale. Yes we got cliffhangers, but I thought we also got some optimism to the point where the cliffhangers don't feel that bad to me. We got to see Cosima and Delphine together in a very human scene. We got the hope that Cosima has the cure (Or at least that's what I'm going to believe until the fifth season premiere) and she and Delphine will figure it out together, as it's always been and meant to me. Susan might not be dead, even though man she lost a lot of blood.

With that though, we did get some insane cliffhangers. I have a feeling Sarah will be saved in the first few minutes of the premiere, but that was a hell of a scene with her and Rachel. Rachel has always been a ruthless, power-hungry egotist and Maslany played her perfectly here. I'm actually excited to see the return of Season 2 Rachel next season. And especially when Sarah stuck a pencil in Rachel's eye, Rachel considers this very personal, while grabbing power and I'm very interested to see where that story goes.

I think if there was one thing this finale could have done better, and I knew this was a possibility because there was a lot that went on this season, I felt Helena and Alison got the short shrift. I know Helena is kind of mobile-less right now with the baby, but I missed seeing the psycho killer here. I actually wonder if it had made more sense if Alison had gone with Sarah to the Island. She's good with the gun, and she said she was ready to really get involved in what was going on. I'm also surprised this season kind of ignored her becoming a member of the school board. It felt like she won, but it became a non-story as this season went on. I think I can live with it because like I said, I think there might have been too much going on. Maybe the writers just filled too many eggs in the basket and decided to drop some of the non-important storylines, like the Proletheans, the school board, and have Mark and Gracie living out whatever lives they have left. I almost want to see a streamed line version of the show where what we saw here was like Season 3 and Season 2 set that stuff up.

Other than that, I really loved this season, and I loved this finale. Now that we're getting the final season, I think they put the pieces in motion to the point where we are at an endgame and that really excites me. It excites me that it will come down to clone club vs. the Proclone and it excites me where they go with the bots/clones story. I'm always optimistic about this show and I think when all is said and done, Orphan Black will go into my top 5 sci fi series of all time, along with shows like Farscape, Star Trek DS9 and TNG, and Babylon 5.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Just caught up. Wow, what a great finale, and I'm happy to hear that both the show will be back for another season, and that it will be the final one. It's bittersweet. But I love when a show runs its course and wraps up on a high note rather than drag out plot lines.

Great to see Rachel as the villain again. She is perfect. Loved when Krystal tells Sarah she is a 7 on a good day. :laugh:

Sad that the season is already done and I have to wait another year to see it wrap up.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Tatiana Maslany has finally won an Emmy for Oustanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her work in Orphan Black. :handclap::handclap::handclap:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Final season june 10!

Yep. I have been rewatching the series and got to the Season 4 premiere last night. When you watch the series is such a short amount of time, that Season 4 premiere episode becomes all the more brilliant. Everything they did with Beth that season was awesome. It's probably why Season 4 was my favorite of the series, and a nice bounce back from the mediocre season 3.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
so excited this is almost here!!

I'm torn about it coming to a close. Happy because I can't wait to see it play out, and don't want them to drag the series on too long like some shows do; but obviously sad because when this season is over, it's all over.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
so excited this is almost here!!

I'm torn about it coming to a close. Happy because I can't wait to see it play out, and don't want them to drag the series on too long like some shows do; but obviously sad because when this season is over, it's all over.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Tat will do next. I actually just saw Two Lovers and a Bear and while the movie itself left a lot to be desired, she was pretty good in it.

I will miss the rest of the cast though. I've really liked Jordan Gavaris in this series and I hope to see him again in a movie or another series even if it's a guest star role. He's a really good actor who can go in and out of accents really well.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Tonight, my rewatch brought me to the three episodes of Season 4 I was very much looking forward to seeing again, Episode 6 (The death of Kendell), Episode 7 (Sarah and Beth on the Bridge), and Episode 8 (Jesus Christ Superstar, Mrs. S goes badass on Duko).

These three episodes really were a roller coaster of emotions while still advancing the Orphan Black mythos in so many major ways. I love season 4, and I think the reason why I consider this the best season of the show was because it took the mystery of season 1 and basically unraveled it, even though it made the Proleathean storyline in Season 2 almost obsolete. I wonder if we will see the Proleatheans again in Season 5 or were they basically a one off storyline that went up in flames like the Farm did.

With that being said, I'm so glad I was able to fit these episodes in tonight. This really is Orphan Black firing on all cylinders, and once you get to the Jesus Christ Superstar scene and Duko getting offed, you can't help but cheer because the emotional ringer you've been through with the leda clones made that scene feel earned.

Also, those bridge scenes might make me cry every time. When Beth says "Bring us together Sarah, we Need You", that's just so sad, but then MK visits Kira and things might start looking up.
I really really love this series, and this rewatch is making me think when all is said and done, Orphan Black might be a top 5 series for me of all time.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The Final Trip officially begins tonight. I've seen the first episode at an advanced screening and I absolutely loved it. Really fascinated by where they story will go this season already and I really hope the writers stick the landing well.

By the way, can we get a mod to change the title of this thread to just Orphan Black or Orphan Black - The Final Trip? It's no longer BBC America's new series.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Good job, Sarah. You got the Finnish clone killed! :rant:

I didn't feel Sarah in this episode. I thought she got somewhat abusive trying to get Kira into the Van.

I didn't really like this episode at the time but I rewatched it and found it a lot better. I still think it will either improve or become not all that great depending on how the rest of the season turns out. This episode felt like jump starting where Season 5 will go from here on out.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I enjoy Donnie & Allison; but I felt like that was more of a filler episode. I hope that it all ties in, but when there are only so many episodes left, I feel like we should be moving closer to answers every week.

Any new Orphan Black though is always a good thing.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
We got our first "Holy Crap" episode of the season and it was an Alison episode no less. This episode had all the elements I loved about Season 4, the flashbacks, the realizations, and the holy crap moment that was Alison meeting Rachel for the first time and turning the tables on her. I thought I was done with Alison because a lot of her episodes tend to be of the comic relief veriety, but this was an amazing episode of the series, and whats better is it felt like a final season episode.

One of the things I loved about season 4 was the idea that the series was coming full circle, and it felt like that was what happened here with Alison. We see Flashbacks of her drug abuse while still being a contributor to Baily Downs and I loved that first meeting between her and Cosima. I almost wish it was a little longer, but it felt so true to who Alison was as a character. I also loved seeing Angsley again, and as someone who watched the entire series before season 5 started, this episode had an "Arrow" moment for me, meaning the current season rewarding the person who binged watched the series before said moment. I didn't think I wanted to see the Angsley death brought back up, but it was used perfectly here, making Alison realize what kind of person she had become and why she is deciding to go away for a while.

As for that scene with Rachel, that is right up there with the Duko death scene and the bridge scene last season. This was Alison finally being very useful and considering they had never met before, this was everything I wanted that scene to be. Talking about the series coming full circle, I think if I rewatch this series again in a year or two and see this episode maybe a couple weeks after season the episode where Leekie was actually killed, the powerfulness of that scene might strengthen.

I said on Facebook that clone club needed a victory of some kind this week. I say they got one, and that's the kind of episode I'm hoping for every week from here on out. No, not the feeling of getting a victory every week, but the feeling of the series coming to an end and things coming full circle, and wrapping up. If we don't see Alison again this season, I think I'm ok with that because this episode did an amazing job wrapping up her story.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Ever since I found the Orphan Black community on Reddit, I really haven't posted much here about the series, and also it seems like the interest here is pretty low anyway. Still, after last night's episode I wanted to bring this thread back up just to say how freaking insane that was. That was the best episode of the season, but it might be one of the best episodes of the series. The way everything came together showing Rachel's past and her realization that she's been played all this time was really well done. Rachel might have just become the most interesting character on the show, if she wasn't already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad