GDT: OPENING DAY!!! - Final: Hawks 5 - Kings 2 - 1/19/13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
why not? i've got both pens/flyers and chi/la on centre ice. and then sens/jets on cbc for the 3pm start.

I don't care what you have, you're not in the US so it's completely different.

NBC has exclusive rights to the time slot. If you want to see the other game, you have to watch it at nbcsports.com here.

I just went through my channel menu and only the Jets game is on Center Ice here.

Steve Larmer

Oct 17, 2008
sup guys, been a while.

I'm thinking this is going to be high scoring. 5-4 hawks. kane (2), bolland, hossa, shaw.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Saad = Healthy Scratch apparantly

Why even bother having kid up if you aren't playing him? Makes no sense

It's okay for a game or two as it can give a rookie a different perspective but no more than that or you're right, why bother. He can get quality minutes in RFD. It is typical Q to do that though. Generally speaking I just don't like the way he treats newcomers trying to get into a groove .... kills confidence. Their are exceptions, like Shaw who got great minutes as a rookie.

Relieved to hear Toews is playing.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I just realized in a matter of hours I'll be seeing Blackhawks hockey on national television in high definition, now I know how Martini feels. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not in the US, it wouldn't be.

Really? Well that blows, that's how I was planning on watching them. Will still be able to watch on the computer, but obviously would prefer them on the TV and the Pens/Flyers on the computer.... lame.

Retail1LO*

I don't care what you have, you're not in the US so it's completely different.

NBC has exclusive rights to the time slot. If you want to see the other game, you have to watch it at nbcsports.com here.

I just went through my channel menu and only the Jets game is on Center Ice here.

No joke. What ******* BS is THAT? So...I live in Philly...and because NBC is broadcasting the Flyers/Pens...I won't get to see the Hawks because NBC is broadcasting the game in some other part of the country? WTF am I paying for Center Ice for???

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
No joke. What ******* BS is THAT? So...I live in Philly...and because NBC is broadcasting the Flyers/Pens...I won't get to see the Hawks because NBC is broadcasting the game in some other part of the country? WTF am I paying for Center Ice for???

Yeah, it blows. MLB on FOX works just like that as well. Can only watch the game they're playing in your market.

At least NBC is giving the opportunity to watch it online. FOX does not do that.

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
Alright heading to the sports bar. Let's do this!

HAWKS=3-2

They blow a 2 goal lead and win in OT.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Well, NBC is at least streaming it for free.

Martini*

Good to see Saad was scratched. He didnt deserve his call up and is lucky he is even up at this time. Should have stayed in the Rock and gotten quality minutes. Good move by Q.

Hopefully Q wakes up from his fantasy of having Bolland on the second line, also.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So, um, apparently NBC where I live is airing college basketball instead of either of the games... Does that mean they won't be blacked out on Center Ice for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad