Opening night lineup predictions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Kyrou ROR Perron
Schenn Thomas Buchnevich
Saad Bozak Tarasenko
Neal Barbashev Kostin

Krug Faulk
Perunovich Parayko
Scandella Bortuzzo

Binnington

I’m never correct but it’s a fun guess. I’m putting Buchnevich in the top 6 as a nod to him being here long term.

I want to see Perunovich on the right side but there’s no room in the top 2 pairings

It’s definitely crazy depth at forward. I think Neighbors could play in the NHL but I just don’t see how he makes the roster.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Im going to be a little different.

Kyrou-RoR-Perron
Neighbors-Schenn-Buch
Saad-Thomas-Tarasenko
Neal-Bozak-Barbie

Peru-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Scandella-Bortuzzo

Kostin-IR D2D
Sunny-LTIR
Clifford, Mikkola/Walman, & MacMac extras

Could also see

Neal-RoR-Perron
Kyrou-Schenn-Buch
Saad-Thomas-Tarasenko
Neighbors-Bozak-Barbie

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Kyrou ROR Perron
Saad Schenn Buchnevich
Neal Thomas Tarasenko
Barbashev Bozak Clifford

Krug Parayko
Scandella Faulk
Perunovich Bortuzzo

I don't think Kostin makes the team. I think Neighbours does and is kept up for at least a few games over a month or so. Kyrou doesn't last for more than 2 games on that top line.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I'm just really struggling with Neal making the team as horrible as he looked before in Calgary and Edmonton. I'm sure he's motivated and all, but if he reverts to last couple of years Neal, do the Blues just waive him?

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I'm just really struggling with Neal making the team as horrible as he looked before in Calgary and Edmonton. I'm sure he's motivated and all, but if he reverts to last couple of years Neal, do the Blues just waive him?
At league minimum-1mil him putting up 15-25 goals would be great. His only truly bad year was his year in Calgary. Last year covid destroyed him.

Reactions: BlueSeal

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Kyrou ROR Perron
Saad Schenn Buchnevich
Neal Thomas Tarasenko
Barbashev Bozak Clifford

Krug Parayko
Scandella Faulk
Perunovich Bortuzzo

I don't think Kostin makes the team. I think Neighbours does and is kept up for at least a few games over a month or so. Kyrou doesn't last for more than 2 games on that top line.
I would switch Perron and Kyrou. Perron has played LW before and actually did well there, whereas Kyrou is young and has not played his offside much. Otherwise, I like your lineup. I would also consider switching Buch and Kyrou.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
My stab at it:

Perron-ROR-Buchnevich
Saad-Schenn-Kyrou
Neal-Thomas-Tarasenko
Barbashev-Bozak-Joshua
Clifford

Krug-Parayko
Scandella-Faulk
Perunovich-Bortuzzo
Mikkola

I don't like Krug on the 1st pairing, but I don't see a way around it. I am a little leary about Neal, but I think it is going to happen. I really like Joshua, and I think he deserves a chance to be a regular.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
At league minimum-1mil him putting up 15-25 goals would be great. His only truly bad year was his year in Calgary. Last year covid destroyed him.
I'd be shocked, but if he can put up Hoffman numbers at league minimum, then that would work. But, if he starts off the first 10 game stretch and plays like garbage, hopefully they would cut their losses.

I'm assuming that Brown goes to waivers to get the Springfield? I wonder if he gets picked up?

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Its a pretty low risk move to sign him to a one-year deal at about 1M as it can be entirely buried in the AHL if you waive him later. The biggest cost is the player that gets sent down to make room for him. Right now that looks like maybe Kostin or Brown.

I think Brown was always going to be getting sent down, and the 4th round pick was the real asset the Blues acquired. But maybe Brown clears waivers?

If the Blues lose him, its not totally clear it would be due to signing Neal, but I'd agree with the move since Neal can contribute right now even if he fizzles out as the season goes on.

Maybe the Blues will hold onto Brown like they did with Yakupov for a while, but I just don't have the sense he's going to be able to play on this team right now and even less so when Sundqvist is ready soon.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Perron - ROR - Saad
Buch - Schenn - Kyrou
Brown* - Thomas - Tarasenko
Kostin - Bozak - Barb

Extra:
Clifford, Neighbours* (9 games total over a couple months rotating in on the 3rd line)

Scandella - Parayko
Krug - Faulk
Perunovich - Bortuzzo

Extra: Mikkola

Binninton
Husso

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Perron - O'Reilly - Kyrou
Buchnevich - Schenn - Tarasenko
Saad - Thomas - Neal
Joshua - Bozak - Barbashev

Neighbours, Clifford

Krug - Parayko
Scandella - Faulk
Perunovich/Mikkola - Bortuzzo

Left side defense is concerning, I think we all agree that that is the weakest link for this team. I'd expect Neighbours to be with the team to start, get some games here and there, and then get sent down. The Blues typically do that with prospects, keep them up for a while to get a taste of playing with the big boys.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I would switch Perron and Kyrou. Perron has played LW before and actually did well there, whereas Kyrou is young and has not played his offside much. Otherwise, I like your lineup. I would also consider switching Buch and Kyrou.

I put Kyrou on that top line because it seems what they're going for in preseason. I actually don't think Kyrou is a great fit with those , he was much better off the rush last year which is why he was so effective with Scenn and Schwartz early on. The lineup I think would work best would be to swap Neal or Saad to that top line and then put Buch on the left wing and run Buch-Schenn-Kyrou so we can have a line that's can really create chances from the transition game.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Perron O'Reilly Kyrou
Saad Schenn Buchnevich
Neighbours Thomas Tarasenko
Clifford Bozak Barbashev

Krug Faulk
Scandella Parayko
Walman Bortuzzo

Binnington

Extras:
Kostin, Mikkola, Husso

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Neal-O’Reilly-Perron
Buchnevich-Schenn-Kyrou
Saad-Thomas-Tarasenko
Barbashev-Bozak-Kostin
Brown, Clifford

Scandella-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Mikkola-Bortuzzo
Walman

Binnington
Husso

Edit- Klim is healthy

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Been one of the more interesting camps in a while because I have no clue what to expect the lines to be on opening night. But I’ll take a shot:

Kyrou - ROR - Perron
Neal - Schenn - Buchnevich
Saad - Thomas - Tarasenko
Barbashev - Bozak - Kostin
Joshua, Brown

Scandella - Parayko
Krug - Faulk
Perunovich - Mikkola
Bortuzzo

I get the sense that Walman may be the odd man out right now on D. I also think Joshua is gonna beat out MacEachern and Clifford.

I won’t be surprised if I’m way wrong though. I also have no idea what to expect with Neighbours and Brown specifically.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I'm starting to consider that maybe Walman has peaked, which sucks cuz I like his commitment, but his drive may not be enough.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Oh ok sorry I have no idea.. I remember years ago there being alot of hype with him.. thought maybe he could eventually hit his stride

Was asking out of curiosity is all
It's all good. The hype diminished with each soft goal and strange decision.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Oh ok sorry I have no idea.. I remember years ago there being alot of hype with him.. thought maybe he could eventually hit his stride

Was asking out of curiosity is all

Goalies are black magic. He has the ability. He has looked very sharp at times. But he has a lot of improvement to do, especially with regard to consistency, if he's going to challenge for the starting job. Binnington wasn't the guy until suddenly he was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad