TV: Orphan Black - BBC America's New Series

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
I still think that it's going to turn out that Sarah is the "original" and the rest are clones of her. The fact that Beth couldn't have kids and the Anal one with ocd (i forget her name) had to adopt kids is telling. I also still think Felix and Sarah adoptive mom is in on it. Like she was originally their watcher or whatever then decided to split with them.

Auguste McEscoffier

Oct 20, 2009
I have never been a fan, let alone watched a science fiction series, but after the first episode I became a big fan of this show. The cynic in my expects the show to 'jump the shark' next season, though. I will enjoy the ride until then.

I hope Tatiana Maslany wins a Gemini for best leading actress. The fact she can make a Canadian (Allison) fake a British accent terribly, yet nail it when being Sarah, it displays how talented she is.

Not bad for a Prairie girl.

Edit: I like your theory, Lost Horizons. I do not trust Ms. S.

Last edited:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Glad you guys like it :D

Do you work on the series, or know Tatiana Meslany personally? If it's the ladder tell her she's amazing in this series and deserves an Emmy nomination.

Other than that, why are you so happy. I haven't seen this last week's episode yet but this thread isn't that active so there's only a few on here watching. Looking forward to this last week's episode and this weeks. I'm thinking we are close to the season finale, and I'm happy that we're getting a season 2.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Just watched the episode, and another good one. I hope it doesn't devolve into a "Who's my monitor" conspiracy but once again things get put on top of other developments and I still feel like each episode is offering minor payoffs and keeping things interesting. Loved the stuff at the Party, and Paul finally is becoming an interesting character. I really hope we're done with Vic for the rest of the season.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Holy Crap this episode was amazing. I'm not sure what's in store for the next season, but this season has been so awesome that this might be the best show I'm watching on TV. Things got so much deeper tonight further developing last week's developments with the neo-evolution and now I can even see this as a Evolution vs. Religious theme, which is a lot better than what I had feared. The stuff with Helena was terrific, and I think she might be my favorite of the clones. Maslany has portrayed everyone so well, but man her role as Helana deserves her some Emmy love. Unfortunately she isn't going to get it, but it's such a joy to watch her act.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
It's interesting how moods change week in and week out. I've been watching 2/3rds of BBC America's Supernatural Saturday (Anyone else watch Nerdist because I don't. Is it any good) and it's felt like ever since Orphan Black started, I've much prefered OB to Doctor Who. Well, this week was different in that it was the Doctor Who Season Finale and things had to be resolved. I wasn't sure when I would watch Orphan Black, if I should let the Doctor Who finale just sink in and watch OB a few days later.

Well, I decided to watch OB tonight, and I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should just move on from Doctor Who. While I enjoyed DW's finale, Orphan Black blew it out of the water in so many ways. The big way was just the tightness of the storytelling. Doctor Who's finale felt rushed and incomplete. Orphan Black is building on it's story and each and every week I feel like I'm being rewarded for watching.

Case in point this week's episode. Holy Crap that was fantastic. If last week widened the spectrum to the whole conspiracy plot, this week tightened it to focus back on the clones and how their lives have been turned upside down because of it. We have Sarah, trying to keep a sense of normalcy, Allison, who in my opinion was the star this week, Helena who still continues to be an outstanding character, and Cosima who I really wish they would make her into more than just a Science geek. It seems like out of all the clones, Cosima is the one being held back a tad. Anyway, this episode felt a lot more focused than last week, but still this season is rocking out.

As for the ending, holy ****. :amazed: I did not see that coming, but man what a cliffhanger to next week. You think maybe they might end the show quietly, and then that happens. Not only that, but the scene (And I don't want to spoil it because it's too good not to be seen) leading up to the end just added a new layer to this canvas that is turning into the Best show on TV, or at least the best show I'm watching. I'm glad Doctor Who is done for now. That season was decent, Orphan Black is better.

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
Searched this out to see if anyone else was watching it. My wife and I started watching Orphan Black and Rogue (in DTV) at the same time. Rogue lasted about 2 weeks for us, but this show has stuck around. We both find it to be unreal.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I know it won't happen, but Maslany should be nominated for an Emmy. Her work on this show is amazing. Even if the story ended up not being great (And I worry about the dreaded second season slump), I'll probably still watch it just because of her.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
That episode was phenomenal. So many revelations, especially the one at the end, and man these characters have come a long way. Is it next Saturday yet because I'm so looking forward to this finale.

As for those who always come in here and say "I may have to check this show out", BBC America is rerunning all the episodes and the finale next Saturday. If there is anyone watching and is current, what did you think. I hope I'm not the only one watching this phenomenal show. Oh, and if Tatiana Maslany doesn't get a emmy nomination, that will be an epic tragedy.

Knighthammer

Feb 12, 2012
Allison has become my favourite clone. Loved her in the last two episodes.

Also, the woman Leekie(sp?) talked to near the end of the episode...

[spoil]She has to be another clone[/spoil]

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Allison has become my favourite clone. Loved her in the last two episodes.

Also, the woman Leekie(sp?) talked to near the end of the episode...

[spoil]She has to be another clone[/spoil]

For sure. Felix always makes me laugh too. I like the look and comments they made after Allison went off at the intervention.

This is probably the best show no one knows about.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Orphan Black Season Finale Tonight. I can't Freaking Wait.

I don't know the last time I was this excited for a first season finale of a show. :D:D:D

I've been saying Maslany deserves an emmy nomination for this show, but I would absolutely love it if she got TWO Emmy nominations in both Best Actress and Supporting Actress. That would be so cool.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I honestly wasn't as affected by the cliffhanger ending as I thought it would be. In a way, I'm not sure I care about what happens to Kira, and I think Sarah is going to get her back. My main excitement is that it felt like this season wrapped up perfectly and we're now heading into Phase 2. I got the sense that the person Rachael was talking to was Mrs. S, and that she took Kira.

Everything else about this episode rocked though. The scenes between Helena and Sarah were amazing, and I knew one of the clones would be killed off. I thought it was going to be Allison though, so I was happy that wasn't the case. Really looking forward to season 2. Now we've got ethical questions that are worth exploring. It's almost like I expect Season 2 to be a long season of Star Trek: TNG's "Measure of a Man," Property vs. Freedom. That is something I'm looking forward to, especially since this is Orphan Black and the writing as been awesome.

Knighthammer

Feb 12, 2012
Helena :cry:

Great finale, looking forward to see where they go for season 2. Don't think Casima will make it to the end, though.

Daynz

What!?!
Jan 2, 2012
Downtown
Sorry for the thread bump. I finally got around to watching this show and I absolutely love it. The only thing I don't like is that Helena might be dead. For some odd reason I really like her. Allison as well. They're my two favorite clones. Tatiana Maslany is phenomenal. I've seen shows or movies where the same actor portrays twins or clones and to me it always seemed obvious. Tatiana's acting is so nuanced. I think the scenes where all the clones appear on screen at once are shot very well too.

I'm trying to figure out how to make Helena's theme music an option for a ringtone on my cell phone. It's creepy. :laugh:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
To anyone who didn't get to see (IMO) one of the years best new shows, BBC America started an encore airing of Season 1 tonight (Saturday). Still a little mad that the Emmys next week will be on and Tatiana Maslany will probably not be there accepting her deserved award for best actress in a Drama Series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad